IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

About FFL.. I only recently realized that my copy is actually a reissue, rereleased by Sunsoft in 1998. I have yet to see a sealed Square-published copy. If anyone has one or knows where to get one, I'd love to know!

The Square ones are rare but under appreciated (so far?).

I have a set of the FF Square GB games so you can always shoot me an offer if you want but fair warning I see them as really undervalued.

Being that I loved FFA and FFL way back in the day, I bought all four of the Sunsoft re-issues when they came out and kept them sealed.  I unloaded them years ago and I wish I hadn't.  It's probably one of my biggest regrets of personal sales in the past.

Anyway.  I have a graded Squaresoft FFA.  I'm not sure if much has changed in the past 6 months, but generally, the Squaresoft stuff hasn't picked up more value than the Sunsoft label.  I'm quite surprised because once SMB sold at Heritage for a ridiculous price for the first edition, all first editions seemed to pick up in price, even if there was no rational reason for it.  Still, with this set of games, the Squaresoft stuff doesn't get as noticed as much.

12 minutes ago, RH said:

Being that I loved FFA and FFL way back in the day, I bought all four of the Sunsoft re-issues when they came out and kept them sealed.  I unloaded them years ago and I wish I hadn't.  It's probably one of my biggest regrets of personal sales in the past.

Anyway.  I have a graded Squaresoft FFA.  I'm not sure if much has changed in the past 6 months, but generally, the Squaresoft stuff hasn't picked up more value than the Sunsoft label.  I'm quite surprised because once SMB sold at Heritage for a ridiculous price for the first edition, all first editions seemed to pick up in price, even if there was no rational reason for it.  Still, with this set of games, the Squaresoft stuff doesn't get as noticed as much.

that's just it, it makes no sense and they haven't moved up in price, so why on earth would anyone sell a Square copy.

Maybe things will change.   2k gb tetris sales and all.   We will see.

On 5/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, MegaMan52 said:

I forgot to include this in my post on the previous page:

papermariogcsealed.thumb.jpg.0808c363d272d6ec0d2efccd2c4ab651.jpg

This copy is from those Platinum GameCube Paper Mario bundles that Wal-Mart and Zellers were selling in 2008 or so.

8 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

baldursgategcsealed.thumb.jpg.bf0ed81d7b59c1d3a53d1ddddcaa724a.jpg

Seeing your Paper Mario makes me wish I never sold my GC in hopes of starting a .hack collection. 😅

Plus Dark Alliance is my favorite D&D console game to this day! I found the sequel new long ago, and sold it right away. Glad I did since I did not like that game at all.

• Like 1