IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

7 hours ago, The Count said:

X-rays would be perfect. Otherwise the weights are different, but I'm not sure the exact measurements. 

I actually asked my dentist to xray it today (LOL). But he couldnt do it as his xray only gives a very small pic (like 2teeth for example).

it seems that both the genesis and snes cart would be vertical hence my on’y lead would be to measure the distance between the screes. Is that right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim Jimmer said:

I actually asked my dentist to xray it today (LOL). But he couldnt do it as his xray only gives a very small pic (like 2teeth for example).

it seems that both the genesis and snes cart would be vertical hence my on’y lead would be to measure the distance between the screes. Is that right?

Look up the UPCs.  They have to be different.  Otherwise the stores would have no clue what they were selling, and that would have been a nightmare for returns from irate parents.

Alternatively, send it off to WATA and tell them to figure it out.

Edited by RH

23 hours ago, Jim Jimmer said:

Anyone knows how to differentiate snes from genesis version without opening it? Im going to the dentist today so may ask him to xray it 🤣🤣

BD3DC641-24C9-4570-B196-85CA6BCB945E.jpeg

Take it on your next flight and see if they'll let you look at it as it goes through the scanner. They will probably say no, but some places have the screen easily visible so it may be worth a shot. Or have someone else take it through as you stand to the side. I could probably get it imaged at the hospital, but you'd have to ship it to me.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:49 AM, Jim Jimmer said:

Anyone knows how to differentiate snes from genesis version without opening it? Im going to the dentist today so may ask him to xray it 🤣🤣

BD3DC641-24C9-4570-B196-85CA6BCB945E.jpeg

Interesting discussion in the recent posts. Wonder why the lazy buggers went into doing a box set with extra features and couldn’t add some extra letters “Snes” or “Genesis”? 

Love sealed games, especially PS1, but haven´t been able to pick up new ones in quite a while due to focus on my SMT collection as well as real life stuff.  I guess I can post here some of my PS1 games, but I need to take new pics of them. Only one I got a new pic right now is this (forgot to take it out of the cello bag I use to store it)

50202677462_4ebedf7c48_c.jpg

50201872013_accc3faa07_c.jpg

One of my favorite games on PS1, soundtrack sticks to me to this day. Shame that the hangtab has yellowed over time, despite keeping it away from sunlight. When I´m able to move and settle into a new house I will see if I can do something about it.

• Like 6

On 8/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, RH said:

Look up the UPCs.  They have to be different.  Otherwise the stores would have no clue what they were selling, and that would have been a nightmare for returns from irate parents.

Alternatively, send it off to WATA and tell them to figure it out.

There used to be a sticker on the cello and afaik it was the only way to know st the store. Now that sticker is gone so im lost. Perhaps next time i go to the hospital i can bring it with 🤣.

i’ve read somewhere that even the weight is not a good indicator (all over the ´lace for both versions). 

oh well its still a nice piece but its big and i have no way of properly display it lol. Should ‘ve thought this one through before buying!

7 hours ago, leonemesis said:

Love sealed games, especially PS1, but haven´t been able to pick up new ones in quite a while due to focus on my SMT collection as well as real life stuff.  I guess I can post here some of my PS1 games, but I need to take new pics of them. Only one I got a new pic right now is this (forgot to take it out of the cello bag I use to store it)

50202677462_4ebedf7c48_c.jpg

50201872013_accc3faa07_c.jpg

One of my favorite games on PS1, soundtrack sticks to me to this day. Shame that the hangtab has yellowed over time, despite keeping it away from sunlight. When I´m able to move and settle into a new house I will see if I can do something about it.

Sweet game! 👍

And the one thing I have learned about plastics is that humidity, as well as select climates, can yellow certain types of plastics. It has become of of those reasons why I gave up on collecting pre-Disney era Star Wars figures. And why people might not see me own non-graded toys. Because some looked white in photos but arrived yellow. 😭

But yeah... I do hope you can get that un-yellowed! And note that the HD remake of SMT3: Nocturne might be announced for a state-side release later this year. It has a Japan release announced. So there is a chance it will have one here as well.

16 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Sweet game! 👍

And the one thing I have learned about plastics is that humidity, as well as select climates, can yellow certain types of plastics. It has become of of those reasons why I gave up on collecting pre-Disney era Star Wars figures. And why people might not see me own non-graded toys. Because some looked white in photos but arrived yellow. 😭

But yeah... I do hope you can get that un-yellowed! And note that the HD remake of SMT3: Nocturne might be announced for a state-side release later this year. It has a Japan release announced. So there is a chance it will have one here as well.

It will certainly come, SMT releases are still popular enough to warrant a release, despite Persona stealing the spotlight in recent years. This time around I´m thinking of trying to play it in japanese. My knowledge of the language isn´t that great to deal with the philosophical themes of the game, but it will be great practice nonetheless.

Not all of mine, but some of the ones I'm most proud of.  I've got a bunch of stuff like Star Soldier for N64 and Mario Kart Double Dash for GC, but I got those mostly by accident.

Ghosts 'N Goblins I never see sealed, and the Raya set just took me a long time to finish.  That Bronkie was a pain.

20200812_171745.jpg

20200812_171756.jpg

Raya Set.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...