IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

4 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

Not a game, but I assume it's appropriate for this thread. Psyched to get this from a fellow board member! Does anyone know if VGA would grade this? 

GfZ6fZV.png

sNKe4xj.png

If you are willing to pay what it costs to have it be graded, they will grade it. Heck, somebody had a box of Pokemon cereal be graded! So seeing how this minty fresh beauty is factory sealed... There is no question they will grade it. I only suggest that you contact them by email first just to see if they are accepting submissions. And do the same with CAS since you might be able to have them grade it for free. 🙂

21 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

If you are willing to pay what it costs to have it be graded, they will grade it. Heck, somebody had a box of Pokemon cereal be graded! So seeing how this minty fresh beauty is factory sealed... There is no question they will grade it. I only suggest that you contact them by email first just to see if they are accepting submissions. And do the same with CAS since you might be able to have them grade it for free. 🙂

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, i had never heard of CAS. Why would they grade it for free?

6 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, i had never heard of CAS. Why would they grade it for free?

Not a problemo. And I hope everything I say helps in some way. 🙂

Collector Archive Service is technically still a new grading company. And one that has a controversial past. In 2017 a known 'pro-AFA' member of a Star Wars fan forum (that I used to attend) accused CAS of shady dealings. The reason? Ken Black of Sellersvile Auctions was part of their corporate team. I will not go into details since this is a different topic. And will say that Ross Barr was a class act given the situation he was facing. And that the OP created a scenario that did not help CGA, Inc. in the end.

As for the "free" service, they offer their cheapest grading service in exchange of them using the photos they take of said post-graded item on the site. And if they still do plan to grade anything related to video games, I suggest you ask about any upgrades they can offer if you are not willing to deal with a long turn-around. It's something I am thinking of doing for a number of my games. But am also holding off due to both the COVID-19 scenario and hope that Wata will be able to encase PSP, PS4, and Switch games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently was helping out my folks with quarantine-forced basement spring cleaning. Found a sealed copy of Blaster Master for NES. Apparently my dad got it as a gift around 1990, hid it for my birthday months away, then just forgot about it. 🤷‍♂️

No damage or marks that I can see. Seal has folds, but no visible holes. Still has hang tag. Also pricetag from defunct retail chain Benny's!

I did see this recent Heritage Auction where a sealed copy rated 9.6 A+ by WATA went for $1500. For the oval Seal of Quality version too, not the original run circle.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/blaster-master-rev-a-oval-soq-tm-carolina-collection-wata-96-a-sealed-nes-sunsoft-1988-usa/a/7212-93007.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-Thumbnail-022817&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417&fbclid=IwAR1VlTKKEfLI4-E7xL6vUwzYg5EzpGzlV7EYHAvYF5iUwfTGLiRb18dwLy0

I'm seriously considering getting mine WATA graded. Really hard to tell what grade this would get going by the scale photos on their site. Definitely higher than a C. Probably a B. Hopefully an A. (Wishfully an A+)

(visible to the right: copy of Rule of Rose, also discovered during cleaning. Apparently THE most valuable PS2 game right now)

BM.jpg

Edited by fahbs
  • Like 4

On 7/16/2020 at 2:00 AM, fahbs said:

Recently was helping out my folks with quarantine-forced basement spring cleaning. Found a sealed copy of Blaster Master for NES. Apparently my dad got it as a gift around 1990, hid it for my birthday months away, then just forgot about it. 🤷‍♂️

No damage or marks that I can see. Seal has folds, but no visible holes. Still has hang tag. Also pricetag from defunct retail chain Benny's!

I did see this recent Heritage Auction where a sealed copy rated 9.6 A+ by WATA went for $1500. For the oval Seal of Quality version too, not the original run circle.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/blaster-master-rev-a-oval-soq-tm-carolina-collection-wata-96-a-sealed-nes-sunsoft-1988-usa/a/7212-93007.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-Thumbnail-022817&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417&fbclid=IwAR1VlTKKEfLI4-E7xL6vUwzYg5EzpGzlV7EYHAvYF5iUwfTGLiRb18dwLy0

I'm seriously considering getting mine WATA graded. Really hard to tell what grade this would get going by the scale photos on their site. Definitely higher than a C. Probably a B. Hopefully an A. (Wishfully an A+)

(visible to the right: copy of Rule of Rose, also discovered during cleaning. Apparently THE most valuable PS2 game right now)

BM.jpg

Nice! THere's an auction for a raw one on Ebay right now I'm watching. I also have a sealed copy. Didn't realize this existed in the original circle seal.