IGNORED

~Choco Pie -vs- Moon Pie~

drxandy

Thanks for the interesting information! I just subjected a bunch of third graders to a talk about Big Mike bananas and artificial flavoring. The Taiwanense teacher left me with nothing to do, for a forty minute period, so that became the topic of my class.

On a different note, gonna look tonight regarding Choco Pie, just gotta get off work first.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Umm yes! those sound delicious. I could make a little cup of matcha and dip the moon pie but that's all I got.

Not my picture, sadly the supermarket I stopped by didn't have them, so it might be a seasonal thing. I sent my mother some though awhile back.

matcha choco.jpg

• Love 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Well couldn't find them tonight, but they do make Green Tea / Matcha flavoured Choco Pies. Can Moon Pie do that?! 😄

No, but they do have five standard flavors (chocolate, vanilla, banana, strawberry, salted caramel) as well as a few seasonal varieties (coconut for Mardi Gras, orange, lemon, butterscotch, pumpkin spice).  I know I've seen at least another half dozen to dozen variants here and there over the years (cherry filled centers, for example), but none are coming up in my quick search at the moment.  Wasn't aware that they really were basically a "local" thing for us, though, as they're produced at a single bakery in a city "just down the road" from us (~2.5-3 hour drive).  Who knew?

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Not my picture, sadly the supermarket I stopped by didn't have them, so it might be a seasonal thing. I sent my mother some though awhile back.

matcha choco.jpg

I'm not really into Moon Pies (I loved them as a kid though),
But I would try a matcha one any day!

They may have these at my local int'l market, I'll have to check

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in some other Tennessee treats, I thoroughly recommend Mayfield Ice Cream.  They have 3 factories in and around the Knoxville/McMinn county area, and it is delicious.  I don't know if it's a national brand or not, but it's the "luxury" ice cream around here.  The only reason I didn't suggest sending it is because I didn't now if there was a way to ship it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Rhapsody98 said:

If anyone is interested in some other Tennessee treats, I thoroughly recommend Mayfield Ice Cream.  They have 3 factories in and around the Knoxville/McMinn county area, and it is delicious.  I don't know if it's a national brand or not, but it's the "luxury" ice cream around here.  The only reason I didn't suggest sending it is because I didn't now if there was a way to ship it.

You could send it by dogsled - MUSH!  😄

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I used to eat the packaged seaweed as a kid. I loved it. My grandma was 100 Japanese. 

also rc cola is good with salted peanuts tossed in (glass bottle)

This is the only way to drink a Coke in a glass bottle, especially on a hot summer's day.  The Moon Pie is also the classic side.  Nothing gets more classic-Southern than that combo, except maybe fried chicken!

• Like 1