IGNORED

Question for Factory Sealed Super Mario Bros Nintendo NES

AnimalHouse

1 hour ago, AnimalHouse said:

link here

I am having trouble verifying the H-seam on the back because of the faint impressions on either side of the seam, can anyone verify?

When I compare to other random SMB examples: 1, 2, 3, 4; the others appear different.

I think you're good

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WATA-9-0-SEALED-NES-Super-Mario-Bros-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-RARE-/255127534666?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

This one shows same weird tubing on side image and a little on back.  Also has much tighter seam where they connect on the sides,  like yours pictured.

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

On 9/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, AnimalHouse said:

link here

I am having trouble verifying the H-seam on the back because of the faint impressions on either side of the seam, can anyone verify?

When I compare to other random SMB examples: 1, 2, 3, 4; the others appear different.

That looks like the fakest H-seam I've ever seen. Are NES seams really like this?

Edited by inasuma

For fun and nothing better to do. I was looking at the list of 16 bidders, like in a crossword puzzle. Not long after searching through video game listings, was I able to spot a number of the bidders. The easiest ones to identify are the sellers with 99% fdbk lol. Its interesting to see what bidders are looking at besides video games: VHS tapes, Trading Card Singles, Graphic Novels, Box Art, Toys, Action Figures, Sports Cards....

11 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

For fun and nothing better to do. I was looking at the list of 16 bidders, like in a crossword puzzle. Not long after searching through video game listings, was I able to spot a number of the bidders. The easiest ones to identify are the sellers with 99% fdbk lol. Its interesting to see what bidders are looking at besides video games: VHS tapes, Trading Card Singles, Graphic Novels, Box Art, Toys, Action Figures, Sports Cards....

So speculators/investors then...

44 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Hmm... It's ALMOST as though there is some kind of anterior motive behind their purchases, having nothing to do whatsoever with the intrinsic value of the items themselves nor any sort of deep seated passion for the hobbies to which they pertain... But, surely that couldn't be! 🧐

32 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So speculators/investors then...

Yeegads!!!! 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bingo! Another bidder found.

8 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Hmm... It's ALMOST as though there is some kind of anterior motive behind their purchases, having nothing to do whatsoever with the intrinsic value of the items themselves nor any sort of deep seated passion for the hobbies to which they pertain... But, surely that couldn't be! 🧐

I suspect greed is the common dominator OptOut 😉 

• Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
24 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Yeegads!!!! 😲

I don't think half those words mean what you think they mean. 

Idk if this is coincidence but one of the bidder usernames I discovered has the same location as Mark Haspel but it isn't his m*s*h ebay id. I mean its possible two unrelated pple living in the same city with similar interests. The other username mentions gold bronze silve age comics, is he into comics? I have no clue. 

13 hours ago, Gloves said:

I don't think half those words mean what you think they mean. 

In his defense, there is an alternate timeline version of him hearing this conversation:

[Note: This dimension has a Gordon Gekko that is named Wata Heritage-Auction. I am also there because no timeline is interesting with(out) me in being there. Enjoy.]

Well, I appreciate the opportunity you're giving me, Mr. Zero, as the single smallest shareholder in VGS's graded video game library, to speak.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, as well as nonbinary and neutered folks, we're not here to indulge in fantasy, but in political and economic reality. Video games. Video games have become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market, when our interest was a top collectible power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The VGAs, the UKGs, the grading companies that built this great industrial hobby, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, collectors have no stake in the hobby!

All together, these grading companies own less than 3 percent of what they have graded. And where does Mr. Zero put the allowance he gives himself? Not in Wata Games; he owns less than 0 percent.

You own the games. That's right -- you, the collector.

And you are all being royally screwed over by these, these bureaucrats, with their steak lunches, their hunting and fishing trips, their corporate jets and golden parachutes.

FenrirZero: "This is an outrage! You're out of line, Wata!"

Video Game Authority, Mr. Zero, VGA has no listing on who works there. Now, I have spent my last assumption analyzing what they do, and I still can't figure it out. One thing I do know is that their grading company lost their pop reports last year, and I'll bet that half of that was in it was sent to Wata Games.

The new law of evolution in graded games seems to be survival of the mintiest. Well, in my book you either do it our way or you get eliminated.

In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 25 investors who have made a pretax profit of 12 dollars. Thank you.

I am not a destroyer of graded games. I am a liberator of them!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save this hobby, but that other malfunctioning hobbies called collecting.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

In his defense, there is an alternate timeline version of him hearing this conversation:

[Note: This dimension has a Gordon Gekko that is named Wata Heritage-Auction. I am also there because no timeline is interesting with(out) me in being there. Enjoy.]

Well, I appreciate the opportunity you're giving me, Mr. Zero, as the single smallest shareholder in VGS's graded video game library, to speak.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, as well as nonbinary and neutered folks, we're not here to indulge in fantasy, but in political and economic reality. Video games. Video games have become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market, when our interest was a top collectible power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The VGAs, the UKGs, the grading companies that built this great industrial hobby, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, collectors have no stake in the hobby!

All together, these grading companies own less than 3 percent of what they have graded. And where does Mr. Zero put the allowance he gives himself? Not in Wata Games; he owns less than 0 percent.

You own the games. That's right -- you, the collector.

And you are all being royally screwed over by these, these bureaucrats, with their steak lunches, their hunting and fishing trips, their corporate jets and golden parachutes.

FenrirZero: "This is an outrage! You're out of line, Wata!"

Video Game Authority, Mr. OptOut, VGA has no listing on who works there. Now, I have spent my last assumption analyzing what they do, and I still can't figure it out. One thing I do know is that their grading company lost their pop reports last year, and I'll bet that half of that was in it was sent to Wata Games.

The new law of evolution in graded games seems to be survival of the mintiest. Well, in my book you either do it our way or you get eliminated.

In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 25 investors who have made a pretax profit of 12 dollars. Thank you.

I am not a destroyer of graded games. I am a liberator of them!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save this hobby, but that other malfunctioning hobbies called collecting.

Jesus christ lol. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Yeegads!!!! 😲

The intrinsic value of a sealed Super Mario Bros. is about 6 cents.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Idk if this is coincidence but one of the bidder usernames I discovered has the same location as Mark Haspel but it isn't his m*s*h ebay id. I mean its possible two unrelated pple living in the same city with similar interests. The other username mentions gold bronze silve age comics, is he into comics? I have no clue. 

After an exhausting comparison search between all the listings of the 2 usernames, none of the wata case id's match. Coincidence it is than. Now I can focus back to finding out who the rest of the bidders are.