IGNORED

Seller from ebay shipped me something I did not buy

Knud

I bought off a seller on ebay which has a huge selection of games, two games couple of weeks ago, he refunded me some shipping fees and all was good. Well packaged and all in order.

Then out of nowhere I get some bundle of games that I did not order and had not ordered anything again, PC games and some stuff worth around $100. Clearly it was a mix up. I do what I would have wanted from someone in that situation and tell the seller about it via email. Seller asked me to ship it back and he would cover shipping. Which I did, sent him the tracking number. Asked about buying some games just through email not ebay and getting my shipping, got some photos after a long time. Week passes between the responses and I politely ask for updates once a week. Get some excuses about his cat escaping etc. I also get notified that the package had been delivered.

Then when I hear nothing for a week after a month going back and forth I just tell him to keep the shipping fee and I don’t bother trying to do it anymore…and no response that I got after that, was hoping for a bit of a wake up call. I just don’t get it why people are so much douchbags it was only $25 but still kind of felt betrayed after my guesture regarding shipping back some items he had sold to someone else.

This type of person sucks. I'm at the point in my life where I don't even let them bother me, I figure they must need the money more than I do and I move on.

Thing is, most of the people in the world are decent folks, despite what we may read in the newspapers or see on TV. You did a good, honest deed, this guy then did you dirty, karma will get him back at some point.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Knud said:

It was my idea, it is a seller on ebay with 9000 feedback and just thought we could make a sweet deal. But I was wrong.

Sorry this happened to you.  This hobby breeds greed and bad behavior like this for some reason.  People will do anything to save a buck especially if there is no consequences. 

You are probably wondering "why would someone screw me for $25?".  I've come to understand that the whole "omg I just got a $100 game for $1 at Goodwill" slowly degrades into "omg I just saved $25 on a mistake I made!".

Feedback on eBay or anywhere else, doesn't mean much.  Especially buyer feedback.   Always protect yourself even if the person seems nice and has high feedback. 

Just remember you did the right thing and it only cost you $25 to maintain your dignity.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I had a seller send me an extra big box PC game once. No issue I forwarded it along to the end buyer. Apparently he had put some contents of the wrong game into some of my games though so it didn't arrive complete. I offered to send out the inserts, but he said it wasn't worth it and got mad at me for trying to fix his fuck up, never repaid me the $8 to ship back the original box, lol. If you send me wrong stuff I'm keeping it unless you pay me in advance now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One time a seller fudged up and sent me $125s worth of free loose carts. Part of me was like score but the other part of me, my conscious felt like I had to inform the seller and I did. The seller didn't ask what I had, just to keep it. Sadly, I forgot the sellers name but good service. Heres another story about when I used to sell gaminghead statues a long time ago. Customer purchased a skyrim standard edition and I grabbed the limited edition by mistake and shipped it to the buyer. The boxes look similar. Back than, i was selling the standard for $250 and limited for $750. Once I realized my mistake, I msg'd the buyer but no response. He got a great deal.. I learned my lesson to never put limited edition statues next to standard edition statues. 

This has happened to me several times where a seller sent me items that weren't intended for me. I just got the shipping cost and ship the games to the buyer it was intended for. It was a nice thing you did by sending the games back to the seller without shipping cost in advance but as you experienced there is a risk which was you would get screwed out of money. There are a lot of honest people in this world and there are a lot of dishonest people in this world. 

• Agree 1