IGNORED

Loose N64 set sells for $30K+

LeatherRebel5150

Moderator · Posted
26 minutes ago, GPX said:

I don’t care how rich you are, you need to use a few brain cells to make decisions. eg. Does Paris Hilton shop around for the best price, or does she shop at random stores and buying them indiscriminately?

So with that in mind, what’s the hurry to buy a complete N64 US cart collection at a crazy rate? I think this is one of those cringe attempts at market manipulation. 

FWIW, a complete Pal N64 cart collection listed on eBay Australia is being listed for roughly $9000 US, and it’s been listed for several months now.  Why aren’t any dumb rich millionaires clicking on that BIN price? 🤔

Simple enough: Convenience > cash/time when you have enough money. 

Also, the reason those aren’t being bought is because PAL sucks. 

• Haha 6
  • Angry 1

25 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Who said anything about playing them? 

The “Pal sucks” reference..which I agree btw, but with regards to gaming.

Collecting-wise, both should be of similar worth from what I understand of the loose cart markets over the past decade. Certainly no reason for an NTSC set to be 3-4 times that of a Pal set regarding loose carts.

So I conclude, either there is market manipulation (a bogus deal) or the market is completely nonsensical/illogical.

• 2 months later...

This makes me think about a old sale on Nintendoage probably sometime around 2012/2013 a guy was selling his CIB N64 set (missing the boxes/instructions on a couple of the high ends).  I think he wanted $2300 for the set, something like that.  He sold it after two or three weeks on the market.  Where's my time machine?  😅

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NintendoTwizer said:

This makes me think about a old sale on Nintendoage probably sometime around 2012/2013 a guy was selling his CIB N64 set (missing the boxes/instructions on a couple of the high ends).  I think he wanted $2300 for the set, something like that.  He sold it after two or three weeks on the market.  Where's my time machine?  😅

Wasn't there also a very near complete SNES CIB set that was up for sale for like $10K around the same time?

Moderator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Ah, a little more than I remember. Still a great deal in retrospect but I guess kinda everything was back then compared to today.

Yeah, he made a killing on selling the doubles and keeping the rest he needed to make a full set. He actually started piecing out that set of his last month. 

• Like 1