IGNORED

China Limits Video Games to 3 Hours a Week for Young People

phart010

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeesh I've heard of that one, the terror famine.  China is just one step south of what the old CCCP was quite proud of under Stalin.  Control, starvation, mass killings, genocide, mind and life control, the works.  Exactly Marxism looks awesome, like some Star Trek utopia where everything in general is supplied for, want isn't needed as everything is there, no one is really over another in practice and profit(money) doesn't exist(in the federation.)  Yeah, it's not...it's basically CCCP of old and now China, and we're only seeing pieces of it due to the buttkissing crap google, youtube, facebook loves to bury and hammer people with if they bring it up.

Fun fact - George Orwell was a card carrying communist.  When communists are like "y'know, maybe we should warn people what happens when this shit goes too far..." to me, that says something more than anything anyone else could say.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

There is only one China and it's not that perverted version of China that is limiting game time...the ROC is my China, and I can game as much as I want here.

Off topic but is adultery still a crime? Long story short, my wife’s brother is married to a Taiwanese and committed adultery while living there. He was very very, huge emphasis on very, lucky to leave the country because he was an Australian citizen. They told him if he ever steps foot in Taiwan again he will be detoured straight to jail. Surprisingly his wife is still married to him.

• Like 1

I know a certain former President got a lot of grief for his term poo-poo-hole country (folks, he meant the gov't/those in charge and the overall living conditions; NOT the rank and file people in that country, who probably don't like the situation anymore else does/would)...but China (the leadership of China) sure does ACT like one sometimes!  I mean don't even get me started on that whole 1989 Tianamen Square thing. 

And isn't really odd that many people in Hong Kong wanted to stay with or go back to being under British rule for the same reason the US over 200 years ago wanted to break up with Great Britain (it didn't become the UK until 1801)?

God Save the Queen and God Save British Hong Kong! 🙂 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Maybe we should limit gameplay...

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4280468

Or perhaps the dude here was in the right.

It was only after he was surrounded by police and he was not able to switch to the assault rifle that he realized that this was actually real life.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Shmup said:

Off topic but is adultery still a crime? Long story short, my wife’s brother is married to a Taiwanese and committed adultery while living there. He was very very, huge emphasis on very, lucky to leave the country because he was an Australian citizen. They told him if he ever steps foot in Taiwan again he will be detoured straight to jail. Surprisingly his wife is still married to him.

Not sure about the jail time, but yes it definitely was a crime here. Only a year or two ago was this changed.

There's a lot of loveless marriages here, though.

• Thanks 1

On the one hand, this seems obviously dumb.

On the other hand, it sounds like this is an industry regulation that only applies to online multiplayer and free-to-play stuff that make up the vast majority of gaming in China so it's not like they're blocking the good games. They already did that once before when they banned game consoles from 2000 - 2015.

And I'm all for reducing Chinese influence on the rest of the world, especially in terms of media. If China wants to harm many of their gaming companies' potential with this and thereby help stymie those companies' long-term international expansion? Cool, sounds great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

That's a rare combo. I wonder if WATA will grade Tucker?

They grade anything!  I once sent them a pound of cocaine that someone claimed was from Pablo Escobar's personal stash.  I had my suspicions, but they sent it back with confirmation!   So much more than I expected from a video game grading service! 😛

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

He hates minorities and wants to bang his mom? 

Correct

1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

They grade anything!  I once sent them a pound of cocaine that someone claimed was from Pablo Escobar's personal stash.  I had my suspicions, but they sent it back with confirmation!   So much more than I expected from a video game grading service! 😛

Im calling it, nose candy is the new hot ticket. Buy as much as you can, kids!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

He hates minorities and wants to bang his mom? 

Look at his face and tell me that's not a guy who wants to go back up the birth canal he came out of. 😛

I apologize. That's totally inappropriate.

Ending a sentence on a preposition like that. 😞

• Haha 2