IGNORED

Bad Takes Thread

11 minutes ago, Californication said:

That's implying the game being graded add's $100 in value. In this case the plastic case did not add $100 in value, so I believe Misty is correct in this example.

I see your point, but mine is, if someone wanted to grade this game anyways, the price includes the service! 

If you're talking about someone against grading or just looking for raw, then yeah, they shouldn't even be looking at this listing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Californication said:

That's implying the game being graded add's $100 in value. In this case the plastic case did not add $100 in value, so I believe Misty is correct in this example.

No offense, but your proof is based on bad math. 😅

Also, Misty is a frugal gamer from Canada. Otherwise she would have known that the seller, who is also from Canada, bought the game in 2017 and has no chance to make a profit.

The truth is that her claims are based on the fact that the NA version was released the day she posted that, and was given a Canadian ESRP of C$49.99. Where as the JP release had an ESRP of 4,800 JPY. Which, in 2017, was C$55.58.

Plus combination of that amount the seller spent does not say that they made a $100 profit. It says they bought more than one copy in 2017, with this copy being sold the moment the NA is up for presale (or sale).

Then again, I am at risk of losing money once I have my imports graded. The rare "first prints" I do own are not guaranteed to hold their value once people start to collect the Switch 2.

Thus why I can verify that there is no profit in that sale. 😅

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

No offense, but your proof is based on bad math. 😅

Also, Misty is a frugal gamer from Canada. Otherwise she would have known that the seller, who is also from Canada, bought the game in 2017 and has no chance to make a profit.

The truth is that her claims are based on the fact that the NA version was released the day she posted that, and was given a Canadian ESRP of C$49.99. Where as the JP release had an ESRP of 4,800 JPY. Which, in 2017, was C$55.58.

Plus combination of that amount the seller spent does not say that they made a $100 profit. It says they bought more than one copy in 2017, with this copy being sold the moment the NA is up for presale (or sale).

Then again, I am at risk of losing money once I have my imports graded. The rare "first prints" I do own are not guaranteed to hold their value once people start to collect the Switch 2.

Thus why I can verify that there is no profit in that sale. 😅

So essentially everything you just said agrees with me, the seller didn't profit. So you agree with me.

Also, don't forgot taxes (if there is a profit) and opportunity cost.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Californication said:

So essentially everything you just said agrees with me, the seller didn't profit. So you agree with me.

Also, don't forgot taxes (if there is a profit) and opportunity cost.

Seeing that I had a bad Autistic-level issue there, I did. 😅

And by bad I mean my writer's block caused me to have a 7 hour long anxiety attack that had me overlook the word "not" in your statement. 😩

Sorry for misquoting you. And yes, I changed my reaction.

18 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

Seeing that I had a bad Autistic-level issue there, I did. 😅

And by bad I mean my writer's block caused me to have a 7 hour long anxiety attack that had me overlook the word "not" in your statement. 😩

Sorry for misquoting you. And yes, I changed my reaction.

You're good. Hope you are feeling better.

• Thanks 1