IGNORED

Would WATA grade and slab this?

3 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

What am I looking at?  Is this like a name the silly things WATA will grade thread?

Actually grading this would be LESS silly than SOME of the shit they've graded, lol!

Repro Hot Slots cart only anyone? Fan translation of Final Fantasy 2? Fake Prototype? 🤣

To answer the OP though, no, they will only grade games that fit in their cases... They don't have to fit WELL mind you, they have no problems with boxed Atari 2600 games rattling around but I DIGRESS! 😂

8 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

What am I looking at?  Is this like a name the silly things WATA will grade thread?

It's an honest-to-god printed catalog for the ongoing HA "signature" auction that ends next month. These got mailed out to...some people, seems to be either people who've actually bought games from HA before, or at least people who've gone as far as entering a credit card number to enable bidding.

btw, my answer to the question is: sure, why not? Then you could sell it at HAA (Heritage Auctions Auctions, who sell only the best Heritage Auctions paraphernalia...)

Edited by AdamW

25 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

They put out a paper catalog? 

Is this 1994?

Do you think Gen Z is bidding on the Donald G. Patrick Collection of the world’s finest known Brasher Dubloons? Old people use mail. Also, they take $1000s in fees and it probably makes sellers feel warm fuzzies to have their stuff in a print catalog. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Do you think Gen Z is bidding on the Donald G. Patrick Collection of the world’s finest known Brasher Dubloons? Old people use mail. Also, they take $1000s in fees and it probably makes sellers feel warm fuzzies to have their stuff in a print catalog. 

When you put it that way, it makes sense. I guess I thought it was just games for the investor bros. 

I happen to like nice physical magazines, and subscribe to a few that are more like books. A magazine for a video game auction (only) strikes me as weird. 

FWIW the pictures are high quality and the paper seems to be good as well.

Crap now I outed myself that I've opened it and it doesn't qualify as an NS tier book anymore. Good thing they don't have serial numbers.

As an aside, I wonder if the sellers paid extra to have their games in the magazine, because the amount of space that each game was given is not equal and doesn't always seem to make sense from any perspective other than "who paid us more?" It was very reminiscent of my high school yearbook: some people's parents paid God-knows-how-much for a full page, others just had the regular photos. Very, very strange.

4 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Wait, they're selling the Brasher Doubloon Collection?! Why did nobody send me a telegram? 🧐

• Haha 3

I can barely figure out this thread. Is the OP question about grading a catalog of games that catalogs a grading company’s catalog of sales and pending auctions, who happen to be backlogged with their own catalog?

• Haha 2