IGNORED

Any Gameboy CONSOLE Collectors out there?

NeXmetal

I haven't met many Gameboy Console collectors on the forums over the years.

Most I've met were through instagram and facebook groups.

Hoping to find some like-minded collectors here on Sage 🙂

Here's some of my less common Japanese Gameboy Pockets!

Who else collects consoles out there? Let's see some sweet GBs!

gbps.jpg

Edited by NeXmetal
add tag
  • Like 1

That's a nice collection you got so far! Definitely would like to get into it especially collecting the Pokemon ones. Right now, just have a few of them, so nothing really special to show except for a Game Boy Pocket demo unit.

If you didn't know already, if you want to see a collection, @Jaxsbox is the guy. He has a HUUUGE Game Boy collection.

15 minutes ago, Skorp said:

That's a nice collection you got so far! Definitely would like to get into it especially collecting the Pokemon ones. Right now, just have a few of them, so nothing really special to show except for a Game Boy Pocket demo unit.

If you didn't know already, if you want to see a collection, @Jaxsbox is the guy. He has a HUUUGE Game Boy collection.

Oh I know Jax very well, we are friends amd our collections rival eachother as far as promos go. He probably has more than I do... I have more Gameboy Pockets (full cib set + promos and box variants), pic I posted is just a taste 😜 . 

I was actually just out at Portland Retro Gaming Expo with a couple of my GBs too 

20191019_111903.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fcgamer said:

While I don't specifically collect Game Boy consoles, I do collect any Taiwan versions that I find, ranging from b/w to GBA. I also have a few Taiwan-made Game Boy clones that I've collected and kept. After Famicom, Game Boy is my next favourite machine.

Yes, I bought a Fortune SY-3000B from you on NA - my first NA transaction! 

• Like 1

Gameboy (family) has been my thing for years.  Post-NA I did finally hit the dream of getting a GBC, good deal too, and it doesn't have paint or screen damage either so I attached an image of that for fun at least.

Currently I have for systems: GBA--Glacier, SP NES style, SP Graphite 101, SP Cobalt with 101 (both SPs are CIB), GB Micro Famicom, and GB Micro Black/Silver.  ON the GBC I've got just my Grape one but with the handheld legend backlit screen installed.  GB original/Pocket though I have quite a few: GB Light, GB P Silver CIB(launch), GBP Blue, a CIB DMG, loose DMG.

All those systems I've got some accessories for, but for the 8bit stuff even if it took the import I got the rechargeable battery packs for them with the ac adapter modules too.  I don't want to spam a lot of images.

gameboylight-silver1.jpeg

gameboy-dmg-01-complete.jpg

gameboyspnes-agb-001-gameboypocket-mgb-001-complete.JPG

gbmicroanniv.JPG

• Like 2

Well if you're fine with more here are 6 I just took the last half hour and took these real quick on the top of my table.  This about 95%+ of what I've got.  FFA is minty complete in there left it, anything with a box is complete, others just have manuals.  All that is my current library of games and accessories short a few power cables to recharge stuff, oem earphones, little things, and a GB Player.  I didn't want to pull it out, but that's all my guides and GB stuff is in there, didn't capture WC Prophecy which is a direct PC port which I have that guide (same with Doom 1 and 2 from the era.)

I lit up the GB Light to compare to the GBC I modded with the backlight and the 101 panel inside the cobalt SP.  The rest is stock.  The boxed DMG is spotless and complete as is the GBP too.  I also know from the first and only previous owner that Gameboy was a neglected gift that was lost since around 1990.  A Christmas gift a girl touched an hour or two, back to the box, and lost.  A bad listing mentioning it but not the box and contents well you know how that can go. 🙂  That, GBP, and the NES SP I keep in hobby plastic clear boxes the duplicates get use instead.

I've got an annoying hole or two the worst being Konami GB Collection Vol4 (UK-GBC) which drives me nuts.  I keep missing honest listings.  I've not added much for a long time to it other than recently I got that GBA Astroboy, Pinball of the Dead, Killer Instinct, and the two Duck Tales games (#1 arrived today.)  I'm happy where I am mostly on it and have an ez flash omega for GBA and an everdrive gb for gb/gbc.  I used to have probably triple the games.  The last shot is how I store them all, antique library card catalog.

Is this kind of what you were hoping for?

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

IMG_2554.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG