IGNORED

TV Series Debates #4 [60's Classics] - 'Get Smart', 'Gilligan's Island' & 'The Dick van Dyke Show'

RH

TV Series Debates #4 [60's Classics] - 'Get Smart', 'Gilligan's Island' & 'The Dick van Dyke Show'  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Get Smart

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 9/10 - Killer show. Everyone should watch it through at least once.
    • 8/10 - Great show and highly recommendable.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives than this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
    • Seen only an episode or two, but highly interested in seeing more.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never, or barely seen it, but have no intention of trying to watch this.
  2. 2. Gulligan's Island

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
  3. 3. The Dick van Dyke Show

• 3/10 - Not very good.

Gilligan's Island is the only one I've seen. It was alright. I guess I saw it on Nick at Nite? I've seen a bunch of 1960s shows growing up in the 90s/00s thinking about it. Do kids these days get random 80s and 90s sitcoms mixed in with their cartoon channels? I'd rather watch cartoons TBH.

9 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Gilligan's Island is the only one I've seen. It was alright. I guess I saw it on Nick at Nite? I've seen a bunch of 1960s shows growing up in the 90s/00s thinking about it. Do kids these days get random 80s and 90s sitcoms mixed in with their cartoon channels? I'd rather watch cartoons TBH.

Kids today don't watch "TV". The closest experience is all streaming, and even if it's a TV show, since it's on demand, you never get a chance to bump into old media. Progress is progress, but this is another great loss of technological advancement. As a kid, I never thought to look for old TV shows, but they were on and of all options, they were what I enjoyed. Kids today have an algorithm suggest everything to them and that's definitely going to be more, new cartoons or tween trash.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

The Munsters is clearly superior to the Addams family.  But the real question is Bewitched vs I dream of Jeanie.  

I Dream of Jeannie all day. 😏

Can't get enough, "As you wish, master." 🥰😍

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

After that it started to become more common and the code that covered (as it were) such things was finally abandoned in 1983.

I'm amazed that that lasted into the early 80s.  I definitely have memories of Daisy Duke's belly button...  Could've been later episodes I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm amazed that that lasted into the early 80s.  I definitely have memories of Daisy Duke's belly button...  Could've been later episodes I suppose. 

I think it was one of those deals where it became commonplace to ignore it and after a prolonged death spiral they finally put it out of its misery.

Edited by Tabonga

51 minutes ago, RH said:
1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Kids today don't watch "TV". The closest experience is all streaming, and even if it's a TV show, since it's on demand, you never get a chance to bump into old media. Progress is progress, but this is another great loss of technological advancement. As a kid, I never thought to look for old TV shows, but they were on and of all options, they were what I enjoyed. Kids today have an algorithm suggest everything to them and that's definitely going to be more, new cartoons or tween trash.

Back To The Future II "Predicts" Once Again.

Always thought Gilligan's Island would be good, but never seen.

Def. remember bumping into a LOT of old shows as a kid watching cartoons...

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Catherine Bach was wearing a bikini in the opening credits even in season one, so they were definitely not enforcing it too hard by then.

• Love 1