IGNORED

TV Series Debates #7 [70's Icons] - Charlie's Angels, M*A*S*H & Sanford and Son

RH

TV Series Debates #7 [70's Icons] - Charlie's Angels, M*A*S*H & Sanford and Son  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Charlie's Angels

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 9/10 - Killer show. Everyone should watch it through at least once.
    • 8/10 - Great show and highly recommendable.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives than this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
    • Seen only an episode or two, but highly interested in seeing more.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never, or barely seen it, but have no intention of trying to watch this.
  2. 2. M*A*S*H

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite TV series of all time. You've seen every episode, and most multiple times.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great. Worth enjoying but you don't have to go out of your way to watch the entire series.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy catching an episode or two in syndication.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'd ever consider to search out to watch.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 0/10 - So bad, watching this show hurts. If it were on in a waiting room and this was on the TV, you'd have to unplug the TV or leave.
  3. 3. Sanford And Son

• 3/10 - Not very good.

This Weeks TV Shows

Charlie's Angels

Air Dates: September 22, 1976 – June 24, 1981

Total Seasons: 5

Total Episodes: 115

Charliesangels.jpg

M*A*S*H

Air Dates: September 17, 1972 – February 28, 1983

Total Seasons: 11

Total Episodes: 256

M*A*S*H TV title screen.jpg

Sanford and Son

Air Dates: January 14, 1972 – March 25, 1977

Total Seasons: 6

Total Episodes: 136

Sanfordandsontitlecard.jpg

Charlie's Angels - attractive women, kind of piggybacking on a trend of 70s TV action, and the episodes started feeling samey after awhile, but not totally terrible.

M*A*S*H - that show went through a lot of changes, so it kind of depends on when we're talking about. The early episodes were trying to ape the movie, but it didn't have the movie's jet black humor. Later on it became more of a dramedy. Some episodes were surprisingly creative, with one being in real time, one taking place mostly in dreams, etc.

Sanford and Son - Redd Foxx chewed the scenery to bits, but it was pretty funny at times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Haven’t watched Charlie’s Angels.

Love some MASH.  Alan Alda is a beast. 9.

I always thought Sanford and Son was very entertaining you big dummy.

How dare you copy what I say before I even have a chance to say it! 😤 

• Haha 2

Oof, this is a rough week. I didn't want obscure stuff but I felt the 70's would be tough. These shows were iconic in their own right, but I'm not super familiar with the 70s and what was the biggest of biggest shows. Well, I knew MASH was a big deal, but nothing else.

Anyway, Never seen, seen a few episodes but I'd like to see more and a old 8 for Sanford and Son. I loved Sanford and Son when it was accessible. That's honestly all I can contribute.

Edited by RH

11 hours ago, RH said:

Oof, this is a rough week. I didn't want obscure stuff but I felt the 70's would be tough. These shows were iconic in their own right, but I'm not super familiar with the 70s and what was the biggest of biggest shows. Well, I knew MASH was a big deal, but nothing else.

Anyway, Never seen, seen a few episodes but I'd like to see more and a old 8 for Sanford and Son. I loved Sanford and Son when it was accessible. That's honestly all I can contribute.

*cough*AllInTheFamily*cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

*cough*AllInTheFamily*cough*

You know, I went with my gut from lists I found online.  If I'd seen All In the Family, I would have definitely added it.  I just didn't think about it.  I mean, Archie Bunker's armchair is in the Smithsonian, so it's definitely an important show.  Maybe on another poll in the future.

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted

Haven’t seen any Charlie’s Angels and no desire to watch. MASH is great. Sanford and Son is one of the funniest shows of all time. Redd Foxx faked so many heart attacks on the show, that when he had one in real life no one believed him, and sadly he passed away from it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Events Team · Posted

Def dig the Angels 😍 but will only catch it on occasion. Currently not on my streaming outlets but if it pops up on Prime I'll give it some proper attention. 7

MASH is a great 8.  I've likely seen most if not all of the episodes throughout my life.  Probably my dad's favorite sitcom.

S&S is about a 6.  I've caught it a few times and had a decent chuckle.

As a side note.  Id like to see a cycle of the decade themed rankings.  Not necessarily every week. But I feel there are some more iconic representations of each decade yet to be seen.  Not sure if that's your intent but it's a great way to organize the poll alongside other themes.

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

As a side note.  Id like to see a cycle of the decade themed rankings.  Not necessarily every week. But I feel there are some more iconic representations of each decade yet to be seen.  Not sure if that's your intent but it's a great way to organize the poll alongside other themes.

Yes, it kind of is. I started with the 60s and this is the cross section of the 70s, which is the decade I'm least familiar with. Also, there is a LOT of TV so it's hard to get everything. Also, since many shows can cross various genres, obvious ones may get missed one week because they will show up on a coming poll.

I only post 3 a week and I rotate on a 3 week pattern.