IGNORED

2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Break Week #1 Nonsense Thread

guillavoie

Events Team · Posted

Here's our place to talk about our break week feelings, the ups and downs of our everyday lives, our personal aspirations, hope for the future of a better world, and to debate the latest conspiracy theories that we all believe in.

Enjoy your break week everyone!

• Love 3

It is a long held belief by the Pienumatti that Oswald's bullet did not kill JFK. When the deadly projectile was close to striking him a lone Pecan Pie rose up and deflected the bullet. As a result, Kennedy's head exploded from the awesomeness of what he had just witnessed.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

Played some galaxy 5000 last night when quarth ended. Quite freeing taking off the weekly contest handcuffs and selecting a game to play just for the sake of playing. And telling. Looking at my shelves and the futuristic racer just jumped off. Also, galaxy 5000 is freaking awesome. If there is to be a side contest this week, thats my vote. 

With my free time, aside from casual galaxy 5000 runs, I plan to bet baseball nightly. I do that anyway, but Ill take it to a new level of degenerate this week with all my spare time

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
36 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Played some galaxy 5000 last night when quarth ended. Quite freeing taking off the weekly contest handcuffs and selecting a game to play just for the sake of playing. And telling. Looking at my shelves and the futuristic racer just jumped off. Also, galaxy 5000 is freaking awesome. If there is to be a side contest this week, thats my vote. 

With my free time, aside from casual galaxy 5000 runs, I plan to bet baseball nightly. I do that anyway, but Ill take it to a new level of degenerate this week with all my spare time

Totally love Galaxy 5000, I actually feel quite dumb right for not making a contest out of it in all these years. It could work great with the money + spaceship as a high score. I'll need to give this game a go whenever I finish my Shining Force CD campaign.

• Like 1

Offweek update: slowly getting my galaxy 5000 groove back. Degen baseball activity going well early. Hoping for some runs in the late games, just for entertainment purposes. More than 7 in giants game and more than 8.5 in dbacks would make for some interesting watches

20210510_203113.jpg

• Like 2

I started playing Fight’n Rage a couple of weeks ago and it has been sucking up what remains of my free time. Absolutely killer tribute to retro beat em ups and extremely addictive.

The only problem is that I am old now and games like this destroy my hands. A friend game me a firm handshake this weekend and I swear I almost screamed.

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

galaxy 5000 is aight.

danny sullivan is the best top down racer on the nes imo.

Damn, thats a bold statement. I have danny on a shelf somewhere, but never put any time in. Ill have to give it a shot tonight because NES top down racers include many of my favorite games. Pro Am 2 is still my favorite, but theres a good argument galaxy 5000 is more well done and/or an improvement on that in a lot of ways. 

@mbd39 micro machines is definitely on the shortlist. There was a time I would have said its #1. Maybe Im just bitter that I cant beat the goddamn thing. 

4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Damn, thats a bold statement. I have danny on a shelf somewhere, but never put any time in. Ill have to give it a shot tonight because NES top down racers include many of my favorite games. Pro Am 2 is still my favorite, but theres a good argument galaxy 5000 is more well done and/or an improvement on that in a lot of ways. 

@mbd39 micro machines is definitely on the shortlist. There was a time I would have said its #1. Maybe Im just bitter that I cant beat the goddamn thing. 

i forgot about rc pro am 1 and 2 but ill still put indy heat atop because i dont care for the follow view. i like to see the whole track.

@mbd39 i didnt include micro machines or super sprint because....ya know...there like knock off tender tapes.

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i forgot about rc pro am 1 and 2 but ill still put indy heat atop because i dont care for the follow view. i like to see the whole track.

@mbd39 i didnt include micro machines or super sprint because....ya know...there like knock off tender tapes.

With the general hatred I usually see for top down racers, funny to see a criticism of the pro am games for not being top down enough. The overhead view is cool and different, but generally like the follow view. The overhead games make me want to be in an arcade playing super off road. Those machines were badass. 

Also, danny sullivan is actually quite badass. Im really surprised I didnt get into this whenever I bought it. Nice call

20210511_220056.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1