IGNORED

GoodWill Auctions - Laser Active Control Pack PAC-S10 (SOLD - $326.88)

Social Team · Posted

I'm too poor to try and get this AND the laser disc player needed for it to function.  Figure I'd let the community know so they can snag a deal on it 😉

Auction ends on 4/26/2021 5:19:00 PM Pacific Time

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/120058921

89422751911395DanC.JPG

66755861911397DanC.JPG

Edited by FireHazard51
updated the sold price
  • Wow! 2

Social Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Hmm, i may have to look into this. LD bug bit me lately. These are basically guaranteed to need a cap job at this point right?

If I did win it I'd be opening it up and likely replacing the caps.  Kits are easy enough to find on ebay.

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Shop Goodwill... so I look forward to checking this auction in 5 days and it's somehow going for $16,000.

I rationalize the prices they get as shady business owners and rich collectors marking the “Goodwill” item on their bank statement as a tax deduction.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to GoodWill Auctions - Laser Active Control Pack PAC-S10 (SOLD - $326.88)

I won this, going to pick it up saturday. I have no idea if this was a good deal or not but I feel ok with it given the controller and box are included. I tried pricing against ebay but most of the modules i could find are megadrive units. guess i need to find a laseractive now 🙂

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

I won this, going to pick it up saturday. I have no idea if this was a good deal or not but I feel ok with it given the controller and box are included. I tried pricing against ebay but most of the modules i could find are megadrive units. guess i need to find a laseractive now 🙂

The two sega pacs are much more common than the two turbo ones.  One piece for the laseractive that is really hard to find is the port cover (which covers the pac bay when there is no pac in the unit).

21 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

it's a great deal. although, i'm not sure i would buy one by itself since the laseractive goes for at least 1k last time i checked, so they're probably even more expensive now.

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Lincoln said:

Nice!  Glad someone from here got it.  I know it will be cared for and nice treasure piece for someone's collection even if not usable (missing laser disc player).  BUT! I have faith you'll find one.  The fact that it plays multiple systems including some rare ones means it's a awesome piece to strive to get.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lincoln said:

Well the word "Nintendo" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging, so that saved you probably about fifty thousand dollars...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2