IGNORED

UFO’s are a topic in the news again

phart010

I don't believe in aliens but I have one UFO story.

After graduating college, I moved back home in Columbia, SC for about a year and got a job in the area. One day driving home from work, I noticed a VERY bright light in the sky. It was hard to tell just how high it was but considering I was on the interstate going 60-70, and the object didn't look like it was moving at all, I guess it might have been the altitude of a standard flight vehicle of 20-30k feet.

Anyway, it was so unusual, I kept looking up and staring at it trying to figure out what it could be. I stared at it for easily 2-3 minutes. Then, boom, it shot of faster than anything I'd ever seen and streaked across the sky heading west.

I've never seen anything like that in my life. I want to believe it was some weird light-ray formation or something, but I just can't figure out how something brighter than any star I'd ever seen could sit so still in the sky for so long to then immediately shoot off at what seemed like an impossible speed. There was no ramp up in acceleration. It was still and then, boom, gone in a second having shot off farther than I could see.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phart010 said:

Hey just curious did you ever take a picture of a ufo only to get a distorted image....

I took a picture of it with my old school digital camera, that was the last picture I ever took with that camera as it stopped working after I took the picture.

I always wondered it it were just a coincidence that my camera just stopped working after taking that picture or if it were actually caused to stop working by the thing I took a picture of.

You're the third person I've heard claim "Took a picture of UFO, camera
broke." 
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the funky thingies are able to dick
around with electronics to some degree, just like they do in spooky
movies.
Luckily I've never had a camera break, but there was one particular time
I had a few pictures that came out a bit glitched with an unusual
horizontal line pattern all through the image.
Most UFOs I've seen are relatively tiny; they're squirrelly little buggers
and it's hard to get the camera to focus right. 

saddasdaassd.jpg

Edited by galacticlint
Choosy moms choose Jiff

Editorials Team · Posted

So these aliens/extra dimensional beings float around in broad daylight for any yokel to spot with their naked eye, but have the technology to detect any mechanical device that is capturing the light rays that have already bounced off of them, and then does _________ to their circuits?

They must be some expert-level trolls with a wicked sense of humor.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, galacticlint said:

You're the third person I've heard claim "Took a picture of UFO, camera
broke." 
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the funky thingies are able to dick
around with electronics to some degree, just like they do in spooky
movies.
Luckily I've never had a camera break, but there was one particular time
I had a few pictures that came out a bit glitched with an unusual
horizontal line pattern all through the image.
Most UFOs I've seen are relatively tiny; they're squirrelly little buggers
and it's hard to get the camera to focus right. 

saddasdaassd.jpg

I looked around for that photo last night, didn’t find it.. it’s here somewhere though, I’ll find it if I clean up. The distortion on mine looked like a grey colored honeycomb grid pattern. 

I still have the camera, I wish Ben Heck or someone like that would take a look at it to determine the mode of failure. If it was the military, I’m suing them in small claims court 😂

28 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

So these aliens/extra dimensional beings float around in broad daylight for any yokel to spot with their naked eye, but have the technology to detect any mechanical device that is capturing the light rays that have already bounced off of them, and then does _________ to their circuits?

They must be some expert-level trolls with a wicked sense of humor.

In my case it was probably around 10PM late at night, and I had taken a picture with flash on. So assuming the thing did cause the camera to break, it would have seen the flash. If I find that photo, it may give clues to what caused the camera to break, maybe other people got the same kind of distorted image while taking their last photo before a camera failure.

Im not insisting that the thing I took a photo of caused the camera to break, it could have been a coincidence. Nor am I insisting aliens, this was in Virginia Beach, we have a base for pretty much every branch of the military within 50 miles

I know it all sounds crazy. Ten years back I would not have believed anyone telling me about UFOs.

And the camera breaking thing could very well just be coincidences, I'm not going to rule out that possibility.

Just keep your eyes open, and stay curious.

CIMG3813.JPG

Edited by galacticlint
Choosy. Moms. Choose. JIFF!!! :D
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Nor am I insisting aliens, this was in Virginia Beach, we have a base for pretty much every branch of the military within 50 miles

I meant to mention about the same with my story. Near Columbia is Fort Jackson and McIntyre ANG base (which is a major air base) and about 20 miles from there is Shaw AFB, which is another major military base.

1 hour ago, galacticlint said:

I know it all sounds crazy. Ten years back I would not have believed anyone telling me about UFOs.

And the camera breaking thing could very well just be coincidences, I'm not going to rule out that possibility.

Just keep your eyes open, and stay curious.

CIMG3813.JPG

What am I supposed to be looking at?

We live in a world where you can buy a toy drone with a dozen sensors to fly autonomously without collisions controlled simply by waving your hand around for $19.99

I suspect that what they called “aliens” in the ‘50s were just sophisticated drones.

I do not believe in little green men. No reason to stop by some backwater solar system, with a civilization that barely even landed visited their giant natural moon.

Only thing earth has that other planets don’t are lunar eclipses....and if there’s no other life out there, then I guess add life to that short list.

Maybe there’s some space amoebas out there though. Who knows.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe this is secret governmental tech, and I definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility that China (maybe, but doubtful Russia) could have also stolen some of our tech and greatly improved it.

I know this seems impossible, but on another forum I shared this anecdote this weekend.  I have an uncle who is truly a remarkable genius.  In the early-70s, he was accepted into Georgia Tech but since he was poor and educational scholarships were not a thing back then, he had to drop out and he joined the Navy to get in their nuclear research program.  The guy flew threw all of the exams in the field, studied his tail off and ended up having the chops to work and research in some of the most advanced and classified areas of nuclear research in the late-70s.

Eventually he left the military in the early 80s and took a civilian job working in the nuclear power industry.  A few years ago at Thanksgiving I was talking to him rather candidly about his work and his military past.  There was a lot he obviously couldn't say, legally, but one of the things he expressed is that while in the military he had learned of and was well aware of many advanced approaches to generating even more efficient nuclear power from standard, commercial reactors. In the early 70s, he was learning about the tech that had already developed in the 60s and were using then.  However, to date, the modern nuclear industry had still not caught up with the capabilities of the US government in the 60s.  This was a point of frustration for him in the conversation because every day at work, he was never at liberty to say anything, to anyone, regarding ways to make better nuclear reactors.  It was like knowing how to make an iPad, but having to go into work and continue to work with 8086s!

Now, I know that's about nuclear power but consider that it's probably not the highest of priorities for ground breaking tech, but also considering that my uncles military knowledge was over 40 years old!  I have no doubt the US government has some radical, hyper-advanced technology for propulsion and other tech that's important to national security.  This information gets out but it's often many, many decades after it was discovered.  IMHO, it would NOT surprise me if nuclear fusion was achieved decades ago and is viable. We just won't learn about it for another 30-50 years.  Now imagine what they might be able to do if they've kept other truly remarkable discoveries 100% secret.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RH said:

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe this is secret governmental tech, and I definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility that China (maybe, but doubtful Russia) could have also stolen some of our tech and greatly improved it.

I know this seems impossible, but on another forum I shared this anecdote this weekend.  I have an uncle who is truly a remarkable genius.  In the early-70s, he was accepted into Georgia Tech but since he was poor and educational scholarships were not a thing back then, he had to drop out and he joined the Navy to get in their nuclear research program.  The guy flew threw all of the exams in the field, studied his tail off and ended up having the chops to work and research in some of the most advanced and classified areas of nuclear research in the late-70s.

Eventually he left the military in the early 80s and took a civilian job working in the nuclear power industry.  A few years ago at Thanksgiving I was talking to him rather candidly about his work and his military past.  There was a lot he obviously couldn't say, legally, but one of the things he expressed is that while in the military he had learned of and was well aware of many advanced approaches to generating even more efficient nuclear power from standard, commercial reactors. In the early 70s, he was learning about the tech that had already developed in the 60s and were using then.  However, to date, the modern nuclear industry had still not caught up with the capabilities of the US government in the 60s.  This was a point of frustration for him in the conversation because every day at work, he was never at liberty to say anything, to anyone, regarding ways to make better nuclear reactors.  It was like knowing how to make an iPad, but having to go into work and continue to work with 8086s!

Now, I know that's about nuclear power but consider that it's probably not the highest of priorities for ground breaking tech, but also considering that my uncles military knowledge was over 40 years old!  I have no doubt the US government has some radical, hyper-advanced technology for propulsion and other tech that's important to national security.  This information gets out but it's often many, many decades after it was discovered.  IMHO, it would NOT surprise me if nuclear fusion was achieved decades ago and is viable. We just won't learn about it for another 30-50 years.  Now imagine what they might be able to do if they've kept other truly remarkable discoveries 100% secret.

Assuming this is top secret US technology, do you think all of the members of the Senate can be trusted with this knowledge? Would they use this privileged info to pull a political stunt to boost their reputation at the expense of National security.

I wonder if they will let us get a glimpse of what is known, if they’ll disclose any new information, or if they’ll just say “yeah it’s our tech, nothing to see here”

24 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Assuming this is top secret US technology, do you think all of the members of the Senate can be trusted with this knowledge? Would they use this privileged info to pull a political stunt to boost their reputation at the expense of National security.

I wonder if they will let us get a glimpse of what is known, if they’ll disclose any new information, or if they’ll just say “yeah it’s our tech, nothing to see here”

I have no clue how some of that stuff works internally, and we can realistically only speculate but the fact is, 100 US senators do not have access to America's top secrets.  It's probably more like 10-16, and they serve on the committees that relate to defense and funding.

Regardless, those committees are still subject to congressional law and if a bill is passed stating that certain info must be declassified, it has to be declassified.  The "game", however, that can be played is that it's hard to declare in a bill that certain info must be declassified if you don't already know what it is.  Capital Hill is a big game, though, and though there is the "left" and the "right" both sides are packed with people that get a thrill out of being in control. 

I think they love having secrets and revel in knowing that they know information that so few people in the US could even dream about.  Those senators aren't going to give up to much voluntarily because it's too "fun" to keep America in the dark and to govern great scientific and military secrets. At least, that's my opinion.

So, I don't know what's going to be released in June.  I think we will learn a little bit more but not a lot.  It will likely be disappointing in scope.  The US government is not going to reveal anything that makes us look weak, in danger, incompetent and certainly anything that could be to our advantage if it remained a secret.

17 minutes ago, RH said:

I have no clue how some of that stuff works internally, and we can realistically only speculate but the fact is, 100 US senators do not have access to America's top secrets.  It's probably more like 10-16, and they serve on the committees that relate to defense and funding.

Regardless, those committees are still subject to congressional law and if a bill is passed stating that certain info must be declassified, it has to be declassified.  The "game", however, that can be played is that it's hard to declare in a bill that certain info must be declassified if you don't already know what it is.  Capital Hill is a big game, though, and though there is the "left" and the "right" both sides are packed with people that get a thrill out of being in control. 

I think they love having secrets and revel in knowing that they know information that so few people in the US could even dream about.  Those senators aren't going to give up to much voluntarily because it's too "fun" to keep America in the dark and to govern great scientific and military secrets. At least, that's my opinion.

So, I don't know what's going to be released in June.  I think we will learn a little bit more but not a lot.  It will likely be disappointing in scope.  The US government is not going to reveal anything that makes us look weak, in danger, incompetent and certainly anything that could be to our advantage if it remained a secret.

Maybe the report is just a power play from Marco Rubio so he can be like “see I strongarmed the Pentagon and got them to declassify information on UFO’s. Bush, Obama and not even Trump were able to do this!”

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Maybe the report is just a power play from Marco Rubio so he can be like “see I strongarmed the Pentagon and got them to declassify information on UFO’s. Bush, Obama and not even Trump were able to do this!”

Bingo. It will probably get him a spot on Fox news, which is all Republicans want nowadays. 

I’m beginning to open my mind to the possibility of alien technology.

Either highly intelligent extraterrestrial life is real, and here in our boring-ass backwater solar system... or some country (possibly even us) has technology that is “100 to 1000 years more advanced than current scientific understanding” and is keeping it secret in the name of combat superiority.

Either way. Big stuff is definitely going on.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d say the fact that private citizens now have the capability to reach the cosmos is giving the US Government reason to “leak” these videos...it’s no longer possible to keep it under wraps (IF aliens are real)

9 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I’m beginning to open my mind to the possibility of alien technology.

Either highly intelligent extraterrestrial life is real, and here in our boring-ass backwater solar system... or some country (possibly even us) has technology that is “100 to 1000 years more advanced than current scientific understanding” and is keeping it secret in the name of combat superiority.

Either way. Big stuff is definitely going on.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I’d say the fact that private citizens now have the capability to reach the cosmos is giving the US Government reason to “leak” these videos...it’s no longer possible to keep it under wraps (IF aliens are real)

What did Obama’s body language tell you during that video?

11 minutes ago, phart010 said:

What did Obama’s body language tell you during that video?

It told me that he was trying to figure out a way to suppress his answer as vaguely as possible while still feeding everyone what they want to hear.

Politicians are career liars, they study body language the way we study Nintendo variants...they’re on a whole different level and use their body language as an actual second means of communication.

Honestly, I don’t know what to think of it all.

• Like 1

UFOs =/= Aliens

Not that there is any good explanation otherwise for what all these people have seen or what we apparently recorded, but Occam's Razor and all that.

I'm with @RHmostly, though I don't think it is probably another government; there would be more of a paper trail and/or more people out there that have slipped up something.

I'd put my money one some private company and/or individuals developed something crazy and just haven't been found out yet. They say on 60 minutes that it's been "daily for a few years now"? Which would suggest to me it's not all that old necessarily. That's where my mind is at currently.

I hope maybe we'll find out more in a month when that big D.O.D. report is being released to the public.