IGNORED

Found a 5 screw R.C. Pro AM

I don't have explicit permission to share a photo one of the other boards, but the board photo I have is a NES-SEROM-02, the PRG, CHR, and MMC1A all have a date code of 8838 and the lockout chip has a date code of 8837.

This is roughly september 12 - september 25.

@Funky_brewsta Your photos have the same MMC1A and lockout chip but your PRG and CHR are of a different manufacturer and date code format. your PRG is 8H5 (1988 August Week 5) has a range of August 28-31, and your CHR is 8J1 (1988 September Week 1) has a range of September 1-3.

Seems they're in line 😐

• Love 1

2 hours ago, VideoGameGradersLLC said:

Do people think someone would make a 5 screw fake of RC Pro-Am for $6? Or best offer...  🙂

It's obviously not "fake" as in made by an after-market hobbyist; the question is whether or not it was made at the very tail-end of Nintendo's original 5-screw manufacturing line.  There are many non-conforming 5-screw carts out there, most of them being Ultra/Konami games, and I'd love to have them all, including the title in question in this thread, but they fall into a different category than "official 5-screw variant" in my estimation.  Maybe they're factory-refurbished carts, maybe someone in some plant somewhere found a box of unused 5-screw cases and threw them in the line at some random point in time to use them up, or maybe there is some other reason at play, but whatever the case, Pro-Am is clearly on the side of being a one-off and should not be counted on the list of official 5-screw variants for games released prior to 1988.  So, in that sense, it is a "fake" 5-screw variant... 😛

• Like 1