IGNORED

What system have you always wanted to collect for (but never did)?

On 11/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, Neo Geo strong said:

Atari Jaguar, I really like the version of wolfenstein the jag got. Especially that the soilders shout ACHTUNG instead of halt or stop. Also the game looks like it runs faster then the pc version. 

However i only want like 4 of the games so I can’t justify it.

You would be supper happy with the 3DO's version of Wolfenstein then!

Now one system I always wanted to collect for is the Atari Lynx. I got a Lynx II when I was 10 or 11 and it came with a magazine/catalogue that showed all the cool games the Lynx had and I'd read that through and through non-stop and it kept the dream alive even to this day. I still have the magazine.

Fun fact: I actually have a dozen Atari Lynx games on my shelf, but it's not like I go out looking for them. I only have the ones that came to me naturally somehow. Hell I don't even have a console to play them on. The damned thing just goes for too much money, and it's close to worthless without some costly mods. Eh well.

Vectrex. I want to find one in the wild so bad since I'm scared of it being shipped. I stopped by a McKay's one afternoon and barely missed one by roughly 30 minutes. Heart breaker 'cause even if it was overpriced, if the condition was there and since it was local, I would've done it. 

I'll get one eventually. Maybe I'll even get over my whole "shipping Vectrex" phobia, we'll see. 

28 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Vectrex. I want to find one in the wild so bad since I'm scared of it being shipped. I stopped by a McKay's one afternoon and barely missed one by roughly 30 minutes. Heart breaker 'cause even if it was overpriced, if the condition was there and since it was local, I would've done it. 

I'll get one eventually. Maybe I'll even get over my whole "shipping Vectrex" phobia, we'll see. 

Are you located in Tennessee?  I got some Sega Pico games from the Knoxville McKay’s about 6 months ago.  

5 minutes ago, Lago said:

Are you located in Tennessee?  I got some Sega Pico games from the Knoxville McKay’s about 6 months ago.  

Yep, I'm in TN. Though my particular McKay's is grossly overpriced and not worth going to anymore. I go once a year maybe since I have a few friends that still enjoy it for their movies. I hear the Knoxville one is better. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:02 AM, Nintegageo said:

I believe SNK to be now owned by a Chinese company, so they might even be 'licensed' consoles - admittedly am not sure about these as I haven't purchased one.

Yes they were bought out a few years ago by a Chinese group, and they've also been re-hiring quite a few original 90s SNK staff people worship so much online for certain franchises (SS, KOF, Metal Slug, etc.)  But what I'm talking about is just random backalley aliexpress stuff.  Enterprising HK groups are taking legit old boards working or not(and fixing) then encasing them with the needed goods to work on a modern TV at a very fair price.

Events Team · Posted

Definitely Sega Saturn for me, I really like the Shining Force games on Genesis but have never touched Shining Force III yet. The only Sega Saturn game I really played through is Shining the Holy Ark, which I half-ass emulated 10 years ago just after beating Shining in the Darkness (that makes a lot of 'shining' in two sentences).