IGNORED

It's tax season!

Tulpa

Anyone file yet?

Any gripes?

Any news?

Anyone owe? Anyone getting a fat refund that they'll blow on hookers and cartridges?

P.S., anyone who posts that "Simpsons Homer files his taxes" clip (or any other Simpsons tax clip) smells their own farts.

Edited by Tulpa

I'll probably do my taxes this weekend.  It's normally not that big of a deal for me, but this year might be interesting.  My normal office is in one state (and my state withholding goes to that state), but since I worked from home most of the year, I was supposed to have withholding from my home state.  My work never bothered to fix it so I will have to figure that out.  

This year is gonna be a pain in the ass for me. Worked in GA as a TX resident while serving in the Army, wife worked in GA as a GA resident, got out of the Army, had a baby, moved to NC, now I work in SC and wife works in NC, hired a nanny, bought and sold a house, took an IRA distribution, and recharacterized an IRA contribution. Still waiting on W2s and other tax docs, of course.

So yeah... I'm gonna be hiring a CPA this year.

Edited by DoctorEncore

I am ready to file, but can't do e-filing until February 12???  Man, I am getting a huge return and just want to file NOW!!!

Got to claim the 4th child we had last year right before the pandemic hit the US (literally, the first week in March he was born was the last week of normalcy), so getting his stimulus money along with the big return.

I work in programming at a bigger tax software company. How ours does it is you can file already, we just stockpile the returns until they open. But the IRS does pull quite a few early for testing, so its entirely possible to have your return already accepted.  Lots of changes and last minute additions this year because the cares act and stimulus payments. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Mine are done just waiting till the first week in February to file in case anything random trickles in. No games this year wife wanted a new kitchen table and I’m thinking of getting an OLED for my PS5 and series X. LG CX 65 for those curious.

Man, I got a 65" LG E6 in 2016 and it is as close to life-changing as a TV can be. And of course the new TVs are significantly better than my 5 year old one. Enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, Gutling said:

I work in programming at a bigger tax software company. How ours does it is you can file already, we just stockpile the returns until they open. But the IRS does pull quite a few early for testing, so its entirely possible to have your return already accepted.  Lots of changes and last minute additions this year because the cares act and stimulus payments. 

My dad is a retired CPA and he does our taxes.  I will let him know that he may be able to send it forward with e-filing?  I am not sure if I want to be in the "beta batch" though.  I don't want them screwing up my return or my new kid's stimulus!