IGNORED

Any other Bills fans in here?

SilverspoonGaming

I have been a die hard Bills fan my whole life, and this year had been crazy.  My life has been filled with disappointment over and over when the Bills are the laughing stock of the league, but I have never been so happy to be a Bills Mafia member.  Are there any other Mafia members on the Sage?

PS: If the Bills do win the Super Bowl, Im gonna hate all of the bandwagon fans that jump aboard afterwards.  Those ppl should be shot.  Just my two cents.

Bills Mafia.jpg

• Wow! 1

Ooooh, I had already said in another topic how I'm into reading my local newspaper archive from 30 years ago (you know, Back to the Future?) and not only have I been reading about Operation Desert Storm...but also the upcoming first ever Bills Super Bowl...which sadly featured one of the most infamous goats in all of sports history...no not the new kind of GOAT (Greatest of All Time), the old/traditional definition of a goat in sports... 😞 

peanuts.gif

PS: IIRC though, in this "goat's" defense, wasn't he one of the main reasons the Bills got to the Super Bowl that year in the first place?

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Browns fan here.  I think most of us are pulling for you guys.  I’m hoping for a Bills - GB super bowl.  Definitely feel you on finally being good after being the laughing stock for so long.

Wow you guys squeaked into the playoffs and yet came VERY close to knocking out the defending champion Chefs to meet the Bills for a Super Bowl trip!  Considering what your 1999-present franchise history has been like so far you guys should consider that a HUGE feather in your cap, eh helmet.

Meanwhile, my beloved alma mater (different sport but still) is in VERY real danger of having its first losing season since the infamous 1989 "Kentucky's Shame" season 😞  So now we know what's it's like to have to wear paper sacks on our heads... 😞   As if having do to that during the Gillespie Administration wasn't bad enough... 😞 

27 minutes ago, Estil said:

Wow you guys squeaked into the playoffs and yet came VERY close to knocking out the defending champion Chefs to meet the Bills for a Super Bowl trip!  Considering what your 1999-present franchise history has been like so far you guys should consider that a HUGE feather in your cap, eh helmet.

Ahem.  Baltimore squeaked in.  We were hobbled by Covid we most likely got from those diseased freaks.

7 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@Estil Fans of teams that have won a 'chip remotely recently do not get to complain

Okay well how about this...the team that clobbered the Bills in their last two Super Bowls, you know, "America's Team"?  They haven't made even ONE "Final Four"/NFC championship game appearance since 1995.  Oh well at least they still got their cool theme song! 😄   And Lucy Ewing was such a little cutie wasn't she? 🙂 

PS: Can you guys tell any real difference between JR Ewing and Jerry Jones?  Because I sure can't...except maybe that Jerry didn't really wear cowboy hats...

Edited by Estil

4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I'm a giants fan, but I'm rooting for the Bills to win it all. 

I also just found out that you guys in 2007 denying the Patriots (my wife's team; hey she's originally from Greater Boston give her a break!) their running the table quest wasn't the first time you guys successfully played the spoiler role!  To get to the 1990 Super Bowl XXV, you had to beat the 49ers at San Francisco who were looking to three peat as champs!

Somehow I don't think my wife will have any more Super Bowl parties anytime soon...well at least ones she'd actually have a vested interest in the outcome 😛 

Edited by Estil
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Estil said:

Ooooh, I had already said in another topic how I'm into reading my local newspaper archive from 30 years ago (you know, Back to the Future?) and not only have I been reading about Operation Desert Storm...but also the upcoming first ever Bills Super Bowl...which sadly featured one of the most infamous goats in all of sports history...no not the new kind of GOAT (Greatest of All Time), the old/traditional definition of a goat in sports... 😞 

peanuts.gif

PS: IIRC though, in this "goat's" defense, wasn't he one of the main reasons the Bills got to the Super Bowl that year in the first place?

The city loves Norwood, but I dont.  I was a big Steve Christie fan that came in right after him.  He was lights out.

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Oh well.

Chiefs in their 2nd (of what will be 10) consecutive Super Bowls.  The new Patriots.  Gross.

I think it's kind of fitting that they're facing off against Brady. 😛

I was perversely pulling for Washington. I wanted to see a team called "Football Team" win it all with a 7-9 regular season record.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I think it's kind of fitting that they're facing off against Brady. 😛

I was perversely pulling for Washington. I wanted to see a team called "Football Team" win it all with a 7-9 regular season record.

I was thinking the same I would have really liked to see the NFL have to advertise the Washington Football Team for the Super Bowl also would have been great to see that for an Alex Smith comeback 

2 hours ago, Broken Kevin said:

I was thinking the same I would have really liked to see the NFL have to advertise the Washington Football Team for the Super Bowl also would have been great to see that for an Alex Smith comeback 

Whatever new name they come up with I hope it's not something cliche like RedHawks or Warriors...and in the name of all the Super Best Friends pleeeeeeeez don't name them the Generals!!!!!! >_<

Big fan for a long time of the bills, while I am disappointed with the result I think real progress was made this year.  I think the pieces are there to build around.  They just didn’t have an answer for Kelce + Hill so even with the conservative play calling on 4th down it wasn’t going to matter, KC is in a class of their own, just not sure what can be done in the off season to close the gap. But if you told me bills were going to AFC title game before the season I would have signed up for that.  Go bills! 

• Like 1