IGNORED

WTB Mega Man 6 Capcom NES-G6-USA Nes Variant...willing to buy or trade for it...it does not have to be cib and can be in any condition

Hollywoodcaddy

I am willing to buy this mega man 6 variant but in my experience most collectors like me want to trade so we aren't really losing a game out of the collection...either way is fine for me this time...I'm very serious about finding and acquiring this mega man 6 variant so any help or any leads would be very much appreciated...thank all of you...you've all been so much nicer and been more helpful then anywhere else I have looked...a lot of class in here...I mean that...have a good one everybody!!!

Edited by Hollywoodcaddy
I messed up the title

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Good luck indeed. I consider that variant the white whale of the NES collecting community and there are probably at least 40 people here who are also looking. I'd pay a hefty sum for a cib copy, although probably not as much as it would fetch on heritage.

Last I heard there's never technically been a cib copy found. Maybe thats changed, its been a while. I know there was a guy on NA that had a sealed one

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Last I heard there's never technically been a cib copy found. Maybe thats changed, its been a while. I know there was a guy on NA that had a sealed one

I've seen a couple CIB. It's a legit variant.

uc.png.e148e180a8276da60dc32e2b7922544e.png

asd.JPG.469d4a0be3e9bf9b71e6c500348ea780.JPG

444EA8BF-992C-1BE8-0AA7C61BE1C867AA.png.30223cf4ac6d04a57a5cd80315d9775a.png

Untitled.jpg.453bb672e0e63e1667ca4503b03989f9.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BortLicensePlate said:

There is a sealed copy owned by a member here and I've seen a manual. I've never seen a CIB copy or a lone box though.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to WTB Mega Man 6 Capcom NES-G6-USA Nes Variant...willing to buy or trade for it...it does not have to be cib

Hey guys...you have been awesome...your levels of knowledge are quite amazing...I know coming in here as a new guy and asking about such a rare variant may rub a few people the wrong way since this seems like a tight knit community where a lot of you have known each other for quite a while...let me say again you guys have been great...very classy, very helpful!!! I know searching for this mega man 6 variant is going to be beyond tough but if you never ask out the prom queen then your chances of dating the prom queen is 0 😁

• Like 1

Honestly I would just try to get a cart and call it good. As a diehard Mega Man fan,I have seen maybe a dozen or so of these carts but never a cib copy,only the sealed copy that a member on here has. I would probably chop off my penis to acquire it but it’s definitely not changing hands likely ever. He also has a manual which that one is probably worth a right or left testicle...maybe both. Again,it’s not changing hands much to my dismay.

There is a site called Mercado Libre which is like a central/South American/Latin oriented eBay that I used to frequent and I would see those carts pop up from time to time,but once people realized what those carts were and they started fetching good coin on eBay,those carts basically vanished off of that site. Most of the carts had moderate wear on them as well.

Anyway,best of luck to you!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gutsman004 said:

Honestly I would just try to get a cart and call it good. As a diehard Mega Man fan,I have seen maybe a dozen or so of these carts but never a cib copy,only the sealed copy that a member on here has. I would probably chop off my penis to acquire it but it’s definitely not changing hands likely ever. He also has a manual which that one is probably worth a right or left testicle...maybe both. Again,it’s not changing hands much to my dismay.

There is a site called Mercado Libre which is like a central/South American/Latin oriented eBay that I used to frequent and I would see those carts pop up from time to time,but once people realized what those carts were and they started fetching good coin on eBay,those carts basically vanished off of that site. Most of the carts had moderate wear on them as well.

All I want is the cart haha...if I have to get it cib then so be it, i will...but yeah...i mainly just need the cart...any condition is fine with me, it doesn't have to be in perfect condition...any condition will work for me...just getting someone that has one to speak up is the hardest part of all of this...

• Like 1

Just now, Hollywoodcaddy said:

All I want is the cart haha...if I have to get it cib then so be it, i will...but yeah...i mainly just need the cart...any condition is fine with me, it doesn't have to be in perfect condition...any condition will work for me...just getting someone that has one to speak up is the hardest part of all of this...

And if you have one....even if you dont want to sell it...I have some questions haha 😁

On 1/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, Hollywoodcaddy said:

And if you have one....even if you dont want to sell it...I have some questions haha 😁

• The title was changed to WTB Mega Man 6 Capcom NES-G6-USA Nes Variant...willing to buy or trade for it...it does not have to be cib and can be in any condition
On 1/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

You might want to change the code in your title to NES-G6-USA.

Good luck with your search.  I've been collecting since '99, and I've never seen one in person...

On 1/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Good luck indeed. I consider that variant the white whale of the NES collecting community and there are probably at least 40 people here who are also looking. I'd pay a hefty sum for a cib copy, although probably not as much as it would fetch on heritage.

On 1/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, BortLicensePlate said:

On 1/10/2021 at 6:20 PM, ThePhleo said:

I've seen a couple CIB. It's a legit variant.

uc.png.e148e180a8276da60dc32e2b7922544e.png

asd.JPG.469d4a0be3e9bf9b71e6c500348ea780.JPG

444EA8BF-992C-1BE8-0AA7C61BE1C867AA.png.30223cf4ac6d04a57a5cd80315d9775a.png

Untitled.jpg.453bb672e0e63e1667ca4503b03989f9.jpg

On 1/15/2021 at 1:54 AM, Code Monkey said:

Not if she asks you.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:15 AM, gutsman004 said:

is there any confirmed sales of this from the united states?

i had a chance at one a few years ago on na a guy was selling a couple. from south america. 

it seems every time i hear about one its from south america

44 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i had a chance at one a few years ago on na a guy was selling a couple. from south america. 

It could be similar to F2 in that they used the exact same -USA cart fronts and then used region specific cart backs to sell them in South America, in which case you could just swap the back to a late era North American one for a fully 'Murican non-1 Mega Man 6 cart.  I don't know if I should be revealing this, but that's what you can do with South American F2 carts, and I'm sure a lot of the ones floating around in American collector's hands right now weren't even actually released up here, and the owners don't even know it...

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

The South American variants are Playtronic which have been mentioned here a few times already. They're not worth as much as the USA released (or not released) non-Playtronic versions.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It could be similar to F2 in that they used the exact same -USA cart fronts and then used region specific cart backs to sell them in South America, in which case you could just swap the back to a late era North American one for a fully 'Murican non-1 Mega Man 6 cart.  I don't know if I should be revealing this, but that's what you can do with South American F2 carts, and I'm sure a lot of the ones floating around in American collector's hands right now weren't even actually released up here, and the owners don't even know it...

this was my thought.

47 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The South American variants are Playtronic which have been mentioned here a few times already. They're not worth as much as the USA released (or not released) non-Playtronic versions.

Of course, but what is being suggested is that, much like F2, certain countries/regions of South America may have been sent manufactured but unused -USA labelled carts/CIB's to sell rather than having them field destroyed after Capcom decided against publishing the game in North America themselves...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Of course, but what is being suggested is that, much like F2, certain countries/regions of South America may have been sent manufactured but unused -USA labelled carts/CIB's to sell rather than having them field destroyed after Capcom decided against publishing the game in North America themselves...

i think this is what i remeber. that the capcom label was never actually sold in the united states.

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I believe this is the case.  Capcom told Nintendo they were not releasing MM6 in the US but everywhere else (For whatever reason), which is why MM6 isn't as rare as MM5 because Nintendo released it.  Im under the impression that the USA region code is kinda 'meaningless' and just represents "NTSC", which Chile uses.  Some of those lesser known titles that didn't sell great here got shipped over there which is why you'll see Samsons/F2s more commonly there.  In fact its where I got my F2.  This also doesn't seem to be unique to the NES but also Game Boy.  Game Boy games are region free, so the only difference between the PAL versions and NTSC versions, are the circle vs. oval seal and the country code.  But there are rare US Game Boy games, that were never printed for PAL, show up in Europe.  Again because they didn't sell well.  Which is why Stop That Roach, Swamp Thing, Amazing Tater all can be found in Europe.  

Anyway, I SEVERELY doubt anyone who has one here would sell it.  Or if you'd REALLY want it, you'd have to find who has it and message em personally.  I suggest try looking outside the US, to South America/Chile specifically.  

• 2 weeks later...