IGNORED

VideoGameSage's Original Xbox Thread

Xbox (console) - Wikipedia

Dear VideoGameSage members,

Here's a thread contributed to our community's love for the original Xbox console by Microsoft. Here, you can post your collection, your favorite games (and memories) and also your completions.

This place is meant for talking about everything Xbox related: collectibility, advices for completing a game, hidden gems, your recent finds, and more.

Here's a very helpful and detailed thread by our very own member, DefaultGen, about collecting Xbox games:

I always thought the Xbox was like the spiritual successor to the Sega Dreamcast, a console that I love indefinitely. I remember my older brother buying this beast in the 2000's and being amazed by its wonderful graphics, its great exclusives and its ability to download our own music so that we can play the games with our playlist playing in the background. Also, it had so many great exclusives by Microsoft, such as Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Brute Force, Fable, Halo, and many more. It also had amazing support from third-party developpers, like Sega with their awesome "arcady" games (which is why I sometimes jokingly name the Xbox as the Dreamcast 2), Rare (which Microsoft bought in 2002). Tecmo, etc.

Thanks,

Michel

• Like 2

I'm gonna start this thread off right by reminding everyone to remove their clock capacitor before it kills every Xbox on earth

But also play Phantom Dust and Metal Wolf Chaos, the best Xbox exclusives. At least not counting remakes, but the MWC remake has bland graphics for some reason, so play it on your Xbox.

6yQubtT.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

But also play Phantom Dust and Metal Wolf Chaos, the best Xbox exclusives. At least not counting remakes, but the MWC remake has bland graphics for some reason, so play it on your Xbox.

6yQubtT.png

Correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot play Japanese games on an American Xbox console, right ? Is there anything such as a Boot Disc ?

Administrator · Posted
Just now, RetroMichel said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot play Japanese games on an American Xbox console, right ? Is there anything such as a Boot Disc ?

The OG Xbox is region locked, yes. I never had one so not sure about boot discs etc., but probably.

19 minutes ago, RetroMichel said:

I mean FWIW, the Xbox is like the easiest console to softmod to fix that. Like half the Xbox's I've bought in my life have been softmodded already.

1 hour ago, RetroMichel said:

I think that was actually on NintendoAge/SegaAge. 

I did some browsing..

Though I think this thread is more general-themed and allows more discussion on gameplay aspects. 

Personally, I wasn’t a fan of first-person shooters (eg. Halo) and most of the games on Xbox you could find on the PS2. So I played more games on the PS2 back in the days, and used my Xbox for arcade games with emulation. 

As a collector, I’ve come to appreciate more the exclusive games for this console, and I feel now that I had grossly underrated this console as a diverse gaming platform. Other than regurgitated sports games, this console has a very low ratio of shovelware. 

26 minutes ago, RetroMichel said:

Just found SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos for 5 bucks, which was a pretty good deal. However, the cover has serious water damage and I want to ask you guys if you have any tips to restore it.

SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos (2).jpg

SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos (3).jpg

SNK Vs. Capcom SVC Chaos (1).jpg

Start with the iron method. Wrap it in a cotton white t shirt and iron both sides like you would a dress shirt. Start on low and bring it up to 7/10. You don't want steam tho. Don't be scared if it gets suck to the shirt. 

• Thanks 1

I was in my late teens when xbox came out and I was lucky enough to win an Xbox from taco bell, otherwise I would have missed out - had saved up for a ps2 but didn't get one after trying on launch day because they all sold out so I wasn't sure what console direction to put my support in, and definitely didn't have the money to get multiple right away but winning it solved the decision for me really quick. 

When it arrived via UPS it included project gotham racing, and of course that wasn't enough so I picked up dead or alive 3 and halo. I just remember the graphics being really impressive with project gotham and made me stoked to see what would come out for it.

I was pretty bitter at the Sony camp for the supply issue and feeling like a chump on launch day.. ended up being xbox only for a long time during that gen until wind waker was about to release for the cube because Zelda of course. Shortly after that a ps2 as well, but I loved all the weird new IP games that would come out for the Xbox because they weren't afraid to take chances.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 8:11 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Start with the iron method. Wrap it in a cotton white t shirt and iron both sides like you would a dress shirt. Start on low and bring it up to 7/10. You don't want steam tho. Don't be scared if it gets suck to the shirt. 

It did work a little bit. It definitely looks better now.

Also, guys, I was wondering what cable you’re using for your Xbox console. I currently have the Pound HDMI cable which MetalJesusRocks’ video convinced me to buy. Are there better options out there that do not cost too much ?

On 11/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, RetroMichel said:

It did work a little bit. It definitely looks better now.

Also, guys, I was wondering what cable you’re using for your Xbox console. I currently have the Pound HDMI cable which MetalJesusRocks’ video convinced me to buy. Are there better options out there that do not cost too much ?

I tried that but didn't like how dark it made the picture.  Was unplayable in my mind because I had one in high-school (I can remember how its supposed to look). I eventually got an OSSC with the original hidef pack. It looks great on my 4k now.  

Edited by joehalford01