IGNORED

Uhh.....what??

austin532

Can anyone explain why this sealed Jordan vs Bird went for so much? There is nothing special about it. It's not signed by anyone and it's not mint. Me thinks shill bidding was involved. Either that or people got into a very stupid bidding war.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jordan-vs-Bird-Nintendo-NES-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-H-Seam-w-Tag-WATA-grade-it/203135359300?hash=item2f4bcf9944:g:cGcAAOSwTmVfgeeE

• Like 1

Was watching it as well.

I think it’s just some guys that have no idea that Jordan vs Bird is not valuable just because Michael Jordon is in it.

I guess there goes my sealed Milton Bradley set off that’s legit :V

Edit: fixed some missing text.

Edited by ThePhleo

First cover appearance of Jordan if you ignore the computer versions that came out a year earlier. There are sports card people who think athlete box appearances are the next big thing. Still probably a nonsense sale. Or maybe if you didn’t start buying games until this year you’d come into the hobby, see Stadium Events sell for $40k and think “Wow these people LOVE sports!!”

Hey, if you want to hype something please make it Atari or sports games I say.

Edited by DefaultGen

You guys can't look at these sales through the lens of video game collecting anymore. Comic investors piled in and comic games shot up overnight. Pokemon card collectors coming in and Pokemon games went from $500 mint to 5 figures and even much higher went mint in 2 years. Now sports card investors are coming in and sports card games have taken off too.

The bidding got to almost $2k in the first days it was up so you knew it was going to get nutty.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jonebone said:

You guys can't look at these sales through the lens of video game collecting anymore. Comic investors piled in and comic games shot up overnight. Pokemon card collectors coming in and Pokemon games went from $500 mint to 5 figures and even much higher went mint in 2 years. Now sports card investors are coming in and sports card games have taken off too.

The bidding got to almost $2k in the first days it was up so you knew it was going to get nutty.

Yep, we're just seeing the start of this. Shit's going to get crazier and crazier. Hang on.

59 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I’m down with that.  I’ve got a lot of NFL Gamedays, NBA Shootouts, and NHL Faceoffs I might be willing to part with for the right price.  

On 10/18/2020 at 4:12 AM, DefaultGen said:

First cover appearance of Jordan if you ignore the computer versions that came out a year earlier.

So you're saying it's not a First Print?😄

Yeah and I bet the computer versions sell for a fraction of what this did even though that's the true first appearance of Jordan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's the first appearance of Michael Jordan and the origin of Larry Bird. It's going to be worth 6 figures because a game investing podcast said so. Sadly, there is probably a person somewhere with too much money that actually believes that.

If it's worth six figures to two people, then it's worth six figures. 🤷‍♂️