IGNORED

Obligatory "Cat" thread

4 hours ago, Estil said:

No really, there were people who suffocated in refrigerators back before the law mandated (50s?) they easily open from the inside.

Now that we know he might do this we double check ( if we move away from the refridgerator while we are using it) before shutting the door - it was just so odd since we have never had a cat do this before.

We once had a sheltie who had followed me into the tool shed and stayed there after I exited.   Mrs. Tabonga noticed he was not around about an hour later and we searched for about 20 minutes until I looked in the tool shed.  Normally he would bark at the drop of a hat - yet he didn't bark while in there nor when we were both calling for him.   Animals can be strange critters,

Not to mention it seems to go against the idea that cats love warm places like sunbeams, those old fashioned kind of radiator heaters (I forget what their called), snuggled up with their favorite human, and the most aggravating way of all...

1989-01-24.gif

Okay so a refrigerator is a fairly enclosed space, so it's got that going for it but it really doesn't make sense for a creature who allegedly loves very warm places and has a higher body temperature than a human to choose to want to be inside a 40ish degree place.

52 minutes ago, Estil said:

Not to mention it seems to go against the idea that cats love warm places like sunbeams, those old fashioned kind of radiator heaters (I forget what their called), snuggled up with their favorite human, and the most aggravating way of all...

1989-01-24.gif

Okay so a refrigerator is a fairly enclosed space, so it's got that going for it but it really doesn't make sense for a creature who allegedly loves very warm places and has a higher body temperature than a human to choose to want to be inside a 40ish degree place.

I still think he wants to get to the can of stink food.

And cats don't like water.........

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are some of your favorite cute things your kitty does?  For example, I love it when my kitty reaches with his paws underneath a door! 😄 

Also my kitty loves to roll around on the floor and rub up against my shoes...wow, I didn't know cats could have a foot fetish! 😄  Well mine does anyway!

Thor loves my wife but pretty much just shows me disdain.  He loves to be in the bathroom with her in the morning when she gets ready for the day. If he is not in with her he will bat his paws under the door until she lets him in.

• If I happen to be in there and he doesn't know it is me he does his paws under the door routine, I will open the door and he will look at me like "Oh - its you" - and then he walks off in disgust.  
Edited by Tabonga
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Estil said:

What are some of your favorite cute things your kitty does?  For example, I love it when my kitty reaches with his paws underneath a door! 😄 

Also my kitty loves to roll around on the floor and rub up against my shoes...wow, I didn't know cats could have a foot fetish! 😄  Well mine does anyway!

Mine loves stinky, sweaty socks, still warm after returning from the gym.  Grabs them out of my hand as soon as I remove them and starts rolling around holding them to his face.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Thor loves my wife but pretty much just shows me disdain.  He loves to be in the bathroom with her in the morning when she gets ready for the day. If he is not in with her he will bat his paws under the door until she lets him in.

This is what she should say to that little peeping Tom cat...