IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Because of course...

its cool to say all republicans hate children.

I wanna be clear here and state that it's not cool to say that. 

Nobody should be making generalized hateful statements at groups, unless it's like, nazis.

There are no cool Nazis and I'll die on that hill happily.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Driftwood said:

But again, did Californiawhatever get a warning?

We don't publicly share who gets warnings. 

I'd also not take it too seriously, a warning is literally just that. It's not a 3 strike and your banned policy, more like 10 strikes, and even then we hesitate to hit the "ban this guy" button. 

I've had a few heartfelt convos with folks who were close and we got them back on track. 

It's literally just a warning, not much to worry about at this time especially if it's your first. 

• Wow! 1

Moderator · Posted
51 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Just curious did all the democrats here also get warned for using the f-word or just me?

pathetic

You can use the f-word all you'd fucking like to. You were asked to keep it civil, not watch your tongue. You're free to make a point and give your opinions, but there isn't any need for name calling. Its the first sentence of the first rule

1. Have respect for each other.  

It's not an unreasonable ask. Please re-read rule number one if you're unclear of the expectation that we have for the members on this forum. These rules were here long before these threads/topics were. Thank you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

As I say, we don't share publicly who has received what warnings etc. 

I can assure you as someone with zero horses in the American politics race, I see the logs and I see no bias. 

Plenty of left leaning folks have plenty of warnings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

At any rate this isn't what the thread is for. 

If you'd like to chat about how we handle cases on the site my PM's are always open to anyone, we can chat and it can be fruitful. 

Let's get back on topic please, and let the past be, as it were. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Why billionaire Ken Griffin is moving Citadel's HQ to Miami from Chicago: riots, an employee stabbed, and the attempted hijacking of his own car

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-billionaire-ken-griffin-moving-193012559.html

Over the past year, Griffin has been outspoken about his colleagues' safety in the Windy City.

"It's becoming ever more difficult to have this as our global headquarters, a city which has so much violence," he said last October at the Economic Club of Chicago.  "I mean Chicago's like Afghanistan on a good day and that's a problem."

When asked how long he planned to stay in Chicago, Griffin said at the time: "It's probably measured in years not decades if we don't change course."

Sad situation. I do admire Griffin for making his employees safety a priority. I lived in IL a few decades ago, and I never had to worry about safety the way people do now...

5 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

My problem is the rules are applied unevenly.

if you can’t see that, you have blinders on!

So what exactly is the point you were making then?  I came to check in with what everyone was thinking today....saw nothing of substance in your posts.  Maybe you're just looking to rile everybody up?

This horseshit legislation is such a profoundly sad result... it's sad and it's just fucked.  My heart goes out to women across America right now.  Fucking terrible.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Krunch said:

So what exactly is the point you were making then?  I came to check in with what everyone was thinking today....saw nothing of substance in your posts.  Maybe you're just looking to rile everybody up?

This horseshit legislation is such a profoundly sad result... it's sad and it's just fucked.  My heart goes out to women across America right now.  Fucking terrible.

It was always a states rights issue. 
 The supreme court got this one 100% correct

• Disagree 1

Just now, Driftwood said:

Nah, afraid the mods will come down on me again... you have my opinion.

You're afraid hey... you should try being a woman in one of the affected states right now.  

Loved the eyeroll by the way!!  Great use of that emoji!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

For someone who’s not a republican you sure regurgitate Fox News viewpoints like one.

In the interest of being openly fair to all parties here, I'll share that this does not help the situation, particularly AFTER gloves made his post about people getting back on track.

So to people on all sides, all political leanings, cut it out.

If you want to discuss the topics and even debate / disagree on items, that's fine.  But direct personal attacks, passive aggressive or directly aggressive comments, and further bickering will cause exactly what Gloves said might happen if people don't stop.

I have long PUSHED for these threads to remain open on VGS, because I believe it is possible for people to remain civil.  That isn't just one party or one side's problem.  We can all do better about not getting dirty with each other.

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Nah, afraid the mods will come down on me again... you have my opinion.

Come on, dude. Look at your first and second post in this thread today and tell me that wasn't done to get a rise out of people. People might disagree with your opinion (it's called discourse, and we all deal with it at some point), but you know damn well it wasn't your opinion that got the mods to come in this thread.

• Thanks 1