IGNORED

Little realisations that make you feel old

OptOut

On 5/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, Estil said:

You guys remember the 1988-93 show The Wonder Years, which takes place exactly 20 years prior (1968-73)?  If there was a Wonder Years: The Next Generation done today

I've thought about a current wonder years many times and wish something like that would happen. I remember seeing how much my parents related to it and went nostalgia crazy watching it each week. A 90s style wonder years would be so great. The Goldbergs hits a lot of nostalgia in that regard for the 80s, but its no wonder years 

Edit: the more im thinking about this, the more it baffles me it hasnt even been attempted. When I was in middle school, everyone was divided into two categories. People who dressed like skaters and people who dressed preppy. Which side of that you were on shaped who your friends were, girls you dated, what you did for fun, etc. There is just so much you could do with that in TV context. Even if I knew it was being done badly, I'd still have to watch every week just to see it

Edited by NESfiend

That's another thing, in my HS years it was all about those huge baggy Junco pants or whatever they were called...now we've gone entirely in the other extreme with those super skinnys!  How people get into those I'll never know...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Estil said:

That's another thing, in my HS years it was all about those huge baggy Junco pants or whatever they were called...now we've gone entirely in the other extreme with those super skinnys!  How people get into those I'll never know...

......this change happened in like, 2004 my man.

12 hours ago, Estil said:

Most jeans now have 2 way or 4way stretch.

And Women's skinny jeans are practically jeggings.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:45 PM, Estil said:

This is hilarious! I've questioned a lot of millennials as to when and why girls started liking guys who dress like girls. I wore the Jncos in middle school. And I still sag my pants a little today in anything but a suit. Am I proud I used to dress like that? No. But I'm far less ashamed than I would be had I been wearing the crazy tight pants young guys do today. 

I would rather look at nice cars than drive them.  Some of my cars are to hard to get into and out of and my Dad actually got stuck in my Lotus Elise...that was fun trying to get him out! Back when I was a teenager we would go to the drag strap and race, and go to all these meetups and do some street racing and burnouts and all that stuff.  Now I see those kids doing that and I think how irresponsible they are..lol, but 15 years ago I was out tearing the roads up the same way.  Now I just prefer to have some eye candy in the garage. 

Edited by DannyTheDonk