IGNORED

5 screw collectors

11 hours ago, Woobie said:

More or less I just need the "heavies" still (Mega man, MTPO, star force, gotcha.

I do need a few others just because I am doing both CAN and US 3 and 5 screw variations ha ha.

Also, I see your secret shame in there...

image.png

Oh man, I have a 5 screw baseball too that’s the worst!!! I have a lot of 3 and 5s lol

Here's my list.  Feel free anyone to chime in if I'm missing anything.  (And I'm not counting Konami/Ultra and other one-offs, but I do pick them up if I see them - I only have Silent Service so far right now). Ignore the lines with empty spaces; I don't know how that happened or how to get rid of them.  My list total is 86:

10 Yard Fight
3-D World Runner
Alpha Mission
Arkanoid
Athena
Athletic World
Balloon Fight
Baseball
Breakthru
Burgertime
Castlevania

Chubby Cherub

Clu Clu Land
Commando
Deadly Towers

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr.

Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Double Dribble
Duck Hunt
Elevator Action
Excitebike
Ghosts 'n' Goblins
Golf
Goonies 2

Gotcha!
Gradius
Gumshoe

Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Ikari Warriors

Jaws
Karate Champ
Kid Icarus
Kid Niki
Kung Fu
Legend of Kage
Legend of Zelda
Lode Runner
Lunar Pool

M.U.S.C.L.E.
Mach Rider
Mario Bros

Mega Man
Metroid
Mighty Bomb Jack

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Ninja Kid
Pinball
Popeye
Pro Wrestling
Rad Racer
Raid on Bungling Bay
Ring King
Rush 'n' Attack
Rygar
Section Z
Sky Kid
Slalom

Soccer
Solomon's Key
Spelunker
Spy Hunter

Sqoon

Stack Up
Star Force
Star Voyager

Stinger
Super Mario Bros.
Super Pitfall
Tag Team Wrestling
Tennis
Tiger-Heli
Top Gun
Track and Field
Trojan
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Winter Games
Wizards & Warriors
Wrecking Crew
Zanac

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Here's my list.  Feel free anyone to chime in if I'm missing anything.  (And I'm not counting Konami/Ultra and other one-offs, but I do pick them up if I see them - I only have Silent Service so far right now). Ignore the lines with empty spaces; I don't know how that happened or how to get rid of them.  My list total is 86:

10 Yard Fight
3-D World Runner
Alpha Mission
Arkanoid
Athena
Athletic World
Balloon Fight
Baseball
Breakthru
Burgertime
Castlevania

Chubby Cherub

Clu Clu Land
Commando
Deadly Towers

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr.

Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Double Dribble
Duck Hunt
Elevator Action
Excitebike
Ghosts 'n' Goblins
Golf
Goonies 2

Gotcha!
Gradius
Gumshoe

Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Ice Climber
Ikari Warriors

Jaws
Karate Champ
Kid Icarus
Kid Niki
Kung Fu
Legend of Kage
Legend of Zelda
Lode Runner
Lunar Pool

M.U.S.C.L.E.
Mach Rider
Mario Bros

Mega Man
Metroid
Mighty Bomb Jack

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Ninja Kid
Pinball
Popeye
Pro Wrestling
Rad Racer
Raid on Bungling Bay
Ring King
Rush 'n' Attack
Rygar
Section Z
Sky Kid
Slalom

Soccer
Solomon's Key
Spelunker
Spy Hunter

Sqoon

Stack Up
Star Force
Star Voyager

Stinger
Super Mario Bros.
Super Pitfall
Tag Team Wrestling
Tennis
Tiger-Heli
Top Gun
Track and Field
Trojan
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Winter Games
Wizards & Warriors
Wrecking Crew
Zanac

I’m getting down to the nitty gritty, well close anyways. I don’t know if I’ll chase Mike Tyson, Star Force, Mega Man or Jaws. Not when I need a few other nes games that aren’t just variants but the same price. 

Thanks for sharing the list Morbis, I’m confident my list mirrors that. With what I’d mentioned excluded

That's the complete list except for 5-Screw Stadium Events, and 5-Screw R.C. Pro-Am.

Both of which are so rare, that everyone's set even with Mike Tyson & Mega Man should be considered complete since there's only 3 known copies of Stadium Events, and 1 known copy of R.C. Pro-Am to have 5 screws.

Also on the WTF rarity list is 3-Screw Stinger which is confirmed to exist and even have a matching REV-A / No HT box!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

That's the complete list except for 5-Screw Stadium Events, and 5-Screw R.C. Pro-Am.

Both of which are so rare, that everyone's set even with Mike Tyson & Mega Man should be considered complete since there's only 3 known copies of Stadium Events, and 1 known copy of R.C. Pro-Am to have 5 screws.

Also on the WTF rarity list is 3-Screw Stinger which is confirmed to exist and even have a matching REV-A / No HT box!

There’s only one 5 screw RC? I didn’t realize the pop was that low on that. 

how many stingers is there?

Just now, Foochie776 said:

There’s only one 5 screw RC? I didn’t realize the pop was that low on that. 

how many stingers is there?

Stinger is an odd one, I only have one photo of it CIB, but multiple reports of owners.

So, it's probably not an ultra-hyper-extreme rarity...but it's certainly extremely rare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

Stinger is an odd one, I only have one photo of it CIB, but multiple reports of owners.

So, it's probably not an ultra-hyper-extreme rarity...but it's certainly extremely rare.

Crazy, that’s my favorite stuff though. The anomalies of the NES library. 

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

1 isn't enough for me for RC Pro Am.  Could just be a refurb.  SE totally because it was within the time period during the transition.  Also because the game itself is so rare, there arent that many copies that pop up anyway.  3 Screw Stinger still baffles me.  They COULD be refurbs but I saw all 3 of NES Ganstas and they all had the same chip date code as the 5s.  The box part, I can't help with.  It would be nice to see more of those boxes pop up.  The fact that it has one means it had to have been printed.  The ONLY thing I could think of was, they made lets say 50,000 chips but only put together and sold 40,000?  Then decided to put the rest together after the first run sells out, so they reprint the box and throw in some 3 screw shells?  The rarity to abundance ratio does not make sense for that game.  All the other super rare variants, way more multiple copies have been found.

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

1 isn't enough for me for RC Pro Am.  Could just be a refurb.  SE totally because it was within the time period during the transition.  Also because the game itself is so rare, there arent that many copies that pop up anyway.  3 Screw Stinger still baffles me.  They COULD be refurbs but I saw all 3 of NES Ganstas and they all had the same chip date code as the 5s.  The box part, I can't help with.  It would be nice to see more of those boxes pop up.  The fact that it has one means it had to have been printed.  The ONLY thing I could think of was, they made lets say 50,000 chips but only put together and sold 40,000?  Then decided to put the rest together after the first run sells out, so they reprint the box and throw in some 3 screw shells?  The rarity to abundance ratio does not make sense for that game.  All the other super rare variants, way more multiple copies have been found.

I agree with you that R.C. Pro-Am has just too little evidence to consider it part of the standard 5-Screw club. Also since it was released well after the 5-Screw cutoff date then I think there's just something else going on there.

But, yeah Stinger has too much hard evidence showing that it's a legitimate variant. I've attached my "extraction" of the original photos, and the original photos of the box.

I would normally discount a photo like this since on some games it's possible to "hide" the hangtab, but that REV-A is sticking out like a sore thumb.

1850530792_Layer0.jpg.c88f88981ac7cf6a80f4a566181d6b03.jpg

644995512_stinger(2).jpg.fea39341bad0eea96c9ae33bad34c79f.jpg

Stinger.jpg.68b5224d3fa181bce785b201b77ab374.jpg

670589218_stinger(1).JPG.177f4114b055fe9ff90d8bf959d85f92.JPG

9LrMDaU.png.aaef55be716c66a9a42d78119c88e67c.png

7Zw4TtB.thumb.jpg.d60c93ba5d12e7e6880cf4b105b46d31.jpgUPrhJP0h.thumb.jpg.c58d67dd6b61f860ed03d6b6dc9443fb.jpghE9kaDx.jpg.80e37049b89f23f25f63a974d87baf32.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Wow! 1

Yup, it was me with the CIB.

I bought it off Ebay in a lot with a toploader and 5 CIB games. No idea what I had until years after I sold it to a member on NA who live overseas. I contacted him several times after that, but he isn't interested in selling it back.

Then, randomly I found a bin for a 3 screw cart only and bought it. Made the post on NA about it, then put it on NA auctions, where NES Gangsta bought it....for $250 I think.

I have seen one other 3 screw Stinger cart on Ebay in a large lot games, but it was in the sold listings. So, there are more out there.

Edited by DK
  • Like 2