IGNORED

The Claw Competition Record: 40 Carts

Ferris Bueller

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

There's enough space on both sides of your hand to start stacking carts upwards, give that a go.

i did this but thought the "you have to hold them upsidedown" rule would disqualify... but that was part of the "flip" them rule that has been cut out so maybe its legal. 

Administrator · Posted
46 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Yep, just posted on Twitter that @Divingninja is the current record holder at 23 with that entry. Insane.

Here's the best entry so far...

That wasn't upside down at all lol.

I'm starting to think my "tape em together" idea qualifies based on all the tomfoolery we've witnessed thus far. 😛

@Gloves: Well yeah maybe mine weren't upside down, but I did flip them like the initial rules and video suggested. 

I personally feel either all Tom foolery should be allowed, or none. I initially took the contest in the context that creative, yet odd / sneaky out-of-the-box methods would be valid, but after not much fanfare from mine, I guess I misinterpreted. I really really like @OptOut's idea about removing PCBs to adjust the weight.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

@Gloves: Well yeah maybe mine weren't upside down, but I did flip them like the initial rules and video suggested. 

I personally feel either all Tom foolery should be allowed, or none. I initially took the contest in the context that creative, yet odd / sneaky out-of-the-box methods would be valid, but after not much fanfare from mine, I guess I misinterpreted. I really really like @OptOut's idea about removing PCBs to adjust the weight.

Not saying I hate the strategy by any stretch, it's a fun approach. I especially enjoyed dropping the carts at the end, intentional or not.

I'm just pointing out that if that counts, then basically anything goes. 😛

19 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Not saying I hate the strategy by any stretch, it's a fun approach. I especially enjoyed dropping the carts at the end, intentional or not.

I'm just pointing out that if that counts, then basically anything goes. 😛

I don't think mine ever did count, at no point was I "in the lead" at least by what I saw on twitter. I guess that's why I was surprised to see a few methods that didn't follow all the rules work their way up the ranks, when technically, whether it was in the op's mind or not, my method did seem to abide by all the rules. 

Either way, it's all fun, and Ive been enjoying watching this.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm not so worried about the flip. The point of the rule was that it's one thing to pick up a stack of games, to really know that someone could hold it would be to have the games "upside down" so that we all know you really can maintain control of that many games at one time. The whole idea came from me sorting through large volumes of Nintendo games and realizing I could only grab so many before they tend to explode out.

And no, I'm not worried about practicality. We're entering world championship territory. Is it practical to eat 70 hot dogs in one minute? No. But goddamit, @gerbilly can tri-dog if he wants to.

At no point did @fcgamer attempt count, but that does not mean that it is not the best entry so far. Really glad you participated, because I don't know that we'll get to meet up in real life anytime soon. Nice to see ya!

Edited by Ferris Bueller
More to say
  • Like 1

Once again thanks a lot @Ferris Bueller for hosting this competition. In Taiwan we've got quite a bit of normalcy right now compared to most of the world, but we are also just as worried as everyone else, about jobs, the economy, health, our livelihood, etc 

I really really appreciate this competition, at least for me it offers some sort of fun and normalcy amongst everything else. 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Once again thanks a lot @Ferris Bueller for hosting this competition. In Taiwan we've got quite a bit of normalcy right now compared to most of the world, but we are also just as worried as everyone else, about jobs, the economy, health, our livelihood, etc 

I really really appreciate this competition, at least for me it offers some sort of fun and normalcy amongst everything else. 🙂

And thanks for putting up your attempt. Made me giggle a little! 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GPX said:

And thanks for putting up your attempt. Made me giggle a little! 😄

That was the point. In Taiwan people are always doing things like this, trying to exploit a situation by thinking outside the box. 

When I read the initial rules, this idea came to mind, mainly to be funny. I'm glad you enjoyed it 😉

12 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

That was the point. In Taiwan people are always doing things like this, trying to exploit a situation by thinking outside the box. 

When I read the initial rules, this idea came to mind, mainly to be funny. I'm glad you enjoyed it 😉

You know, all you have to do is load that video up into iMovie, flip it upside down and boom, valid submission.