IGNORED

$700 Barbie Game on 3DS?!

Aguy

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Well it's been delisted from the eshop, for one. As of 2017 by the look of it, along with some other similar titles. 

I see only ds listings on eBay. One 3ds listing from Germany, but they used stock photos. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/barbie-groom-and-glam-pups-Nintendo-3ds-Super-RARE-Cib/193117855645?hash=item2cf6b89f9d:g:ffwAAOSwYQJdiCeW

I saw it was delisted but come on...

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Aguy said:

Same dude is selling this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/192948851743

I think it's more that these games never pop up for sale, not so much that they're NECESSARILY rare. I have Hoppie lying around here somewhere. 

2 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Maybe it's used to hack the console....

Nope. It’s just extremely rare. The same game was on DS and Wii and is common & cheap on those platforms. The 3DS release sold poorly and was quickly pulled from store shelves. It’s possible that most copies were destroyed by the publisher.

It’s the same with rare DS like Powerbike or Jewel Time Deluxe. These games are not good, they are just super rare. 

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's what I hear about Stadium Events too 🙂

It's obviously going to be different for every situation, and I'm not saying this about any specific game, let along Stadium Events, but I believe that in the event that something is pulled from the shelf and shipped back to the vendor, it's more likely to be sitting on a pallet somewhere than actually destroyed.  

17 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

The guy who got the world record for the Largest game collection mentioned it in the video Guinness did and it took off. I believe it was only a Canadian release game. It was never sold in the states as far as I know and was at eb games Canada  

Yeah when that video came out is when I noticed that game started to sell and sell super high. Wish I woulda got it for 200 when I had the chance. Now I know this one will be super hard for me as I get towards finishing the set 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craigly1234 said:

Yeah when that video came out is when I noticed that game started to sell and sell super high. Wish I woulda got it for 200 when I had the chance. Now I know this one will be super hard for me as I get towards finishing the set 

At least so far it’s the only crazy expensive one with Fire Emblem Fates SE still being far behind. But if you are going for CE’s then 3DS has a lot of them. 

16 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

At least so far it’s the only crazy expensive one with Fire Emblem Fates SE still being far behind. But if you are going for CE’s then 3DS has a lot of them. 

I get them as they come, but for the most part just standard releases for now. Barbie is the only hard to find game I'm missing:( hoping I'll get lucky and find it on craigslist or something lol seems possible with a "little girl" game

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, One Off said:

I'm going to be selling this on Ebay and any idea what a good price would be? I'm thinking of listing it in about a week. Its unopen and never used.

Barb3DS.jpg

Barb3DS-6.jpg

99% sure that seal is wrong, so I wouldnt see it as any more than a CIB copy

Also I sold my CIB copy like...a month ago? Sold it for $1000 CAD. Had it posted at 1300 CAD or best offer, had offer of 1K after about an hour. Sat on it a few hours to see if any other offers rolled in then accepted.

Apparently it was in bargin bins here in winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada) at giant tigers. So I dont know if we just got a majority of the left overs and they got tossed in the bargin bins or what but I have seen 2 copies locally (other I saw was loose). I think a part of it is just folks dont know its value / just sitting on it.

Thanks for the info, thats very interesting. Well like a lot of things, People ( like me) often times don't know the real value of unimportant items in there life.. from what iv seen out there its between $650 and now with your info 1K CAD.

I'm not sure what you mean by "99% sure that seal is wrong" ? Its in its original package with a slight tare in the plastic. I was going of list it as New.

Edited by One Off

10 minutes ago, One Off said:

Thanks for the info, thats very interesting. Well like a lot of things, People ( like me) often times don't know the real value of unimportant items in there life.. from what iv seen out there its between $650 and now with your info 1K CAD.

I'm not sure what you mean by "99% sure that seal is wrong" ? Its in its original package with a slight tare in the plastic. I was going of list it as New.

He means that the game looks resealed. That it is not the original plastic wrap. Also if you list it as new and that does turn out to be resealed the buyer (assuming your using ebay) can file a "not as described" claim and force a return/refund.

Ok that makes sense. My wife bought it and well we don't have a resealing machine...lol. The seal is very thick gauge but has scratches on it from over the years. The case from what i can see has no scratches. l'll sell it as is and its never been open, besides im sure there are people out there that would go that extra mile to sceeze out an extra buck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I agree that the seal does not look original. List as complete and ask $1500 with offers? Probably will get $800 or so.

Thanks for the input. I'm glad i posted the pictures to get others reactions. I can assure all its not resealed but hey everyone has there opinion and i respect that. If i get $800 that would be great. Thanks again 

42 minutes ago, One Off said:

Ok that makes sense. My wife bought it and well we don't have a resealing machine...lol. The seal is very thick gauge but has scratches on it from over the years. The case from what i can see has no scratches. l'll sell it as is and its never been open, besides im sure there are people out there that would go that extra mile to sceeze out an extra buck.

We're not saying the resealing was necessarily done by you but maybe by someone who had it before you.

• Like 1