IGNORED

$700 Barbie Game on 3DS?!

Aguy

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Yeah it looks like a retailer reseal, maybe it got returned at some point or the seal got damaged. 

Great observation...maybe your right. id love to see an original just to be safe. but I'm getting  what you guys are saying ..just list it as CIB to be safe. great info

Ya, one thing I will note. High starting bid tends to put people off so putting it at $700 / $800 starting bid it might not move past that (IE single bidder). If you're wanting to list with a higher starting bid honest answer is I would say just put a higher BIN with best offer, see what offers roll in.

Just personal opinion, I know I have snagged a few items for cheap due to high starting bid / causing no bidders on it

2 hours ago, One Off said:

Thanks for the input. I'm glad i posted the pictures to get others reactions. I can assure all its not resealed but hey everyone has there opinion and i respect that. If i get $800 that would be great. Thanks again 

A reseal could come from various sources:

- distributor seal (new)

- shop seal (new)

- shop seal with a pre-owned copy

- collector seal (buyer doing it after a shop purchase)

—————

So what a lot of us here are saying is that it appears to be a seal not done from original factory (ie. a reseal). This is not to say the game inside isn’t brand new, but there is also a probability that it may well be in used condition also. 

Please understand I have zero interest in this item, as I don’t collect for the DS, and I’m just trying to help you to understand what the others are saying.

4 minutes ago, GPX said:

A reseal could come from various sources:

- distributor seal (new)

- shop seal (new)

- shop seal with a pre-owned copy

- collector seal (buyer doing it after a shop purchase)

—————

So what a lot of us here are saying is that it appears to be a seal not done from original factory (ie. a reseal). This is not to say the game inside isn’t brand new, but there is also a probability that it may well be in used condition also. 

Please understand I have zero interest in this item, as I don’t collect for the DS, and I’m just trying to help you to understand what the others are saying.

Its almost better to not have the seal on it? I'm just trying to see it from a collectors point.

If the plastic is removed then it would have to fall under Used Item (that's never happened) or Like New i think?  . If the plastic was removed i would be able to show all the contents. But from a Collectors point it may as well be Used Item if the plastic is removed.

2 minutes ago, One Off said:

Its almost better to not have the seal on it? I'm just trying to see it from a collectors point.

If the plastic is removed then it would have to fall under Used Item (that's never happened) or Like New i think?  . If the plastic was removed i would be able to show all the contents. But from a Collectors point it may as well be Used Item if the plastic is removed.

I think from a collectors perspective its not "new" (as new tends to mean factory sealed). So if its not factory sealed then its automatically "used". Closest approximation would be BNIB (brand new in box) but thats kind of symantecs (as again how can you definitively prove it was never opened / used?)

If its not a factory seal how can you definitively say it was never used? What if it was a return from a customer and whatever shop just re-sealed it ?

Trying to argue it as "new, never used" is just asking for an issue (Never like to leave the door open / assume it will happen but better to avoid it). I cant see it going for any premium from a CIB Copy so personal opinion would be to take off the shrink wrap, confirm contents (even just open the case, see the game / manual is there, test it and close it back up)

If you leave it as is someone can claim that they opened it and it never contained the game (or manual), or the game didnt work

It's been shown time and again that eBay buyers can return stuff for pretty much any reason.  Arguing over how to classify it is pretty much a waste of time.  My only suggestion is to avoid calling it "new" because with the very probable reseal, calling it new will be a huge red flag for any potential buyer who is prepared to spend that kind of money.  From the perspective of a buyer who doesn't know anything about this conversation, they are going to see a super expensive game listed as "new" with what looks like a reseal and they are going to assume it's a scam and move on.  

46 minutes ago, Woobie said:

I think from a collectors perspective its not "new" (as new tends to mean factory sealed). So if its not factory sealed then its automatically "used". Closest approximation would be BNIB (brand new in box) but thats kind of symantecs (as again how can you definitively prove it was never opened / used?)

If its not a factory seal how can you definitively say it was never used? What if it was a return from a customer and whatever shop just re-sealed it ?

Trying to argue it as "new, never used" is just asking for an issue (Never like to leave the door open / assume it will happen but better to avoid it). I cant see it going for any premium from a CIB Copy so personal opinion would be to take off the shrink wrap, confirm contents (even just open the case, see the game / manual is there, test it and close it back up)

If you leave it as is someone can claim that they opened it and it never contained the game (or manual), or the game didnt work

Great points much appreciated. The problem becomes "is this a factory seal". Not being able to qualify this as being Factory Sealed or New. I am in favor of what you are saying that even though its sealed factory or not it is still
a resale from an outside supplier. This item should be designated as Used regardless of the seal. So for Ebay purposes they use "Like New" is what best describes the item. (after removing the seal).

17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's been shown time and again that eBay buyers can return stuff for pretty much any reason.  Arguing over how to classify it is pretty much a waste of time.  My only suggestion is to avoid calling it "new" because with the very probable reseal, calling it new will be a huge red flag for any potential buyer who is prepared to spend that kind of money.  From the perspective of a buyer who doesn't know anything about this conversation, they are going to see a super expensive game listed as "new" with what looks like a reseal and they are going to assume it's a scam and move on.  

I wouldn't say there was an argument but classifying is important as you just pointed out "avoid calling it "new"" . Also when i inform an potential buyer there is no returns and no refund after delivery and it is clearly spelled out in the description that's the contract and ebay will side with whats in the description.

But all that aside I agree with you that "New" should not be the main topic in the description as its not "Factory Proven New".

1 hour ago, One Off said:

Also when i inform an potential buyer there is no returns and no refund after delivery and it is clearly spelled out in the description that's the contract and ebay will side with whats in the description.

That shit is getting returned. By saying no returns on a high ticket item your pretty much putting a target on your back. It basically means the savvy buyers that the seller is going to pay return shipping. 

I mean, good luck with the process but don't be too optimistic. Ebay is the largest group of picky buyers in the world. Ebay knows this and caters to them. 

2 hours ago, One Off said:

Also when i inform an potential buyer there is no returns and no refund after delivery and it is clearly spelled out in the description that's the contract and ebay will side with whats in the description.

I take it you don’t have a lot of experience with eBay...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, One Off said:

Sorry, Ebay will still side with the buyer. I've put "no returns" or "no refunds" and still have to give a refund or let the buyer return the item.

Edited by stephbm6

Here’s what an authentic seal looks like:

49CFA844-7C25-4E92-93A3-E5F19D9C3E33.thumb.jpeg.c55542653abaf9553ef58b30c9f64796.jpeg

2237DF90-928D-492B-B5EA-69240F81405E.thumb.jpeg.a436fde54a27d88ba69aff12dd3db8c1.jpeg

F1C58A00-7A38-4F0E-913D-0CAFBCE63672.thumb.jpeg.6f80b611c717c37f8ce98d7caf3ab058.jpeg

709896E3-E944-4ECE-B074-B2BAC7EF6BA9.thumb.jpeg.29b63358dd844b9328ff132665fe86f4.jpeg

Neat y-folds on top and bottom and a snug seam along the edge where you open the case.

I don’t doubt that your game is real and the seal looks like the kind a store will do with a lower quality shrinkwrapping machine. The kind that is used to re-wrap items that get damaged or returned. It’s not that unusual so I think any serious collector will understand what they are buying. If I had the money to blow I’d be tempted to buy it too!

9 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Here’s what an authentic seal looks like:

49CFA844-7C25-4E92-93A3-E5F19D9C3E33.thumb.jpeg.c55542653abaf9553ef58b30c9f64796.jpeg

2237DF90-928D-492B-B5EA-69240F81405E.thumb.jpeg.a436fde54a27d88ba69aff12dd3db8c1.jpeg

F1C58A00-7A38-4F0E-913D-0CAFBCE63672.thumb.jpeg.6f80b611c717c37f8ce98d7caf3ab058.jpeg

709896E3-E944-4ECE-B074-B2BAC7EF6BA9.thumb.jpeg.29b63358dd844b9328ff132665fe86f4.jpeg

Neat y-folds on top and bottom and a snug seam along the edge where you open the case.

I bought these two at Beat Buy ok sale back on the dayz 

IMG_20201107_080904__01.thumb.jpg.3527a07fef77206b89b686160a9d5e97.jpgIMG_20201107_080925__01.thumb.jpg.85144b070230a4070b05095da5ffa5b7.jpg

IMG_20201107_081022__01.thumb.jpg.a5a19ac4db970b03710a1f8af2c2775e.jpgIMG_20201107_081020__01.thumb.jpg.0e24c86317b91b739f11790cdd0e9206.jpg

Kmart was known to have some pretty shit seals on their Wii and 3DS games back when they were a store too. I'm no expert on sealed games or seals but I've seen enough shit seals at a store to give them a pass on 3DS games, depending on the publisher. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

13 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

Not all 3DS games were Y-fold sealed. In this case it's not worth the risk of listing as "new" on ebay

Thanks for all the input much appreciated . I'm leaning to selling  "Like New"  and post pre package and post package pictures. The seal as it looks is rather scuffed up and a new buyer can reseal for there collection. what do you guys think?

52 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I bought these two at Beat Buy ok sale back on the dayz 

IMG_20201107_080904__01.thumb.jpg.3527a07fef77206b89b686160a9d5e97.jpgIMG_20201107_080925__01.thumb.jpg.85144b070230a4070b05095da5ffa5b7.jpg

IMG_20201107_081022__01.thumb.jpg.a5a19ac4db970b03710a1f8af2c2775e.jpgIMG_20201107_081020__01.thumb.jpg.0e24c86317b91b739f11790cdd0e9206.jpg

Kmart was known to have some pretty shit seals on their Wii and 3DS games back when they were a store too. I'm no expert on sealed games or seals but I've seen enough shit seals at a store to give them a pass on 3DS games, depending on the publisher. 

Yeah but this too is different from OP’s item. OP’s item has a very loose seal.

3 minutes ago, One Off said:

Thanks for all the input much appreciated . I'm leaning to selling  "Like New"  and post pre package and post package pictures. The seal as it looks is rather scuffed up and a new buyer can reseal for there collection. what do you guys think?

Good plan. It’s a rare title, no collector is going to reseal it. They are more likely to get it graded or put it in a protective case 🙂