IGNORED

Archon's Nintendo Power Original Art Photo Thread

Art of Nintendo Power

1 hour ago, Archon 1981 said:

HI All,

Due to some people taking advantage of my willingness to share this collection, I will no longer be posting new images of acquisitions. Items will, for the time being, only be shown at live events. Thank you.

WTF? Humans are the worst. Thanks for sharing what you did. I definitely enjoyed seeing it.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2020 at 7:32 AM, Archon 1981 said:

HI All,

Due to some people taking advantage of my willingness to share this collection, I will no longer be posting new images of acquisitions. Items will, for the time being, only be shown at live events. Thank you.

Care to elaborate? Badgering you about items, trying to steal your connections, scooping you? 

Thanks for sharing what you have thus far, hopefully for history's sake you'll eventually change your most recent stance.

Hi!

So I'm not going to get into details over what happened. It doesn't actually matter. There was what I believed to be threat to the confidentiality of one of my sources, and my kneejerk reaction at the time was to shut it down. That didnt really last long, as I the primary purpose for continuing to build this collection is to share it. I ended up starting a twitter account ( http://www.twitter.com/artofnp ), and have been mostly been sharing there. Truth be told, I kinda forgot about this thread.

Anyway! I'm opening it back up. And the first thing I wanted to show you is actually... a lot. My primary intention for this collection this year was to travel it around to conventions to have live exhibitions, which I obviously cant do on account of COVID-19. SO I decided to put it all together in my home and do a quick video, so people didnt have to wait another year or more to see any of the work I've done.

Here you go!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow! 1

On 5/6/2020 at 4:51 AM, Archon 1981 said:

Hi!

So I'm not going to get into details over what happened. It doesn't actually matter. There was what I believed to be threat to the confidentiality of one of my sources, and my kneejerk reaction at the time was to shut it down. That didnt really last long, as I the primary purpose for continuing to build this collection is to share it. I ended up starting a twitter account ( http://www.twitter.com/artofnp ), and have been mostly been sharing there. Truth be told, I kinda forgot about this thread.

Anyway! I'm opening it back up. And the first thing I wanted to show you is actually... a lot. My primary intention for this collection this year was to travel it around to conventions to have live exhibitions, which I obviously cant do on account of COVID-19. SO I decided to put it all together in my home and do a quick video, so people didnt have to wait another year or more to see any of the work I've done.

Here you go!

DUDE!  The shoes from the Track and Field NP cover might be the most insane thing I have EVER seen in someones collection, and I have seen them all.  The fact that these shoes still even exist after 30+ years and you were able to track them down is unreal!  

Awesome collection!  I love the SF2 art too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of coin spent on all that. Lots.... But when you make a lot and/or have sweet hookups you can make things happen!

Hell you could partner up with Bronty and the Atari fan guy (Atarifan2 on NA I think) who had a lot of game art and open up a video game art museum.

Edited by gutsman004

• 5 months later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 5/17/2020 at 3:20 PM, gutsman004 said:

Lots of coin spent on all that. Lots.... But when you make a lot and/or have sweet hookups you can make things happen!

Hell you could partner up with Bronty and the Atari fan guy (Atarifan2 on NA I think) who had a lot of game art and open up a video game art museum.

I think his house is the museum at this point 🤣

• Haha 1