IGNORED

Hello Fellow Gamers

Hello everyone. I'm a long-time gamer, first time poster hailing from the Pacific Northwest (Portland). I've been playing games since the NES, with my first memories being of Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, and Mike Tyson's Punch Out for the NES. Throughout the years I've amassed a modest collection of games. I've been lugging them around from place to place as I've moved throughout the years. And although I've finally settled into a home that I'm buying, I'm considering selling my collection due to cash flow concerns. I don't have anything super rare, my most valuable item I think is a boxed complete Chrono Trigger in excellent condition. I would love any advice on whether I should sell everything as one lot, or sell things individually or in a set (for example, Dragon Warrior 1,2,3, and 4 as a set). I also have some games from other systems that I'm looking to sell. I apologize if this is the wrong board to discuss this, I'm new to this.

Events Helper · Posted

This is the perfect board to discuss this on!  Welcome.  Start a FS/FO thread.  Many people here have them.  Also let people know if cart only, cib, etc.  Hell i might be your first buyer if u have something i need/want and it is cib 🙂  Anyways, welcome and enjoy this place.

Unfortunately I don't have that. I've done a quick and dirty analysis on pricecharting.com with the majority being my NES games, then a few boxed SNES games, and some random PlayStation, Genesis, and other random stuff. I have a bunch of PlayStation games in the garage and other stuff I haven't entered into Price Charting yet. So as of right now with what I've entered my collection is valued at $4,800. Like I said, I'm looking to liquidate a lot of it. Should this be moved to a different forum or not (not even sure if forum is the right word) for the general discussion of how to liquidate a collection.

I would think this is ok for this particular discussion, but I am also not a moderator so it is not up to me.

There's no perfect way of doing it, but I sold off 300-400 games a couple years ago and what I did was listed everything on this forum with pics for 25% off of gvn (which is similar to vgpc) and buyer pays shipping. I then sold everything that was left in bite-size lots on Ebay. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I would think this is ok for this particular discussion, but I am also not a moderator so it is not up to me.

There's no perfect way of doing it, but I sold off 300-400 games a couple years ago and what I did was listed everything on this forum with pics for 25% off of gvn (which is similar to vgpc) and buyer pays shipping. I then sold everything that was left in bite-size lots on Ebay. 

Damn, you were on this forum years before it existed? 😛

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Good ole' gloves, btw did u ever find the little ninja bros.?  And also @Rydub  https://www.videogamesage.com/forum/37-selling/  This is the selling forum.  Create a topic in there and you can list all of your stuff.  But yes, you can ask all the questions you want here, as far as i know.

Edited by Jeevan

Sorry for the naïveté, but can I list non-Nintendo games on the selling forum? Also, if I post games/lots for sale, are these transactions private, i.e. not going through Ebay? I would think if the middleman Ebay could be cut out the savings of their fee could be split between buyer and seller, for a win-win.

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Good ole' gloves, btw did u ever find the little ninja bros.?  And also @Rydub  https://www.videogamesage.com/forum/37-selling/  This is the selling forum.  Create a topic in there and you can list all of your stuff.  But yes, you can ask all the questions you want here, as far as i know.

Still lookin. 

5 minutes ago, Rydub said:

Sorry for the naïveté, but can I list non-Nintendo games on the selling forum? Also, if I post games/lots for sale, are these transactions private, i.e. not going through Ebay? I would think if the middleman Ebay could be cut out the savings of their fee could be split between buyer and seller, for a win-win.

This isn't a strictly Nintendo forum by any means, you can post whatever video game related items you like in the for sale section. 

And yes, the transactions are private, no fees or anything. We simply provide a platform for you to interact with potential buyers, sales are to be handled through PayPal (or whatever form of payment both parties agree to). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rydub said:

You can list any video games you want! And yes,  it would be a private sale, completely separate from Ebay

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Still lookin. 

This isn't a strictly Nintendo forum by any means, you can post whatever video game related items you like in the for sale section. 

And yes, the transactions are private, no fees or anything. We simply provide a platform for you to interact with potential buyers, sales are to be handled through PayPal (or whatever form of payment both parties agree to). 

Also, there is a garage sale area.  https://www.videogamesage.com/forum/85-collectibles-garage-sale/  Don't know if you wanna sell computer stuff, toys, whatever, but there is that option as well.  Just read guidelines for full rules and regs. for the site 🙂