IGNORED

new to wii

zachjay

my brother just picked up a wii for me for christmas. never had one before and looking for the "must buys" for the system. 

I've always been a fan of jrpgs, playing most of the ff series, chrono trigger/cross, xenogears. mario has always been a favorite. never really got into zelda (somehow). 

I'm also a big fan of the wii sports and "action" type games. looking to get a fishing/hunting game to play with my wife and friends after a few too many beers. I was also wondering if any of the lego games were worth picking up? it seems GameStop has a buy 2 get 2 free preowned games going on until Sunday, so I'd probably be capitalizing on that. 

sorry if I'm a bit disjointed. it's scotch.

thanks!

Resident Evil 4 is a blast on wii. Its the best version. Probably one of my top 10-15 games all time

others worth getting besides the obvious (ex . mario galaxy 1 and 2)

No More Heroes 1 and 2

Sin and Punishment

Litle Kings Story

Punch-Out

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Wario Land Shake It (Love the art in this one)

Metroid Prime 3 (well you could just get the trilogy and get this in that one)

Zack and Wiki

Boom Blox

Excitebots  Trick Racing

Klonoa

Dead Space Extraction

There are a lot of solid titles for the wii. Tried to list affordable cheap enough ones for you. Stuff youd see used at a gamestop.

If you like RPGs you can get xenoblade chronicles or fire emblem radiant dawn. I dont know what xenoblade goes for now its probably lower than it was since this game was rereleased, but I know fire emblem is kind of expensive now.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Resident Evil 4 is a blast on wii. Its the best version. Probably one of my top 10-15 games all time

No More Heroes 1 and 2

Sin and Punishment

Litle Kings Story

Punch-Out

Zack and Wiki

Boom Blox

Excitebots  Trick Racing

Klonoa

Dead Space Extraction

There are a lot of solid titles for the wii. Tried to list affordable cheap enough ones for you. Stuff youd see used at a gamestop.

If you like RPGs you can get xenoblade chronicles or fire emblem radiant dawn. I dont know what xenoblade goes for now its probably lower than it was since this game was rereleased, but I know fire emblem is kind of expensive now.

This is great. I’ll definitely look for a few of these titles today. Boom blox seems to be a good option, plus it’s basically free.99

Railgun games had a minor Renaissance on the Wii, the last hurrah for that genre. If you're interested in exploring that genre on the Wii, I'd recommend checking out:

• House of the Dead: Overkill
  • House of the Dead 2 & 3
  • Dead Space Extraction
  • Ghost Squad
  • Gunblade NY & LA collection
  • Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
  • Sin & Punishment
  • Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 (has a railgun mode)
  • Cabela also put out a bunch of hunting games on the Wii of varying quality

Sega Bass Fishing has a decent port to the Wii, the Wiimote emulating the old Dreamcast fishing controller.

Edited by Teh_Lurv
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

No More Heroes 1 and 2

Sin and Punishment

Litle Kings Story

Punch-Out

Zack and Wiki

Boom Blox

Excitebots  Trick Racing

Klonoa

Dead Space Extraction

Zack and Wiki is amazing. The final puzzle is a little obtuse, but the rest of the game is almost perfectly balanced. My wife never plays any video games, but has asked multiple times about a Zack and Wiki sequel.

2 hours ago, Estil said:

You should consider doing the Wii Homebrew thing.  It's Nintendon't program that allows it to function as a GameCube Everdrive (you did the a GC ready Wii, right???) is truly a God send.  Now if only doing that for PS1 was that easy...

not sure. It was a gift so I didn’t specify. I do have a GameCube lying around somewhere, but without cords or controllers. I’ll look into it

7 hours ago, Estil said:

If it's GC ready it should have on one side of the Wii a black panel with four GC controller ports and the two memory card slots, you can't miss it.

it has that. I just bought some replacement panels cuz the one covering the controller slot doesn’t attach correctly/looks like the clips are sheared off lol

Must haves:

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: one of the best Vs games ever released that will almost certainly never have another port due to the resiculous licensing involved. This game paved the way for MVC3 but in many ways, I like this better.

Muramasa: my favorite Vanillaware game. Superior port on Vita but unless you're gonna shell out $300+ for a legacy system, the Wii port is economical and the gameplay and presentation is so gorgeous.

Sonic Colors: probably the best modern Sonic game, even over generations. An entire game of fast, awesome Sonic action and level design with some killer graphics and soundtrack.

muramasa-the-demon-blade-20090402032017941_640w.jpg

Edited by Startyde

Here's a few suggestions for the Wii I didn't see yet:

Alien Syndrome

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Battalion Wars 2

Bit. Trip Complete

A Boy and His Blob

Castle of Shikigami III

Cursed Mountain

Dawn of Discovery

Dokapon Kingdom

Endless Ocean: Blue World

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Fishing Resort

FlingSmash

Fortune Street

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Ghost Squad

Go Vacation

Heavenly Guardian

Ivy the Kiwi?

Kirby's Dream Collection

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Lost in Shadow

Mad World

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Metroid Other M

MiniCopter: Adventure Flight

Octomania

One Piece Unlimited Adventure

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands

Red Steel 2

Rhythm Heaven Fever

Samurai Showdown Anthology

SNK Arcade Classic Vol. 1

Super Paper Mario

Tetris Party Deluxe

Trauma Team: Second Opinion

Trauma Center

Wii Party

Check out some Youtube videos on these games to see if they're up your alley. Most of these games are cheap to acquire. I love the Wii!

Edited by Trifecta