IGNORED

Sonic 3's 30th Anniversary

If I have time, I will try to pop it in and play it tonight (most likely the Genesis version on the Mega Sg).  I always preferred Sonic 2 over 3, but 3 is still a great game.

The other question to ask is, do you play it by itself, or locked on to S&K?

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:48 AM, TDIRunner said:

If I have time, I will try to pop it in and play it tonight (most likely the Genesis version on the Mega Sg).  I always preferred Sonic 2 over 3, but 3 is still a great game.

The other question to ask is, do you play it by itself, or locked on to S&K?

I think it's valid to play through just the Sonic 3 portion if you're in the mood for a quick gaming fix. Snap on the &K for the full course treatment.

And, for the REAL degenerates among us, fire up Sonic and Knuckles solo, like the animal you are! 🤣

• Agree 1

I replayed S3 to completion in 2022. In hindsight, Sonic 3 was ridiculously easy compared to 1, 2, and CD. It was also full of "blast processing"-esque flash over substance moments. It's weird how much Sonic 3 shares in common with the far less favored sequels in the 2000s and onward. If I could name one key difference, it's that Sonic 3 feels more like a 2D action game you have control over, which also happens to have many gratuitous cool moments, whereas some later games might as well be roller coasters.

Also, I hate the ending of Launch Base. Riding in eggman's dumb turd floater takes almost a full minute of in-game clock time, which I learned can and will kill you for time over. Just feels like a bad idea, though as we know Sonic 3 had a few bad ideas...

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-3-Carnival-Night-Zone