IGNORED

2 sealed mega man 10 press kits cheap!

Nes Freak

this has been on my list for awhile now.  i ran across these in vegas at retro city games.  so why did i buy both?  they were 250 each. so i figured i just resell one of them.  or maybe i should get them graded.  i dont know. im never been fond of grading stuff like this. opinions?

i know these were unofficial nintendoage exclusives and not made by capcom.  the owner of the stores knew the person that made these.  thats why he had them.

anyways im happy with my purchase!  first show off in awile too.

WIN_20240126_21_05_24_Pro.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Weird, someone approached me recently about this and came across a sealed "Special Edition" copy marked 0/10 (or was it 0/25?)

They wanted to know if it was worth anything, and I said I'd ask @Ferris Bueller but I think he hasn't logged in for a bit.

He was on here 8 hours ago.

39 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Wait. NintendoAge exclusive?

There was no Capcom kit to go along with the MM9 one. This was made by NA member millerjm2. The original price was $40. It included the box, "a 20-page game manual, and a split-open cartridge case intended to house the game's soundtrack."

(soundtrack also had no official product and was a playlist millerjm2 put together. The idea was you would burn your own CD.)

image.jpeg.94e6c77dc21872f2e81c102951b27545.jpeg

source: https://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/02/unofficial-mega-man-10-press-kit-is.html

https://www.destructoid.com/mega-fan-creates-an-unofficial-mega-man-10-press-kit/

On 1/27/2024 at 12:31 AM, ThePhleo said:

Weird, someone approached me recently about this and came across a sealed "Special Edition" copy marked 0/10 (or was it 0/25?)

They wanted to know if it was worth anything, and I said I'd ask @Ferris Bueller but I think he hasn't logged in for a bit.

I reached out to John to see what he had to say about the runs and numbers. My convention was last weekend and I'm still worn out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

How much interest is there for something made by a guy with no connection to the source material?

To be honest, that one of the reason i never got one when they came out.  but its gotten some value to them over the years.  The art work is cool and looks legit so maybe thats why?  I dont know.

9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

How much interest is there for something made by a guy with no connection to the source material?

6 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

To be honest, that one of the reason i never got one when they came out.  but its gotten some value to them over the years.  The art work is cool and looks legit so maybe thats why?  I dont know.

I used to feel along the same lines as you guys, but something happened about a week or so back, where I ended up getting some reproduction cartridges of games I already own the originals of. It was a slightly different situation, as they were made by someone who had worked on the games, but he had no rights to make these reproductions, etc etc etc. That said I found these were really neat pieces that I will treasure in my collection. I similarly own a few modern game hacks from people in the community, and again I treasure those cartridges despite them being modern game hacks, not homebrew, not 90s stuff.

Such items sort of made me change my attitude towards collecting a bit, especially considering I have more games than I'll ever need, paired with the fact that finding items I don't have for the machines I truly collect (i.e. not just opportunistic collecting fodder) is quite a rarity by now. Some of this fan-made stuff is great, even if it isn't official, especially if it's tied somehow to the community in which you've spent countless hours of time. If it was just random Joe Blow on feebay I'd likely feel different.

I saw these on eBay years ago, and thought they were cool. I knew they weren't actually from Capcom, but still thought they would look nice on display with a Mega Man 9 Press Kit.

I remember some other fan-made items from NintendoAge users, like that Rad Racer black box and manual cover. I think someone also made an Ice Hockey black box, IIRC. Also, the cartridge containing the demo of Super Bat Puncher.

• Like 1