IGNORED

Song Debate #4: Edge of Seventeen / Holiday Road

Rate 'em  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Edge of Seventeen

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Among the best.
    • 8/10 - Great song. You'll recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - Competing with Lil Xan and Blood on the Dance Floor
  2. 2. Holiday Road

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Among the best.
    • 8/10 - Great song. You'll recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - Competing with Lil Xan and Blood on the Dance Floor

Just about every year we drive to Florida, which from my house is approximately 12 hours.  I like to be able to listen to music for the entire trip without hearing the same thing twice, but also only listening to music I like.   Because of this, I have a song playlist through Spotify that is around 15 hours long. Most of my votes for these song debates will probably be based off whether I would want the song on that playlist or not.  

In this case, both songs are enjoyable, but not great enough for me to include on my playlist.  Obviously Holiday Road gives me nostalgia for the Family Vacation movie, but again, not enough that I want to listen to it on my road trips.  

Moderator · Posted

7 for Stevie 5 for Lindsey

The video of Stevie singing Silver Springs to Lindsey is one of my favorite music moments of all time. She straight up stares daggers through his soul, but he doesn’t back down an inch. Plus incredible harmonies between the two plus Christine make for a great scene. Starts around the 4:20 mark.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

You've never seen National Lampoon's Vacation? 

Remedy that now. Like, before you even take your next breath. 😡

Yeah I’ve seen it and watch every few years at Christmas. Don’t remember the song in it though, guess my mind blocked out the song 😆 which scene is it in?

7 hours ago, Brickman said:

Yeah I’ve seen it and watch every few years at Christmas. Don’t remember the song in it though, guess my mind blocked out the song 😆 which scene is it in?

Wait, are you talking Christmas Vacation?

I mean the original Vacation. Where they travel to the Disneyland stand-in in the Truckster. As Reed said, that song is constantly played. It's also the opening credits song.

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Wait, are you talking Christmas Vacation?

I mean the original Vacation. Where they travel to the Disneyland stand-in in the Truckster. As Reed said, that song is constantly played. It's also the opening credits song.

Oh! Haven't seen that one. I've seen Christmas, Europe and Las Vegas. I'll have to check it out.

I've never heard either of these songs before, and I can tell I haven't missed much. Ended up stopping both of them halfway through. First one is not very good, and I think the second one qualifies as "pretty crappy".

Edited by Sumez

12 hours ago, Brickman said:

Oh! Haven't seen that one. I've seen Christmas, Europe and Las Vegas. I'll have to check it out.

Geez, you missed the best one. 

Christmas is a close second (and one of the best straightforward Christmas movies), but you have to see the first one. 

I never cared much for Europe and Vegas, but the 2015 remake is actually surprisingly good (not as good as the first or Christmas, but worth a watch.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

All I know is the chorus are there even other words in the song lmao

There's like two verses with two lines. I know one has "Jack be nimble." Then the chorus a billion times, then dogs barking.