IGNORED

FO: Timewalk Stadium events brand new! Price lowered!

Johnnyboy113

Have this up for sale on eBay as well but will sell for less on here. Rather see someone on here get this.
 Pricecharting has it at 3k in case anyone was curious. Shrink wrapped all around except the top (how I got it) but is still sticker sealed.

Price is now $2500 or best offer. 
PM with serious offers please. Thanks

IMG_6779.jpeg

IMG_6780.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg

IMG_6782.jpeg

IMG_6783.jpeg

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_6785.jpeg

IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

IMG_6788.jpeg

Edited by Johnnyboy113

• The title was changed to FO: Timewalk Stadium events brand new!
16 minutes ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

Maybe I am missing something here, but what makes the timewalk stuff special? Did they have some kinda deal with Bandai?

Seems like a normal repro to me.

It’s pretty much just a normal repro but I think they were one of the first companies to make it all nice and have boxes and stuff. You don’t also see much of their stuff come up for sale anymore, so it’s like cult status I guess

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

Maybe I am missing something here, but what makes the timewalk stuff special? Did they have some kinda deal with Bandai?

Seems like a normal repro to me.

I was a bit late to collecting timewalk stuff as they closed a few months after I started. I’m guessing because the releases were limited and the fact they closed it drove up prices. As far as this one I know only 150 were made. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyboy113 said:

I was a bit late to collecting timewalk stuff as they closed a few months after I started. I’m guessing because the releases were limited and the fact they closed it drove up prices. As far as this one I know only 150 were made. 

I dunno man the Zelda’s on eBay sealed for like $400-$500 bucks which is a way cooler name brand than stadium events. Of course there is that homebrew nut job trying to hock other titles for thousands of dollars (I really wish he would take his listings down). $3k seems high but you already have 4 watchers so who knows

Edited by a3quit4s

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

I dunno man the ones can find the Zelda’s on eBay sealed for like $400-$500 bucks which is a way cooler name brand than stadium events. Of course there is that homebrew nut job trying to hock another titles for thousands of dollars (I really wish he would take his listings down). $3k seems high but you already have 4 watchers so who knows

Pricecharting has it as sold for 3k and that’s the only sale I could find on this one. Prices isn’t set in stone so anyone can offer if they’d like. I’m guessing because it’s the only stadium events cib repro I know of and the fact timewalk did a limited run. I do know when these were released some of them were resold for around $400 back in 2012 I believe 

Timewalk was the company that also made the licensed, gold DuckTales repros that came in lunch box tins.

To my knowledge, they are the most expensive/sought after repros in existence, and though I wouldn’t want to pay $5-10k for one, it’d definitely be a highlight of my collection if I found one.

Anyway, Timewalk licensed a few other games from CAPCOM to reproduce.  They made various games in a way that almost legitimized repro making because the quality of some of there items (and this might be one of them) were quite high, although I’ve heard that some of their releases were trash.

The only items I’d personally be interested in are the gold DuckTales, and any fan translations that were given nice carts, packaging, manuals and maps.  They did that for FF V, which I think is cool.  Still, if a CIB copy came my way, I wouldn’t want to pay more than $100 and it’s extremely low ball, but if I had the cash, I’d drop $1,000 for a Gold DuckTales with it’s case.

But that’s my opinion. Others look at Timewalk differently and as I l’ve pointed out in the past, their heyday was long before the late, great Wata boom so Timewalk stuff is almost entirely off the radar of all the new collectors that have flooded in with money.  The people that might be interested in this are collectors who’ve been around a while and most of those have obtained all they want of this type of stuff.  It makes it really hard to price.

GLWS, OP.  Hopefully you find someone who wants to give you 4-figures for this.  It’s not me, but I realistically could see someone out their willing to pay for this if they really want it and have been searching for years for one.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, RH said:

Timewalk was the company that also made the licensed, gold DuckTales repros that came in lunch box tins.

To my knowledge, they are the most expensive/sought after repros in existence, and though I wouldn’t want to pay $5-10k for one, it’d definitely be a highlight of my collection if I found one.

Anyway, Timewalk licensed a few other games from CAPCOM to reproduce.  They made various games in a way that almost legitimized repro making because the quality of some of there items (and this might be one of them) were quite high, although I’ve heard that some of their releases were trash.

The only items I’d personally be interested in are the gold DuckTales, and any fan translations that were given nice carts, packaging, manuals and maps.  They did that for FF V, which I think is cool.  Still, if a CIB copy came my way, I wouldn’t want to pay more than $100 and it’s extremely low ball, but if I had the cash, I’d drop $1,000 for a Gold DuckTales with it’s case.

But that’s my opinion. Others look at Timewalk differently and as I l’ve pointed out in the past, their heyday was long before the late, great Wata boom so Timewalk stuff is almost entirely off the radar of all the new collectors that have flooded in with money.  The people that might be interested in this are collectors who’ve been around a while and most of those have obtained all they want of this type of stuff.  It makes it really hard to price.

GLWS, OP.  Hopefully you find someone who wants to give you 4-figures for this.  It’s not me, but I realistically could see someone out their willing to pay for this if they really want it and have been searching for years for one.

Hey lucky for you that crazy Canadian is selling the duck tales promo with lunchbox for a mere $45,000!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275770343226?hash=item4035317f3a:g:lHAAAOSwaAhkJ7em&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwJgYOJXrLPmNX36TeHbr9fYy4SpRaaWEp41ha%2Feni0AWwgvqWcvRxjFiOaS8ELWq8pYGkQdEdTEL%2B%2BEeKkNWzQT4oVvyB3iekKa1pB0cyRyPIi5f1uczatD%2FQgq841ENQxxpK2%2By6yyG7A1QKXJQL%2Fy%2FpoBWxzpMCtv270WZmF9ZRxRVD%2BB7ZCDdAwT6JomIU7zjBKu%2BO1u0Q6gX6k1Kwa8ZMYq2SGD7YsoCDS9M5nM7FSDrCsiMUjq3AVNgofDKpw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5aO476eYw

Or best offer 🤣😂

• Wow! 1

21 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

So I guess that’s the guy you mentioned to me before. He actually sold a bunch of my releases awhile ago for way more than even I expected. 

48 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

:generous eye-roll:

I'm amazed at what some people think their items can command.  Granted, he says this is numbered 0/150, which means this might have been a unit kept by the owner of Timewalk.  That might add a bit of provenance but my gut guess is the most, anyone, out there might be willing to pay for one of these now is $10k.  Not me but... maybe... someone?  A HUGE DuckTales fan, who missed the boat and hit the lottery might give it $12k, but $45k is a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, RH said:

:generous eye-roll:

I'm amazed at what some people think their items can command.  Granted, he says this is numbered 0/150, which means this might have been a unit kept by the owner of Timewalk.  That might add a bit of provenance but my gut guess is the most, anyone, out there might be willing to pay for one of these now is $10k.  Not me but... maybe... someone?  A HUGE DuckTales fan, who missed the boat and hit the lottery might give it $12k, but $45k is a pipe dream.

You should see the rest of the stuff he has listed. His homebrew collection is legit but those prices say I’m not actually trying to sell anything

Moderator · Posted
4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

You should see the rest of the stuff he has listed. His homebrew collection is legit but those prices say I’m not actually trying to sell anything

I messaged him a couple of times and tried to make some genuine offers, and he basically said if I was serious I would meet him close to his asking price. Apparently denial really ain't just a river in Egypt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I messaged him a couple of times and tried to make some genuine offers, and he basically said if I was serious I would meet him close to his asking price. Apparently denial really ain't just a river in Egypt.

I tried once and that was that lmao

My guess is that for some of these guys "everything's for sale" but many items have a price that comes no where close to the market.

So, for this guy, he loves his collection but if you really, really want one of his 2x homebrew NWCs, you can pay the price of a legit one for it.

The real questioned I'd like to ask this guy is, have you sold any of your inventory, ever, at those prices?  He has a ton of homebrew stuff and I don't think I saw anything fair.  His Starkeeper might have gotten the closest to acceptable, but even that's way over priced, just not as over priced as other items. 

Regardless, why go through the process to list 100 items on eBay at prices they won't ever move at?  Even if that's his personal "make me sale" price, who's going to buy that stuff?  Any of it?

I'm pretty sure TimeWalk was the only repro company that cared about the integrity of the cardboard and got the closed of any repro maker maybe to date to the original look and feel of the cardboard. From what I remember of my TW games, it wasn't even close between competitors.

Edit: here it is. Open any of your other repro or homebrew boxes and I will wager none have this color inside.

Screenshot_20240111_112618_eBay.jpg.d684553ab7b1a9de729318115d5df0bd.jpg

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 5:00 AM, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

Maybe I am missing something here, but what makes the timewalk stuff special?

Their mystique is mostly because they were one of the first repro makers to really go all in and make it look professional, as opposed to what some dude in his crafts room would make. This was before the big repro boom of about ten years or so ago.  If they were making their stuff a few years later, the reception would be decidedly more chilly.

It is what it is, (some) people decided they have value, so... 

Good luck with the sale, Johnnyboy113. 

Edited by Tulpa
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Their mystique is mostly because they were one of the first repro makers to really go all in and make it look professional, as opposed to what some dude in his crafts room would make. This was before the big repro boom of about ten years or so ago.  If they were making their stuff a few years later, the reception would be decidedly more chilly.

It is what it is, (some) people decided they have value, so... 

Good luck with the sale, Johnnyboy113. 

If memory serves this particular release did receive a pretty chilly reception even back then.  Their other stuff was translations/hacks, stuff that wasn't released.  

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, there was some dissent, but I also remember there was a lot of "HEY, AFFORDABLE STADIUM EVENTS, YAY!" chatter going on. 

Yep and that’s exactly why I bought this years ago. I knew I wasn’t going to get a cib stadium events so what was the next best thing to put on the shelf as a placeholder, PAL stadium event cib was more then this was back then so why not the timewalk version.