IGNORED

FO: Timewalk Stadium events brand new! Price lowered!

Johnnyboy113

On 1/10/2024 at 3:33 PM, a3quit4s said:

I shit you not he just sent out an offer to me for $3,500 if you want it lol

Don't get confused, is it $3,500 or "$3,500 Off!" I've seen insanely priced items in the past and got thrown off by that in the email title.  There was one of those brass Nintendo Employee of the Year Mario statues.  the guy wanted something like $30k for the thing, so when I saw "Offer: $1,000 off" my mind just saw "Offer: $1,000" and I almost intended to bite on it.

But no, not for $29k,.

1 hour ago, RH said:

Don't get confused, is it $3,500 or "$3,500 Off!" I've seen insanely priced items in the past and got thrown off by that in the email title.  There was one of those brass Nintendo Employee of the Year Mario statues.  the guy wanted something like $30k for the thing, so when I saw "Offer: $1,000 off" my mind just saw "Offer: $1,000" and I almost intended to bite on it.

But no, not for $29k,.

Nope it was 3,500 I sent him a counter offer for like $1,500 and he sent it back at $3,250 so we weren’t gonna make a deal lol

In terms of community lore and early repro / homebrew stuff, these will have value. People are quick to dismiss it now but hopefully if @Ferris Bueller ever writes a book about early NES homebrew / repro history, then other people will realize the significance.

For those as myself lucky enough to see the growth of this stuff from the start, those were exciting times. And the progressions of homebrew and repro were quite parallel for awhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

People are quick to dismiss it now but hopefully if @Ferris Bueller ever writes a book about early NES homebrew / repro history, then other people will realize the significance.

I haven't had a chance to get into the Aftermarket Archive stuff recently due to having a kid and just overall being swamped with projects I'm trying to get done, but I did have time to contribute to the Video Game Collector's Guide by Tristan Ibarra being published by Wittenhagen. There will be a full list with pictures of Timewalk's CIB releases, minus the two proofs I don't have copies of. 

If you are in possession of Mario Kart R (artist proof) by Timewalk on the SNES or Sweet Home (Capcom Proof) on the NES, let me know!

Link to book: https://www.vgcollectorguide.com/post/about-the-video-game-collector-s-field-guide-1

• Like 2

On 1/11/2024 at 2:38 PM, fsped09 said:

I haven't seen any of these in a long time, am I the only one with the foil/rainbow version of this?  (also sealed :classic_smile:)image.jpeg

Pretty sure I have one of the foil versions as well.\

On 1/11/2024 at 2:38 PM, fsped09 said:

I haven't seen any of these in a long time, am I the only one with the foil/rainbow version of this?  (also sealed :classic_smile:)

I've got copies of both.   😉

Not surprising in the least.

• The title was changed to FO: Timewalk Stadium events brand new! Price lowered!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Timewalk was the first company that made me want to make homebrew myself.  If I had a job at the time, I would have bought all their releases.  I even emailed them back and forth to see if they would accept some of my donor carts in trade.

I'd love a copy of Parallel Worlds or New Punch out someday...

11 hours ago, Rudybegga said:

Timewalk was the first company that made me want to make homebrew myself.  If I had a job at the time, I would have bought all their releases.  I even emailed them back and forth to see if they would accept some of my donor carts in trade.

I'd love a copy of Parallel Worlds or New Punch out someday...

I actually had their new punch out sealed years ago. I forgot I did till you mentioned it lol. Btw did you clear out your inbox ? I messaged you months ago lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...