IGNORED

The Monkey Island market has absolutely exploded !!!

Screenshot-from-2024-01-02-03-38-41.png

Honestly, I'm a bit shocked that an ungraded MAC game sold for over $4200 -- wow! I rarely see graded console games go for that amount, and this is the most expensive "computer" game I have ever seen sold on eBay. Granted, this is not just any game but a true classic and one of the most influential games of all time. It's nice to see that such non-console games are receiving the love and attention they deserve 🙂

Also, for those of us that are old enough to have had these games... who would have thought 😭

• Wow! 2

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Still pissed my parents made me get rid of my big box PC game boxes and such because "they take up space". Bitch it was in my room!

There’s some hard to find big box/small box PC games like this, but I have found that mostly they’re pretty cheap. It’s not that bad to rebuild a collection.

For the most part, PC games never really took off like console stuff. Although, now I’ve said that they probably will 😆

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Brickman said:

There’s some hard to find big box/small box PC games like this, but I have found that mostly they’re pretty cheap. It’s not that bad to rebuild a collection.

For the most part, PC games never really took off like console stuff. Although, now I’ve said that they probably will 😆

Some of the games I want and have searches saved for are a bit expensive, at the least too expensive for my unemployed ass right now, which is unfortunate.

My main wants right now:

• Chasm: The Rift
  • Might and Magic 6 & 8 (have 7)
  • Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
  • Realms of the Haunting

Honestly just that small handful and I'm happy. I know the BG games aren't expensive, but the nice condition copies I've seen of Chasm and Realms have been $200+ so far. I'll continue keeping an eye though; I was patient for years with Might and Magic 7 and ended up getting an incredibly mint copy (plus a mint Icewind Dale) for $50.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Some of the games I want and have searches saved for are a bit expensive, at the least too expensive for my unemployed ass right now, which is unfortunate.

My main wants right now:

• Chasm: The Rift
  • Might and Magic 6 & 8 (have 7)
  • Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
  • Realms of the Haunting

Honestly just that small handful and I'm happy. I know the BG games aren't expensive, but the nice condition copies I've seen of Chasm and Realms have been $200+ so far. I'll continue keeping an eye though; I was patient for years with Might and Magic 7 and ended up getting an incredibly mint copy (plus a mint Icewind Dale) for $50.

Are you looking for sealed or in any condition? I know complete copies of MM 6,7,8 are easy to find. Sealed copies, not so much.

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Are you looking for sealed or in any condition? I know complete copies of MM 6,7,8 are easy to find. Sealed copies, not so much.

Complete, but in good condition. Condition was most important on 7, though.

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Complete, but in good condition. Condition was most important on 7, though.

I have MM7 and 8 with manuals, but no boxes 😞

Still, if you want them, they're yours. No charge, apart from paying actual shipping.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I have MM7 and 8 with manuals, but no boxes 😞

Still, if you want them, they're yours. No charge, apart from paying actual shipping.

I really appreciate the offer, but it's largely about the display for these guys; the intent is to set up an area of the house with a retro PC setup (I have the PC, need a monitor etc.) and have the boxes displayed on the wall. I have playable discs, it's just my parents made me throw out those beautiful boxes. T_T

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gloves said:

Still pissed my parents made me get rid of my big box PC game boxes and such because "they take up space". Bitch it was in my room!

Man, living at home is such a drag.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Lol I just checked and I'd not have even seen that one cuz they don't ship to Canada. My life in a nutshell, man.

I totally blame ebay. Their domestic (USA) policy is a seller can refuse to accept returns. Of course, if the item arrives damaged, etc. the buyer can file a claim. However, intentionally, a seller from the USA automatically has to accept a return regardless the reason. Hence, tons of sellers have stopped shipping outside the USA 😕

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I totally blame ebay. Their domestic (USA) policy is a seller can refuse to accept returns. Of course, if the item arrives damaged, etc. the buyer can file a claim. However, intentionally, a seller from the USA automatically has to accept a return regardless the reason. Hence, tons of sellers have stopped shipping outside the USA 😕

Damn I gotta stop shipping to Canada

• Sad 1

Go back about 3-4 years ago I had a big shelf loaded with DOS/Win (up to about 2000 era) big box games.  They either are hot or cold, and if they are hot they get stupid, very stupid to levels of magnitude if the franchise is big, if it has crazy stuff in the box, or if it just never got another release ever over licensing bs or whatever.  I kept a few things of what was there, at times felt maybe I sliced one or two too many like the old Trek click games(kept the amazing novella guides though.)  One that was a biggie to me was SImpsons Arcade it's costly, not 1000s but still sucks.  Another huge one I kept all along since purchase is my talkie CD release of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and it's in great shape too, kind of wondering if it'll go nuts given the source.  Wing Commander Deluxe is another gem of an option has all the big huge blueprints of all the ships in there, the Claw Marks full on magazine/game guide thing, and more.  I'm sure someone will snark, got a complete boxed up Knights of Xentar, best JRPG of the dos era we got, even if it's eechi even without the 17+ patch, and a sealed up Power Dolls (Same company, no eechi.)  There's a few others, some didn't have boxes.

• Like 1