IGNORED

Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 50/388

Editorials Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

Took me a looooong moment before I realized (a) this is the credits, not the final puzzle, and (b) they probably don't mean this Neil S. Plakcy, because...😳

Dude, maybe. Do a ctrl+f for "Fortune" on this blog entry: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/126217.Neil_S_Plakcy/blog?page=6

I'm looking for a more definite connection since he's credited for "question database" but the blog only says testing, but like, maybe!

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted

As for people getting points for completed games, I'm ok with reducing the point values by half after each game has been beaten. Then how about it stays at half forever? If you ain't first, you're last. And I don't want to be giving out quarter-points. 😆

31 minutes ago, Splain said:

Dude, maybe. Do a ctrl+f for "Fortune" on this blog entry: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/126217.Neil_S_Plakcy/blog?page=6

I'm looking for a more definite connection since he's credited for "question database" but the blog only says testing, but like, maybe!

Holy schnikes, I think you're right! I was doing family things and didn't pursue the lead as you did. In less than a decade he went from testing Wheel of Fortune to, uh, something rather different. That Wikipedia article certainly doesn't bury the lede.

I totally thought he was the final puzzle, and actually asked my wife "Who's Neil Plakcy?", expecting her to say he's a famous author I should know.

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Splain said:

As for people getting points for completed games, I'm ok with reducing the point values by half after each game has been beaten. Then how about it stays at half forever? If you ain't first, you're last. And I don't want to be giving out quarter-points. 😆

I would say that it halves and 1 point would be the lowest anyone could get.....

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Splain said:

I don't see any issue with this, certainly makes the math and work involved simpler. I was thinking you'd round to the nearest whole number rounded down, then stop at 1, but halving once and leaving it there works too; certainly more rewarding your way.

• The title was changed to Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 32/388
  • The title was changed to Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 37/388

Does anyone know if Mia Hamm Soccer 64 has an ending in U.S. League Season mode? I don't know how many games are in a season in this hypothetical league, but I've beaten every team once and now it's started a second cycle (maybe I have to play every team at home and away?). I can't imagine it doesn't end, but only World Cup mode is documented on the web.

15 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Does anyone know if Mia Hamm Soccer 64 has an ending in U.S. League Season mode? I don't know how many games are in a season in this hypothetical league, but I've beaten every team once and now it's started a second cycle (maybe I have to play every team at home and away?). I can't imagine it doesn't end, but only World Cup mode is documented on the web.

That's a tough one. World Cup mode is the only way I've tried before. Bassmasters 64 doesn't have any kind of ending after a season either. It just starts the next season immediately after you win the Bassmaster classic. It may not have an ending your looking for...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nugfish said:

That's a tough one. World Cup mode is the only way I've tried before. Bassmasters 64 doesn't have any kind of ending after a season either. It just starts the next season immediately after you win the Bassmaster classic. It may not have an ending your looking for...

I'm tempted to keep going just to find out one way or another! The season is definitely still underway, at least.

Since Mia Hamm is just a reskinned Michael Owen's WLS 2000, PAL people might know whether League mode in that game has a fixed length? I can't find a manual scan for that game, though I do have one for Mia Hamm and it says nothing about it.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:09 PM, bronzeshield said:

I beat the US League season for Mia Hamm Soccer in the thread last year. I believe it was 2 games against each of 17 teams, so 34 total games.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

I beat the US League season for Mia Hamm Soccer in the thread last year. I believe it was 2 games against each of 17 teams, so 34 total games.

Aha, perfect. Thank you so much -- exactly what I'd hoped for. That means I'm halfway!

And, @Splain, I think this is definitely one to add to the guidelines with a more formal definition. "Beat World Cup mode (8 games) or U.S. League Season mode (34 games)".  Based on IceCreamMikey's playthrough, which has him at 6 games played after the quarterfinals, I think I'm correct about the 8 games for World Cup mode?

• Thanks 1