IGNORED

Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 50/388

6 hours ago, Splain said:

Yeah. I'll make it clearer when I get the list finished. I'll use the list shown in the thread below. Should we do 64DD stuff too?

I don't know, that feels like it should be it's own console, like the Sega CD is counted separately.  But it's up to the guys that are probably gonna play more than a couple games to decide how much they want to expand the list 😛

Editorials Team · Posted

Ok, got the list up and the Japanese stuff is JANKY. I'll probably bump the JPN titles down to a separate post/table so it doesn't look so bad. But it's a start. I'm going to use our 2023 data to help calculate point values for each title. You know, the thing I said I'd do like 6 months ago.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gloves said:

Just beat Wizpig in space on Diddy Kong Racing, so that's done and dusted. Honestly still one of my favourite games. The music especially, that shit's gonna be in my head for a week at least now.

image.png

I know we have said this many times and agree but I like to say it again for the MK64 fanboys. Diddy Kong Racing is superior to MK64!

• Angry 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Events Helper · Posted

As soon as i get my retrotink back im gonna start streaming some of the ones i have not played on the list.  Ill post a call list here of the ones i want to knock out this year. I wanna replay the zeldas, so if you can save those great, if anyone else wants to do them, ill play the regardless.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every Worldwide N64 Game - 2024/2025 - 27/389
Editorials Team · Posted

Baby steps. I calculated the point values based on clear order from previous years. 2023 finally gave us some really good data, even if it was skewed slightly because of the Claim Sheet. I should probably ask @scaryice for pointers on calculating those point values since I might have done it weird, lol. Japanese games are worth 5 points across the board, we can increase those point values if we want to. We had discussed adding premium points for the especially lengthy games like Starcraft and Ogre Battle, we can do that too if we can decide which games they should be.

Do we want to use the Claim Sheet again this year? We put that in place to help us coordinate our efforts and finally beat the library, but we can still do it if it's useful.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

@Splain I really like the idea of diminishing returns on beating games, but points for any game beaten. 

For example, if ZeldaFan042 beats Majora's Mask on Jan 1 (fuckin... AGAIN!), then nobody ever gets to play it FOR this thread but him. But what if he got full points for beating it, then the next person gets those points halved, then again until its 1 point, and everyone after gets one point. That's just an example top of my head for points distribution, but I think it's an interesting approach. 

It's less "can we beat all the games in a year" and more "who can beat the most/toughest?".

4 hours ago, Splain said:

Do we want to use the Claim Sheet again this year? 

I think we should.

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

if ZeldaFan042 beats Majora's Mask on Jan 1 (fuckin... AGAIN!)

Hey I left MM and OoT for someone else this year! (I did beat MM though haha)

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

what if he got full points for beating it, then the next person gets those points halved, then again until its 1 point, and everyone after gets one point.

I was thinking something similar where 1st clear gets full points, 2nd gets half points, 3rd gets quarter points