IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 663/677

I've started Might & Magic while I'm in the blobber mood, not that I think anyone else is itching to play it. You really are trash when you start out in this game. Accidentally trying to open a locked door or trapped loot bag the starter town can result in instant party wipe.

• Wow! 1

Finished Princess Tomato.  Also more tedious than I remembered, especially the 2nd to last level.  Biggest flaw in this game is you can "talk" to someone, and they give you some info, but you have to talk to them AGAIN, or check things/look at things multiple times without it being obvious.  The mazes are also a bit of a slog, but it was a PC game I think and that just came with the territory back then.  I suppose for a casual play it isn't so bad, but trying to finish it in one sitting is quite annoying.  Cute story and great characters though. 

On 1/6/2024 at 9:09 PM, WashYourFace said:

There are a few levels where you have to be pixel-perfect. When I beat it (see my signature), I swear there were some times when I didn't do anything different but for whatever reason the game gave a slightly different result. So there is a lot of luck involved as well. Unfortunately the NES version isn't very good. Good enough for a casual play, I guess, but glitchy and not play-tested. Lemmings 2 on SNES is a lot better, I think.

I got through the first 25 easily, and started to get bored with the next group, so I'm going to skip to Mayhem and just brute force to the end.

I actually got through the first 25 before realizing the "strategy" of pausing the game and moving your cursor instead of just white knuckling it 🤪

Just beat battletoads. This year it took me like 7 tries to get through, so I'm definitely very rusty. Got to the dark queen with all my continues and then proceeded to waste them all practicing how to beat her... thankfully I didn't game over, I would've... been very upset

20240109_183853.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 278/677

Ive been whittling down Darkman little by little.  I dunno why Im torturing myself.  Maybe because my mom bought it used for me as a kid, thinking she was doing something nice and man the game is so wonky and I felt bad for not really liking it.  I'm way better at the physics of the game but it really forces you to move thru the levels in an almost specific way.

10 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Karate Kid is done.  Frustrating as hell at points, but overall short and relatively easy.  I wouldn't call it terrible, but it's definitely not good.  It's just kinda...there.

Ah man, that reminds me of the time I went to my buddies house and we learned the game together in 2 player. 

4 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Man, I was at the last level of Rad Racer II and wanted to continue after a game over, but I accidentally pressed start instead of start + A, so I have to restart from level 1 again. This sucks. I'll continue tomorrow unless someone beats it in the meantime.

Less than 5 minutes ago (almost the exact same time) I just did the same thing with Adventure Island. Heartbreaking. I was on 7-3.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, McBryce said:

F-15 Strike Eagle is done

I actually really dug that one when I played it.  What'd you think about it?

20 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Man, I was at the last level of Rad Racer II and wanted to continue after a game over, but I accidentally pressed start instead of start + A, so I have to restart from level 1 again. This sucks. I'll continue tomorrow unless someone beats it in the meantime.

14 minutes ago, Khromak said:

Less than 5 minutes ago (almost the exact same time) I just did the same thing with Adventure Island. Heartbreaking. I was on 7-3.

The last time I played Predator I was like two or three levels from the end, when I hit "Start" instead of "Continue" on the title screen.  I like the game, but I haven't played it since because of that BS.

17 minutes ago, Khromak said:

Last year I left my console on all night at 8-4 and I had a power glitch or something and had to start over! Fortunately it wasn't too horrible getting back there. I love Adventure Island.

• Haha 1