IGNORED

The one of a kind thread

B.A.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, ALLKAPS said:

These may not be one of a kind, but they're pretty rare. LOtR Error disc (Disc plays Crash Twinsanity) and NHL 2K6 (disc plays Genji: Dawn of the Samurai) and a miscut cover.

RE Outbreak Public Beta is a bit rarer then some of the other PS2 Public betas out there. I've got a few others too.

Those are awesome - I love stuff like this!  I had no idea those errors were out there.   The only error disc I have is the PS1 Raiden Project that plays as Kileak.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have several 1-in-the-world items, but this is probably my favorite, since it encapsulates me as a collector -- Otaku Convention Otacon's "Big Boss" card.  I'm a bit hesitant to post it, as I brought it to a card shop in Beverly Hills for protection materials, and then 2 weeks later, someone starts trying  to sell a fake 1 of 1 "Big Boss" Sniper Wolf card from the same zip code (printed using internet images of Sniper Wolf).  They made a forgery to rip off collectors  -- someone bought it and then cancelled the sale when they realized it, but then the seller relisted it saying NO RETURNS, PERIOD.  It was an obvious forgery.  Won't go into the reasons, but JunkerHQ, the Kojima Forums, helped me mass report the guy and get it taken down.  I think it was that card shop that got the idea when I brought it in.   There are  only 3 of these known to have ever been pulled (Sniper Wolf not among them), and I have 2 of the 3.  They are called Big Boss cards, and there are only 1 in the world of each.  Estimated to be only 10 total - 1 in every 3,500 packs, each pack costing $50-100.  Anyway, here is my contribution:

45420139_10212407022564599_482002532994908160_o.jpg

Edited by JanusZeal
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, JanusZeal said:

I have several 1-in-the-world items, but this is probably my favorite, since it encapsulates me as a collector -- Otaku Convention Otacon's "Big Boss" card.  I'm a bit hesitant to post it, as I brought it to a card shop in Beverly Hills for protection materials, and then 2 weeks later, someone starts trying  to sell a fake 1 of 1 "Big Boss" Sniper Wolf card from the same zip code (printed using internet images of Sniper Wolf).  They made a forgery to rip off collectors  -- someone bought it and then cancelled the sale when they realized it, but then the seller relisted it saying NO RETURNS, PERIOD.  It was an obvious forgery.  Won't go into the reasons, but JunkerHQ, the Kojima Forums, helped me mass report the guy and get it taken down.  I think it was that card shop that got the idea when I brought it in.   There are  only 3 of these known to have ever been pulled (Sniper Wolf not among them), and I have 2 of the 3.  They are called Big Boss cards, and there are only 1 in the world of each.  Estimated to be only 10 total - 1 in every 3,500 packs, each pack costing $50-100.  Anyway, here is my contribution:

You should throw some water marks on this bad boy and repost the pics. Thanks for sharing such a rare item.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, Astor Reinhardt said:

So here's what the book looks like as well as the first few pages. I'd upload more but I hit the max. So no recipes.

Cover.jpg

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

Oh snap the Nintendo recipe book!  I have a Nintendo newsletter that talks about this being released the next month.  Aweosme to finally see one!

• Like 5

On 3/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, dyer said:

Not quite one of a kind, but one of 15 (does that count?).

Crystallised Xbox 360 Kinnect, produced exclusively for Kylie Minogues Aphrodite's tour!

spacer.png

spacer.png

http://totoproductionhouse.blogspot.com/2011/06/play-bling-x-microsoft-kinect-kylie.html

Very cool item, i recently picked up an NYC Swarovski Nintendo DS, I believe its the Nintendogs version as its pink and has a paw print in swarovski crystals on the front... super hard to find much info on, but its really cool. 

95293530_1068864276826564_448799407844884480_n.jpg

• Like 5

Graphics Team · Posted
On 5/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Blasterhjal said:

Great topic!! I think my only one of a kind item is this complete set Mario gum stickers from the 90ies. My dad even saved a CIB set of gum 😄

2020-05-02-02-06-27.jpg

This is really neat! I've never seen something like this before. Did you collect these in the 90s or after-the-fact?

-CasualCart

On 5/4/2020 at 12:16 AM, CasualCart said:

This is really neat! I've never seen something like this before. Did you collect these in the 90s or after-the-fact?

-CasualCart

I'm from Europe, maybe thats the reason you never seen it? I collected them myself when I already was a really young collector 😄

Graphics Team · Posted
19 minutes ago, Blasterhjal said:

I'm from Europe, maybe thats the reason you never seen it? I collected them myself when I already was a really young collector 😄

That's so cool! It's such an interesting set. Niche retro gaming items like these are always great to discover.

-CasualCart

On 3/24/2020 at 3:58 PM, fcgamer said:

Catalogue from Honey Bee, yeah the converter guys.

Got this several years back from someone who used to be quite prominent in the scene, maybe tsr? I don't remember anymore.

Perhaps not truly one of a kind, but I doubt there's many left.

IMG20200324225543.jpg

IMG20200324225446.jpg

That's awesome -- does this catalog mention their converters or any Famicom/NES items?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my contribution!

The scorecard for the Starfox Weekend competition cart. Aside from possibly having the most complete set from that weekend event (I'm missing the yellow event workers vest and I think an event workers pin) I'd likely never have one of these cards in my possession again if I let it go.

Honorable mention: First Print BOTW Amiibos without the Switch on the back label, imagining letting those go can't imagine them coming back easy. 

15906876717101471268629638866012.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Jayfate91 said:

Here is my contribution!

The scorecard for the Starfox Weekend competition cart. Aside from possibly having the most complete set from that weekend event (I'm missing the yellow event workers vest and I think an event workers pin) I'd likely never have one of these cards in my possession again if I let it go.

Honorable mention: First Print BOTW Amiibos without the Switch on the back label, imagining letting those go can't imagine them coming back easy. 

15906876717101471268629638866012.jpg

I’ve seen your set on Reddit. Definitely up there, but I’d have to say Ibrahim (on here) has the most complete set I know of. He might be able to steer you in the right direction for some pieces you’re missing. 

Edited by Nickfraun

On 6/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, Nickfraun said:

I’ve seen your set on Reddit. Definitely up there, but I’d have to say Ibrahim (on here) has the most complete set I know of. He might be able to steer you in the right direction for some pieces you’re missing. 

Right! I have seen some astonishing pieces here as well, I had no clue so it was very cool to see what else I need to look out for! 

I think this one is fun.  I'm sure someone else could put it together with enough time and patience, but this is the most complete set of Official Nintendo Video Game Stick-Ons with Sticker book, all still sealed.  

20200611_220612.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

Sega Pico store kiosk. I don’t know how many of these there are out there, but I’m sure there can’t be many. Been following kiosks for almost a decade and I’ve only seen two others.

Missed out on an opportunity to buy a LaserActive store kiosk some years back. Was in talks with the seller and suddenly another interested party swooped in to buy it. That buyer was the National Video Game Museum in Texas; can’t exactly be upset about that.

7622B586-7C6D-433F-91BA-C19BF3687FD8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Esquire said:

Sega Pico store kiosk. I don’t know how many of these there are out there, but I’m sure there can’t be many. Been following kiosks for almost a decade and I’ve only seen two others.

Missed out on an opportunity to buy a LaserActive store kiosk some years back. Was in talks with the seller and suddenly another interested party swooped in to buy it. That buyer was the National Video Game Museum in Texas; can’t exactly be upset about that.

That’s slick.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:10 PM, B.A. said:

I think this one is fun.  I'm sure someone else could put it together with enough time and patience, but this is the most complete set of Official Nintendo Video Game Stick-Ons with Sticker book, all still sealed.  

20200611_220612.jpg

Nice work man! I just bought the album recently 

5 hours ago, Esquire said:

Freaking nice! The Pico was a big part of my childhood, so this brings back some really good memories. 

• Like 2