IGNORED

The one of a kind thread

B.A.

These are some giclee canvas maps I had made of the overworld for Golden Axe Warrior. The larger is 24" x 36" and the smaller is 11" x 17".  I later had one made that is 36" x 54".  Pretty certain that they are the only ones like this (unless the guy who made them ran off some copies) since I created the Excell spreadsheet myself.

There are a few paper copies of the 11" x 17" one out there that I gave to people as gifts.

thumbnail (1) (2).jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2

17 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

These are some giclee canvas maps I had made of the overworld for Golden Axe Warrior. The larger is 24" x 36" and the smaller is 11" x 17".  I later had one made that is 36" x 54".  Pretty certain that they are the only ones like this (unless the guy who made them ran off some copies) since I created the Excell spreadsheet myself.

There are a few paper copies of the 11" x 17" one out there that I gave to people as gifts.

thumbnail (1) (2).jpg

Those are extremely well done.  I remember your posts when you finished, great to see it again! 

25 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Those are extremely well done.  I remember your posts when you finished, great to see it again! 

Thanks!

They look much more impressive IRL.

I saw some ads for a sign place that does canvas or vinyl signs at a reasonable rate - I am gonna see if they can do something with my Dark Wizard maps.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

thumbnail (1) (2).jpg

Amazing!

On 12/11/2019 at 8:59 PM, DarkTone said:

Would that mean custom consoles and controllers too?

I don't see why not! Share away dude, sharing is caring after all! 😉

Edit: Whoops, sorry I didn't finish reading the whole thread!

Excellent looking SNES there dude! 🙂

Edited by OptOut

I've been meaning to post this for awhile. They were personalized bronze, silver and gold NES carts given to the top 3 finishers in the 2014 NA Weekly Contest tournament. Besides the winners username, the label has the players scores for each round as well as their total overall points. It's also a fully playable copy of Double Dragon 2 with a customized title screen with my name and score on it!

• Like 15
  • Wow! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to share this Xbox headset that I got at e3 2005. I was lucky enough to catch being thrown from a balcony by major Nelson during their community party, I don't remember how many he threw out but definitely less than 10? I have never seen another anywhere, I know it's just a headset but with the memories attached I'm super happy to have it in my Xbox collection.

20200107_120104.jpg

20200107_115705.jpg

20200107_115803.jpg

20200107_115921.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've been meaning to post this for awhile. They were personalized bronze, silver and gold NES carts given to the top 3 finishers in the 2014 NA Weekly Contest tournament. Besides the winners username, the label has the players scores for each round as well as their total overall points. It's also a fully playable copy of Double Dragon 2 with a customized title screen with my name and score on it!

1222191244.thumb.jpg.fce798f62dbe97d057e1de38abfda5dc.jpg

This was one of the motivating factors to get me to compete in the contests! I had hoped to win a cart like this one day 🙂 I actually offered to help get some carts made after this had happened, but I don't recall the outcome. I'm not sure carts were ever given out again, amirite?  You have to love this thing!

• Wow! 1

16 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

This was one of the motivating factors to get me to compete in the contests! I had hoped to win a cart like this one day 🙂 I actually offered to help get some carts made after this had happened, but I don't recall the outcome. I'm not sure carts were ever given out again, amirite?  You have to love this thing!

As far as I know they were only given out for the 2014 tournament. I beat the Twin Galaxies Double Dragon II record and my score is in print on the label. Since mine is a first place cart, it's also a custom Double Dragon II cart which should have my name and high score on the title screen, but as you can see I couldn't bring myself to open it.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

22 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I'd love to see these come back if possible. I don't think LukeAFA/Swiftfrost made the jump over here and I think he funded them and set everything up. Since there's one full season now, it may be more affordable. I'd have to check and see if there's a way to bring these back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kuriatsu said:

are prototypes eligible for this conversation or are those "obviously one of a kind" and as such are not eligible?

I imagine this is for retail leaning stuff only.

nevermind, I didn't see this was an old thread.

I'm always interested in seeing lone copies of games that never made it to production, so I'd vote that those should count. I think someone at NA had found and owned the single known proto copy of the completely finished Earthbound game. That was cool and would definitely belong here.

14 hours ago, kuriatsu said:

are prototypes eligible for this conversation or are those "obviously one of a kind" and as such are not eligible?

I imagine this is for retail leaning stuff only.

nevermind, I didn't see this was an old thread.

Post away! Keep the thread going.

ok, so....these aren't really one of a kind but....They're close enough I think.

1.thumb.jpg.12b194cafb0e099b80cd438d8dd2bee7.jpg

This is a Wii RVT-R that looks like an ordinary wii, from what I gather from a while ago(I showed it off on the discord channel I believe) it was used at E3 2006, and 2011.

I would show some GBA dev carts and a couple PS3 test units, but those are far from one of a kind, software aside, this Wii is fairly unique.

1673671510_1(1).thumb.jpg.25ee5bc8b33407b56df43eb5ee0c24d2.jpg

Edited by kuriatsu
adding images
  • Like 3

Wasn't planning to post in this thread because I don't have anything crazy but here's 3 items that might qualify: 

B11D28F6-28F1-4607-A2FE-6226A6D40403.jpeg

I have asked around to no avail, I have looked for an eBay listing, a webpage, anything at all, nothing, no dice. Apparently no one is aware of or possesses this little button that I received when I purchased Ninja Town for Nintendo DS. I don't know if it was a pre-order bonus (I didn't pre-order it), or if it was just a launch bonus. I'm pretty sure my copy was a gutted display copy at GameStop and I've been trying to figure out how this pin was actually given out. I highly doubt it was meant to be covered in a giant circle sticker like this... but until I can find some information about it I'm not touching it. So it's probably not one-of-a-kind but until I can find another one on the entire Internet, I'm going to say it's one of a kind!

9ED35FD6-92E6-4062-A77C-A6C8E98E0808.jpeg

I'm just going to hazard a guess that this was the only copy of Space Station Silicon Valley at Video Hits, Inc. in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. There may have been more, but I haven't seen 'em. 

OK, enough playing around, this last one really is one-of-a-kind: 

4A25AB16-9307-4D29-AE4E-617055CE7BD5.jpeg

In 2013 I was invited by Shifty Look (a now defunct division of Namco Bandai that produced web comics and eventually branched out into mobile games and even a short anime web series) to play a set at New York Comic Con. This was back when I was actively playing shows using the KORG DS10 software. I would go in with my baby blue DSi and my wife's midnight blue DSi XL, each with a copy of the software, running to a mixer so that I could seamlessly switch between the two to put on concerts. The head of Shifty Look was a fan of chipmusic and had discovered me through that and actually this was my second year playing Comic Con with them. I did my usual thing, put on an hour show and even managed to convince some of the passersby to stop and dance for a while (I had to bait them with a free CD, but nevermind that). Well little did I know that after my set they had Rob Paulsen, prolific veteran voice actor (known for the Animaniacs and a bunch of other shows) on the schedule. He was doing a talk because he was the voice of one of the characters (I think it was Bravoman) for a mobile game Shifty Look had released. Well at one point they asked him something about new talent and he said something along the lines of "yeah there's so much new talent out there, for example just look at this guy who was on before me, that was great" (I am extremely paraphrasing here, I don't recall exactly what he said but it was an unexpected compliment). I wasn't even there when he said it, I went to cool off which I usually had to do after any set because I would usually get super nervous. So I came back around when he was wrapping up and some one filled me in, and I figured I should try to go talk to him and maybe get his autograph. I didn't have anything with me for him to sign so I thought, what the hey, I'm going to ask him to sign my DSi. And he did! So I can definitely say I'm the only person in the world to have a Nintendo DSi signed by Rob Paulsen. And I rarely use it now because I'm afraid to wear off the autograph!

• Like 6

I have this very strange controller unit that I picked up several years (a couple decades actually)  ago at a thirft store.  It is two joysticks with all the buttons that are mounted in a box that is maybe 3' wide.   Each controller has one output with a unique receptacle of some sort and it came with six cords - two of which convert to a SNES, two to a Genesis and the other two to what I assume was for a  Turbografx 16 (I have never had one of these to check it - I can play that format vis my laseractive console).

The box itself is made of sheet metal (painted a flat grey) and is well enough made that it could have been a factory job or a really well made home effort,  The cables are molded on both ends so they were made in a factory.  No name of any sort (although it could have had a label that came off) - it doesn't look like was used much (if at all) - frankly it looks like it would not work very well since the controllers are too close together.

I am not sure if this a very limited release, a prototype or a homemade unit. 

I can't post any pictures since it is storage.  I should probably leave it in my will to a video game museum.

Edited by Tabonga