IGNORED

The one of a kind thread

B.A.

Here are a couple of my one-of-a-kinds.

My unreleased Superman Returns disc for the PSP.  This UMD prototype disc was demo'ed at E3 2006 but the game was later cancelled (allegedly because the devs were having problems getting enough juice out of the PSP to properly run the game).  This is the only copy of this unreleased PSP game known to have been found.

PSP-SupermanReturns.thumb.jpg.a27fc40cf9a57ee5b07c764dee5e3c4c.jpg

And, more recently, I stumbled across this - the North American release of the CD-i's Internet Kit.  Philips released the kit in Europe in 1995 as the "CD-i Internet Kit" and then announced a US release at E3 in May 1996 (renamed the "Web-i" kit).  However, Philips discontinued the CD-i line in the US later in '96 and, until now, it was assumed that the Web-i kit had been cancelled.  I found this one earlier this year - it was purchased directly from Philips Media in February 1997 (it still had the original Philips Media invoice/packing slip) - indicating that Philips probably liquidated the few of them they had actually produced via DTC sale.  So far, this is the only one we know of:

Web-i.thumb.jpg.3a75b0c275e11758de6da4211517793b.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 12:46 AM, MiamiSlice said:

What is this? A promo? Demo?

MegaMan52 posted this in the GameCube Japan thread in the collectors guides section, so I'ma just sneak in and quote them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o18NfhPJa84

Might've been used for a Competition, like the Melee Event disc. When I bought this disc (a year or two ago), the only information I could find about it was the name of the disc and one picture

Edited by drxandy

Not sure it's one of a kind since I assume every Nintendo employee (in the US at least) got this during the holidays back when but idk how many copies are floating around...but I think my Nintendo: Home for the Holidays cookbook from 1992 is the only thing that MIGHT be one of a kind. I've only ever seen one other copy online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Not sure it's one of a kind since I assume every Nintendo employee (in the US at least) got this during the holidays back when but idk how many copies are floating around...but I think my Nintendo: Home for the Holidays cookbook from 1992 is the only thing that MIGHT be one of a kind. I've only ever seen one other copy online.

Are you ever going to post any of the recipes? Talk about being selfish...

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

Never heard of this, can you post some pics of it?  That sounds interesting lol.

9 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Are you ever going to post any of the recipes? Talk about being selfish...

Ya, post some 🙂 

These may not be one of a kind, but they're pretty rare. LOtR Error disc (Disc plays Crash Twinsanity) and NHL 2K6 (disc plays Genji: Dawn of the Samurai) and a miscut cover.

RE Outbreak Public Beta is a bit rarer then some of the other PS2 Public betas out there. I've got a few others too.

PS2.jpg

RE Beta.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, dyer said:

Not quite one of a kind, but one of 15 (does that count?).

Crystallised Xbox 360 Kinnect, produced exclusively for Kylie Minogues Aphrodite's tour!

spacer.png

spacer.png

http://totoproductionhouse.blogspot.com/2011/06/play-bling-x-microsoft-kinect-kylie.html

This is great. But what was it used for?

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

This is great. But what was it used for?

They were actually used at the concerts themselves.

They were set up with an Xbox 360 and participants would have the chance to dance to "Can't get you out of my head" which is featured on Just Dance Central.

https://mikeshouts.com/game-of-luxury-swarovski-crystals-studded-kinect/

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 5:38 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

As far as I know they were only given out for the 2014 tournament. I beat the Twin Galaxies Double Dragon II record and my score is in print on the label. Since mine is a first place cart, it's also a custom Double Dragon II cart which should have my name and high score on the title screen, but as you can see I couldn't bring myself to open it.

They were done on another tournament season as well, since I have one that is my trophy copy of RC Pro Am (other games were Adventure Island and something else I don't recall without digging it out of the closet...)

Your trophy is from the second season they were made.  Ours were a total surprise.