IGNORED

Do you guys keep the shipping boxes your homebrew games were mailed in?

fcgamer

Do you keep the shipping boxes your homebrew games were shipped in?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep the shipping boxes your homebrew games were shipped in?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends

I don't buy homebrew games but related, I will keep a specially branded game.  If I ever ordered a game from a notable homebrewer, I'd keep the box.  Part of the reason why I do this is it proves I'm the first-owner if I ever get rid of it, and choose to get rid of it in the distant future.

I also keep some LRG boxes.  Why? I don't know. I guess it's because I picked up a sealed Breach and Clear (the first LRG game) and the seller boxed up and sent me the entire package, game and items it initially came it.  So, it kind of started a habit of keeping LRG boxes.

I have every shipping box from every aftermarket game I've bought for at least ten years.

Conscious decision I made when I knew I was trying to create the Aftermarket Archive. I make a note of what came in it, break it down if possible, into a plastic tote and off to storage. I honestly assumed it would just be me doing this. Surprised the question came up and it's not a joke towards me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I have every shipping box from every aftermarket game I've bought for at least ten years.

Conscious decision I made when I knew I was trying to create the Aftermarket Archive. I make a note of what came in it, break it down if possible, into a plastic tote and off to storage. I honestly assumed it would just be me doing this. Surprised the question came up and it's not a joke towards me.

I've kept a few from the independent guys hand building and posting stuff.

The ones that left me scratch my head was when I ordered from a site like broke studios or whatever. 

• Like 1

Homebrew, normally but it depends on if the box is anything special.  Like Paprium and the other WM releases I've kept since they go crazy.  Random bubble mailer, no thanks I'll strip the label off and re-use it.

Plenty of retail release I keep the shipping boxes on too, like NISA boxes with stock numbers on them, or the phenomenal Summon Night 6 shipping box. Some are also just decent boxes for storage, like the ones from Play-Asia or LRG.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, RH said:

I also keep some LRG boxes.  Why? I don't know. I guess it's because I picked up a sealed Breach and Clear (the first LRG game) and the seller boxed up and sent me the entire package, game and items it initially came it.  So, it kind of started a habit of keeping LRG boxes.

I kept like 90% of my LRG games in their original mailers with the inserts (sticker/postcard/redemption ticket) for a very long time.  I cleared out a lot of them several years ago when I needed space, ago but did keep some.  Specifically my Breach and Clear bubble mailer with the 2015 mailing date which I thought was kind of fun.  I dumped almost all the stickers and postcards in a random box together though.  Good luck to me ever sorting that out in the future, LOL!

@fcgamer Since I'm going to call LRG boxes homebrew boxes for the sake of the poll, then yes.  I kept each box because they're quite sturdy and very helpful in shipping out another more valued game or small item to another person.  I'm mostly out, may have 1 or 2 left if that along with a few of the similar play-asia boxes.

• Like 1