• A Simple Plan (1998)
    • For Love of the Game (1999)
    • The Gift (2000)
    • Spider-Man (2002)
    • Spider-Man 2 (2004)
    • Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    • Drag Me to Hell (2009)
    • Oz the Great and Powerful (2013)
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
  2. 2. Which movie is your favorite?

• The Evil Dead (1981)
    • The Evil Dead (1981)
    • Evil Dead II (1987)
    • Darkman (1990)
    • Army of Darkness (1992)
    • The Quick and the Dead (1995)
    • A Simple Plan (1998)
    • For Love of the Game (1999)
    • The Gift (2000)
    • Spider-Man (2002)
    • Spider-Man 2 (2004)
    • Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    • Drag Me to Hell (2009)
    • Oz the Great and Powerful (2013)
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The only one of these I've seen is the original Evil Dead, and I hated it, so it feels weird to have it as my "favourite". But there it is I guess. 

Wait, you're a horror guy who hasn't seen Evil Dead II or Army of Darkness?  How is that possible lol

9 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Went with Evil Dead II as the fave but Army of Darkness is really close. 

Also love Quick and the Dead.  That was one of the few times I wasn't admitted to a rated R movie.  Ended up buying a ticket to The Brady Bunch Movie and sneaking in.  Good times.

Haha, same thing happened to me with The Crow 2 😂

• Haha 1

Surprising choice for a "special movie debate" given his claim to fame is a sadly a relatively small handful of movies. Honestly I love his style and I wish he'd made more movies since the Spider-Man ones, but I also can't really afford to complain about that given I still haven't watched a majority of his existing stuff.

Usually my pick would have been Evil Dead 2. The movie is just a fantastic experience, not just for how unique it was when it came out, but for how unique it still is. It's such an obvious choice, and you can tell it's already winning the poll.

But after recently rewatching all of his Spider-Man movies, I finally realised just how good Spider-Man 2 is. I enjoyed it when I watched it in the theater, but I didn't think much of it, it's just a dumb superhero movie after all. But man, there are so many fun details to it. It's a "movie" movie, and I don't know how to explain that better, but I wish I could. Every actor is hamming it up, and every scene just has that surreal feel to it like it's staged for a movie - which makes sense, because it is. But it's definitely moreso than most other movies I've ever seen.

Of course that's a part of Raimi's whole style, and not unique to Spider-Man 2 at all, but I feel like that movie took it to a level where everything just works to perfection. Is it as weird and wonderful as Evil Dead 2? Maybe not, but to me it feels like everything Sam Raimi is good at, all coming together.

Edited by Sumez

I've only seen the Spiderman movies and The Quick and the Dead.  The Quick and the Dead was easily my favorite out of that group, but I also enjoyed the Spiderman movies.  Even Spiderman 3 wasn't terrible for me.  It's certainly the weakest of the original trilogy, but it doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets.