IGNORED

Game Debate #169: Cadence of Hyrule

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, koifish said:

this is a necrodancer spinoff, right? I tried necrodancer once but didn't like it, just not what I i look for. I like rhythm games and I like dungeon games, but I don't want them together. No opinion on this one because I've never played nor seen it.

This one has an overworld and traditional progression to make it more Zelda-y

I had this, and other than looking and sounding like a Zelda game I liked nothing about it, sold it.  I tried repeatedly to like it, but the whole core mechanic of the game was a total miss for me.  If you can't handle demanding rhythm games run away, run far far away, because the timing will take you down.

I’ve been meaning to play this but haven’t gotten around to it. I enjoyed crypt of the necrodancer so I’ll probably like the Zelda spinoff. 

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

I was expecting "Never played it, but you're interested" to dominate for this one, but pretty surprised about how many people just didn't even hear of it. 😄 

But then again, this is the forum where one of the year's biggest releases has only a single post in its thread 😂

Most people here haven’t moved past the SNES 😂

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Sumez said:

I was expecting "Never played it, but you're interested" to dominate for this one, but pretty surprised about how many people just didn't even hear of it. 😄 

But then again, this is the forum where one of the year's biggest releases has only a single post in its thread 😂

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

I want to do debates for Returnal, Control, and Astral Chain, and I expect they'll all flop hard.

Necrodancer is still sitting unplayed in my GOG library. I fully intend to play it but I just don't know when I'll make the time. And I've told myself I'm not going to bother with Cadence until Necrodancer is done, if at all.

Rhythm games aren't really my thing but the idea of these titles is so charming that I couldn't ignore it. Probably not something I'll play beyond a single completion but something I feel like I should experience even just once.

I got it right away. It looks like a lot of fun and I had to have it. A higher price point would have put me off though.

I haven't played this or most Switch games I have just because my TV isn't big enough for most of the text. Upgrade might be coming soon.

Music has always been a big deal with the LoZ series, from the beginning but especially from OoT onward. This seems like a great way to embrace and expand that facet of it. Mario gets 700 different ways to expand in different kinds of games; it's good for Link to have more opportunities too. Although I'd rather have more good mainline series entries tbqh