IGNORED

I have a cat now

Gloves

23 hours ago, cartman said:

Yes the games on the shelves can definity be scratched and you should pay attention to that. The best is some small cupboard and that the shelf simply starts at a higher point but i think cats can jump pretty high. I don't know if he'll jump against a flat surface though. Maybe he would, atleast once.

You could always get a slice of transparent glass/plastic and simply let it stand in front of the shelf effectively blocking it. So if the cat touches he will only get in contact with that material.

Also i'd avoid petting the cat and touching the games afterward better to attend any game-sorting business that day before interacting with the cat. I reckon you don't go touching the collectibles too regularly anyway so when you do, it pays off to plan it a little.

I personally enjoy oil prints from a freshly petted cat on my game boxes.

• 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted

So unfortunately somewhat sad news today, we've decided that Larry was not a fit for us. He's a sweet boy at times, but overall honestly turns out he's a menace lol. Very very needy and active, on top of that he has cost us a lot of money right out of the gate with vet visits and the like. It turned out to just not be a match, but life goes on. The shelter assures us its totally fine and they're confident he'll find a good home. 

On the flip side... 

IMG_20230928_153800.jpg

Now we have 3 cats. 

This guy is Cid:

IMG_20230928_182310.jpg

And this is Biggs (right) and Wedge (left):

IMG_20230928_182247.jpg

They're all boys, and all absolute units. Big ol chonkers. They're so sweet and chill and I honestly think this will be a much better match for us and our lifestyle, and we have a ton of space so 3 cats in the space should be totally fine. 

Sad to let Larry go, but also relieved. I've likened it a bit to dating and Larry was the hip young biker boy with the leather jacket, he was cool and active and full of life, but he smoked and I felt uncomfortable bringing him home to meet my parents. 

Excited though for the future with these three thicc bois. 

• Love 3

Man! That sucks.

Mr. Pickles is the most energetic asshole and the sweetest cat ever. He destroys almost everything and I let him. They’ve only got a short time on this planet with us. He has also cost me a fortune. I wouldn’t trade my experience with him for any game😁

Hope these new babies work out better for you.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Lol the plan is two and we'll work from there. Going off the shelters notes. But yes we're open to more. Might place two upstairs, two down, or something. 

When I had 2 cats we had 4. You should have at least 1 per cat. But 2 is ideal. 
I’m excited to see the progress you make with cats. They are the best animal!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Man! That sucks.

Mr. Pickles is the most energetic asshole and the sweetest cat ever. He destroys almost everything and I let him. They’ve only got a short time on this planet with us. He has also cost me a fortune. I wouldn’t trade my experience with him for any game😁

Hope these new babies work out better for you.

Sweet assholes are cool but honestly at the end of the day we felt the most important thing was his happiness, and we didn't feel he'd be happy long term with us. We're frankly pretty sedentary for long stretches of the day and he was exhibiting behaviour I'd expect from a very very bored cat. We don't hate him or anything, he's a cool dude and deserves a home that will give him all he needs. 

It was a tough, but prudent choice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Sweet assholes are cool but honestly at the end of the day we felt the most important thing was his happiness, and we didn't feel he'd be happy long term with us. We're frankly pretty sedentary for long stretches of the day and he was exhibiting behaviour I'd expect from a very very bored cat. We don't hate him or anything, he's a cool dude and deserves a home that will give him all he needs. 

It was a tough, but prudent choice. 

I get that yo. Mr. Pickles needs attention and always wants to play. I play with him for aboot and hour a day. The rest of the time he yells at me and demands pets. It’s pretty nice for me. 
You did the right thing for Larry.

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love seeing 3 bonded cats adopted at the same time, specifically long haired black cats. Thats rarely done. Respect for the names too, love the FFVII ref.

My MIL loves black cats and has 2. We have one (kinda), sleeping here right now- but really a tuxedo

image.jpg.cae8c515926e3508ceb168f19f130521.jpg
morph ball acquired

feel bad for my dude Larry, but as long as he finds a good home its all good. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Love seeing 3 bonded cats adopted at the same time, specifically long haired black cats. Thats rarely done. Respect for the names too, love the FFVII ref.

My MIL loves black cats and has 2. We have one (kinda), sleeping here right now- but really a tuxedo

image.jpg.cae8c515926e3508ceb168f19f130521.jpg
morph ball acquired

feel bad for my dude Larry, but as long as he finds a good home its all good. 

Couldn't have said it better, I feel more or less the same on all those points.

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

So unfortunately somewhat sad news today, we've decided that Larry was not a fit for us. He's a sweet boy at times, but overall honestly turns out he's a menace lol. Very very needy and active, on top of that he has cost us a lot of money right out of the gate with vet visits and the like. It turned out to just not be a match, but life goes on. The shelter assures us its totally fine and they're confident he'll find a good home. 

On the flip side... 

IMG_20230928_153800.jpg

Now we have 3 cats. 

This guy is Cid:

IMG_20230928_182310.jpg

And this is Biggs (right) and Wedge (left):

IMG_20230928_182247.jpg

They're all boys, and all absolute units. Big ol chonkers. They're so sweet and chill and I honestly think this will be a much better match for us and our lifestyle, and we have a ton of space so 3 cats in the space should be totally fine. 

Sad to let Larry go, but also relieved. I've likened it a bit to dating and Larry was the hip young biker boy with the leather jacket, he was cool and active and full of life, but he smoked and I felt uncomfortable bringing him home to meet my parents. 

Excited though for the future with these three thicc bois. 

All black team. How the hell do you differentiate??

Edited by BlackVega