IGNORED

The Positive Post Challenge (PPC)

Graphics Team · Posted

Let's spread the positivity on VGS!

Challenge: to make at least 2 positive posts for every 1 negative.

Track Your Progress: feel free to reserve a post in this thread to track and update your counts. You can even go so far as to add "PCP +1" or "PCP -1" at the bottom of your posts to see how well you're doing and encourage others to participate.

(Of course there's nothing wrong with being critical or negative on occasion - but there's already too much cynicism online and it would be great to make VGS feel like an escape from that.)

I might try to come up with some incentives for users with the most (genuine) positive posts, and/or the most improved over time. And even if the PPC crashes and burns or never catches-on, we can at least keep the idea in the back of our minds as we interact on the forum.

[T-Pac]

image.png.37e19ffc9828997255b5ba4803eb673f.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Administrator · Posted

I love it T-Pac 🙂

There is so much angst and negativity, that it's great to encourage positive / constructive / supportive contributions.  Obviously I want people to be who they are, but trying to focus on being more positive and constructive, is always a good thing to strive for in my opinion! 🙂 💖

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

@T-Pac helped me out with some art, can't really count that as a positive, event though the art is amazing, but over the years I have been involved with VGS, T-PAC has been part of the heart and soul of VGS with all of his amazing artwork!  He helped me rebrand as he has just recently rebranded.  Love all the art you do T-Pac, keep it up ❤️.

@spacepup helps keep the site running and is genuinely one of the nicest people I have met on VGS.  He, from what I can see, keeps a positive outlook on everything!  

@Gloves is a doody head, jk, he keeps the site running just like any of the other admins.  I can count this as a neutral now 😉.  

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Just dropped the Pans Labyrinth debate.  Love that movie.

Queuing up some more music debates after a long hiatus.  Excited for that.

Ghost dropped a new song today.  It's a winner, like every track they've ever done.

Playing some Yoku's Island Express.  It's a winner.  Games rule.

Bought Live A Live and Theatrythm.  Collecting games rules.

redacted

Working on a deal with @spacepup.  He obviously rules.

Positivity, yeah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I feel like this is going to be tremendously difficult for certain users.

Oh shit, that was negative 😂

I agree. PPC+1

Was playing Nebs 'n Debs today, great game PPC+1

Nothing like building community ties with some Werewolf PPC+1

Easy peasy 🙂

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted

Buncha silly gooses in here...

image.png.c1ff4dc49ed8445384efb422dffb3236.png

The challenge isn't to post positive comments here in this thread - it's to make at least two-thirds of ALL your posts across the ENTIRE SITE positive. It's not much of a challenge otherwise haha.

(Not that there's anything wrong with spreading some good-vibes in this thread, too, though.)

[T-Pac}

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

Buncha silly gooses in here...

image.png.c1ff4dc49ed8445384efb422dffb3236.png

The challenge isn't to post positive comments here in this thread - it's to make at least two-thirds of ALL your posts across the ENTIRE SITE positive. It's not much of a challenge otherwise haha.

(Not that there's anything wrong with spreading some good-vibes in this thread, too, though.)

[T-Pac}

I like your picatures.

Your idea is a cute one.  good job 👍 

I feel like I will have stiff competition for the lowest score.

Adam Sandler Golf GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Administrator · Posted

It doesn't need to be complicated.  Basically, it's a plea / encouragement to be more positive on the site.  Especially (I believe) aimed at people who maybe aren't so great at that.  How you choose to implement the idea, is entirely up to you!  If some people want to keep track here because it helps keep them motivated, then sure, you could do that.  I personally won't be 'tracking' myself, but the aim to be more constructive and positive, and maybe less snarky or sarcastic, is definitely a good thing to strive for.  🙂

• Agree 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:16 PM, AirVillain said:

Wait a second here... is THIS why @Tanooki has been "agreeing" with me so much???

image.png.c0ccb3ff9f7132aef94081b0896c6901.png

Trying to boost the numbers! 🧐

😅

I had to quote myself here.... 😳

Just jokin' with ya @Tanooki , sorry! Was just trying to be sarcastic, my bad. The "😅" face was intended to show that. 

Was just funny for me because I got a few notifications at the same time. Felt good to know someone agreed with me so much, so thanks for that, should have just said that in the first message. 🤗

• Angry 1